Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Top Contributor
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Fri 15 Oct 2021 - 17:11

» Welcome to our discussions section
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Fri 15 Oct 2021 - 5:53

» Seasonal Task of "Earn Coins"
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Thu 14 Oct 2021 - 20:33

» Co-Op Ads
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Tessa Tiger Wed 13 Oct 2021 - 20:36

» Windows Lucky Towns
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 12 Oct 2021 - 22:34

» Playrix Info from T&B
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 12 Oct 2021 - 21:17

» In a Co op where Leader is completely inactive
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Mon 11 Oct 2021 - 16:07

» Hi!
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby BlueSkyTown Mon 11 Oct 2021 - 5:32

» Game Update
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 18:46

» Golden Ticket-What's required to finish
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 3:37

» Another Update
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 23:57

» Windows Update 8.61.1 Available
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 18:31

» Way too many building materials arriving, even before I've levelled up enough t.
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby RuthsTown Wed 6 Oct 2021 - 18:14

» Say Hello!
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 5 Oct 2021 - 1:21

» Township Corn Maze 2021
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Tue 5 Oct 2021 - 0:27

» Race of champions, tasks really hard?
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby SweetTater Mon 4 Oct 2021 - 18:19

» Cross Stitch Patterns as Design Ideas???
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 2 Oct 2021 - 23:44

» Lucky Town How-to Post Link
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Fri 1 Oct 2021 - 1:05

» Delayed Start ROC
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Wed 29 Sep 2021 - 17:38

» Pick Talk (for goldpassers)
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 29 Sep 2021 - 4:21

» Multiple PC User Accounts & Multiple Towns on One Device
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 28 Sep 2021 - 21:45

» Ruler of the mine and Mine time question
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Mon 27 Sep 2021 - 23:58

» Windows Update 8.6.0 Available
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Mon 27 Sep 2021 - 14:46

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 19:54

New topics
» Playrix Info from T&B
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Tue 12 Oct 2021 - 8:07

» Seasonal Task of "Earn Coins"
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 20:45

» Hi!
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby jobanje Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 10:48

» Game Update
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 2:28

» Golden Ticket-What's required to finish
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby catlover88 Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 19:11

» In a Co op where Leader is completely inactive
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby catlover88 Tue 5 Oct 2021 - 20:12

» Windows Update 8.61.1 Available
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 5 Oct 2021 - 13:58

» Way too many building materials arriving, even before I've levelled up enough t.
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby RuthsTown Mon 4 Oct 2021 - 22:11

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!

Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Light of the World~Emily

Mod
Light of the World~Emily
Mod

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Empty
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2021 - 21:13 #1

First topic message reminder :

Hello, all!  I'm working on making a fun "decor blog" that will help you all work more and more beauty into your towns!  I'm all about combining a functional town and a beautiful town, and I've come across a few designs and ideas over my years of playing that I'd like to share in a way that will allow you to draw from it in making your own "perfect town."  But as I go through the brainstorming process and the idea-gathering process, I've found I need your input.

What would you most like to see in a decor blog?  Would you rather see functional decorations, such as ways to arrange your fields and factories to be both beautiful and useful, or would you rather see "fun" decorations like animals or geometric designs that just look cool?  Are you most interested in high-level decorations that show off your wealth or are you more interested in making your town beautiful on a shoestring?  Also, what approximate level decorations are you looking for?  For instance, level 50+? 100+?  Zoo animals unlocked?

Whatever you choose in your response as to what you most want to see, I will take into consideration as I try to plan out a series of decoration tutorials.  And I will try also to include a variety of tutorials for all levels and interests!

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE do me a HUGE favor and as you're playing the game, if you see in a friend's town or someone you find on a leaderboard something you really think you'd love to see a tutorial on, SEND THE PICTURE TO ME!!!  I'm really trying to build myself a decent-sized base of decoration ideas before I start the blog so that I don't run out of steam a few weeks in.  Your screenshots will be of invaluable assistance to me.

So, go at it!  Tell me what you want to see.  Very Happy   I await your responses.
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls, Hope1982, Arial Heights, Neighbor Jane, BKNBLK13, Chorilandia, Sunshine and Rainbows and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile
AuthorMessage

just4fun

Active
just4fun
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 0:57 #58

@Mayfield wrote:
@Chorilandia wrote:
My new pirate decoration!

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 381a0d10

That looks terrific.

We do get a lot of jungle decor, don’t we?    I never thought of the thatched jungle decor as Pirate, but they work here, as they could be Caribbean native structures.  

yes, a lot of native, primivitive, archeological... pirate, and carnival.... I would love a botannical garden event or regatta season, and more trees/flowers and ponds/fountains always.
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 0:58 #59

@Chorilandia 
 nice job.  
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 200.gif?cid=9f95b832th36ncvslyg1uimeux0dx4005n18zfef936n2ng2&rid=200
Back to top Go down

Chorilandia Thinks this post is Awesome

BKNBLK13 and just4fun Agrees with this post

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 1:09 #60

@just4fun  I love your entry. 

@cemblack  I never notice the heart, I just liked the organization of it.  and the changes you made. I'll have to visit and take a better look. 

@Mayfield  You'll notice some of our "factories" are labeled restaurants, so I've been treating them as such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 1:50 #61

OK so not many are labeled as restaurants or stores or shops, I've still been treating them as if they were. 

Someone help me PLEASE. Can't make up my mind where to expand  the  next square of land. I can only do 1. 

Up here somewhere?
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Screen62

Or down here somewhere?
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Screen63
Back to top Go down
View user profile

cemblack

Active
cemblack
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 4:40 #62

@Michelle wrote:
OK so not many are labeled as restaurants or stores or shops, I've still been treating them as if they were. 

Someone help me PLEASE. Can't make up my mind where to expand  the  next square of land. I can only do 1. 

Up here somewhere?

Or down here somewhere?

I think the next block at your river nearest to the helipad
Back to top Go down

Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

just4fun

Active
just4fun
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 4:52 #63

I did the outside edges as able to keep the inner wildlife area... as needed later, did cluster areas, like an area for art district, music district, vacation beaches,  lantern festival or Halloween/school of magic harry potteresque as I gathered groups of decor... it coalesced and rearrange when Ideas emerge for permanent or seasonal aeas.

Recently did an area for science/technology, aerospace, star gazing... Will go snag a pic...
Back to top Go down

View user profile

cemblack

Active
cemblack
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 5:15 #64

@just4fun wrote:
I did the outside edges as able to keep the inner wildlife area... as needed later, did cluster areas, like an area for art district, music district, vacation beaches,  lantern festival or Halloween/school of magic harry potteresque as I gathered groups of decor... it coalesced and rearrange when Ideas emerge for permanent or seasonal aeas.  

Recently did an area for science/technology, aerospace, star gazing... Will go snag a pic...

I have seen other towns with a natural wildlife area on the inside of houses. It does look good.

Mine, by no means pretty as I have clusters of areas shoved together. I have put the Small Park and Wild Parks into the corners of my housing estates.

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Housin10
Back to top Go down

Michelle and just4fun Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

just4fun

Active
just4fun
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 5:17 #65

ok, here is my science technology aerospace and stargazing district

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Screen10

next to my flotilla pyramid city

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Screen11

note - in edit mode the blimps don't show/float or the plane skywriting the pink heart  - which i love. Playrix has some awesome decor.

Last edited by just4fun on Wed 5 May 2021 - 5:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Chorilandia and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

just4fun

Active
just4fun
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 5:26 #66

@cemblack wrote:
@just4fun wrote:

I have seen other towns with a natural wildlife area on the inside of houses. It does look good.

Mine, by no means pretty as I have clusters of areas shoved together. I have put the Small Park and Wild Parks into the corners of my housing estates.

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Housin10

I love all the green space - very nice Smile

I particularly enjoy the undeveloped land areas as you have to the left, especially in winter or when Playrix have the deer or bunnies running around.  Eventually i needed it for areas like beach vacations, Olympic peninsula, the Ancient/tropical and other theme decor... and still need more space always... I would like to free some of the nice pieces in storage, lol - I am so glad we can redesign at whim...
Back to top Go down

View user profile

cemblack

Active
cemblack
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 5:41 #67

@just4fun wrote:
@cemblack wrote:
@just4fun wrote:

I love all the green space - very nice Smile

I particularly enjoy the undeveloped land areas as you have to the left, especially in winter or when Playrix have the deer or bunnies running around.  Eventually i needed it for areas like beach vacations, Olympic peninsula, the Ancient/tropical and other theme decor... and still need more space always... I would like to free some of the nice pieces in storage, lol - I am so glad we can redesign at whim...

Thank you. "Redesign at whim" - I like that - could you imagine paying for the roads and paths!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just4fun

Active
just4fun
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 6:56 #68

yes, yw Smile

yes, so glad roads and pavement are free unlimited! Do wish we could store the mandatory buildings as well. It can be a challenge creating a design for some of them... I noticed some factories are open air restaurant seating, so have a little district for them with the green parking lot to appear as a drive through... a shopping/services walking district...

I am glad that if we get new ideas or tired of something, we can just rearrange -i love looking at other's towns and often snag ideas from simple butterflies to the township chessboard, to how to place those orange turrets... lol

so, thank you, and thank you all for sharing your towns - luv it!
Back to top Go down

View user profile

cemblack

Active
cemblack
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 10:01 #69

I am looking for some inspiration for the layout of my factories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 14:48 #70

I'll keep an eye out when I go visiting to help out here and there for factory placements. As I've said b4 most of mine are all over because I haven't been treating them as factories. The candy, snacks & ice cream shops are over by the pier with the rides like at the carnival/fair.  All that candy and popcorn is bound to make a person thirsty so the beverage place is there too. I could have placed them better but for now this will work.  

In the "business" district and close to where the university is; I've got fast food restaurant and coffee restaurant.  I don't have everything built yet; I think I'm behind by about 7 factories,  or 10.  

You're on my friends list so feel free to visit and take a drive around. If nothing else it will at least give you an idea of what not to do.  My town might be  disorganized and chaotic, but there is a method to my madness.  I'm not sure what it is, but I'm sure eventually I will let me know what it is.

There is a pic. on page 3(?)  #39 that shows someone's set up of their farm animals that you could get ideas from.  Although I like yours, The sand looks so much better.  I was quite impressed when I visited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 16:45 #71

@cemblack On a piece of paper draw a calculator-like layout and assign your factories to the "keys." The ordering is important when it comes to making needed items. You may want to use cutouts for the factories so you can reposition/simulate easily. See OP for the order I came up with starting with Bouquet Factory and following the paths to (in order) Asian, Mexican, Grill, Tea, Italian, Hot Dog, Coffee, Fast Food, Snack, Pastry, Bakery, Beverage, Ice Cream, Candy, Dairy, Sugar, Tailor Shop, Textile, Plastics, Shoe, Rubber, Music, Perfume, Kitchenware, Festive, Doll, Jewelry Store, Paper, Furniture, and Down Feather. I average anywhere from two to "umpteen" sweeps a day depending on what Playrix is throwing at me. (HTH)
Back to top Go down

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 16:47 #72

@cemblack   Most of everybody's factories are  all in 1 area lined up or in squares. But here are a few, 
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Screen66NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Screen65

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Screen68
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Screen67

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Screen70
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 Screen69
  I'm sorry 1 of them got put in twice, I don't know how to delete just 1 picture after they have been uploaded w/out starting back over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 16:52 #73

@Michelle wrote:
I'm sorry 1 of them got put in twice, I don't know how to delete just 1 picture after they have been uploaded w/out starting back over.

Just delete the image as if it were a text character. (You can also highlight two or more sequential images and delete them.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 17:08 #74

@Mic Miller    Oh, I so wish I could visit your town(s), all of them, any of them. I love the idea of drawing actual blueprints. (sort of). I was thinking that was what edit mode was for.  Silly me. That might not work for me because I would expect everything to be just perfect and I'd probably spend at least as much time erasing as I did drawing if not more. That and I've got a group of factories over here and a line over there ; a couple here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 17:14 #75

THANK  YOU   That will help out so much!!!   You have no idea how many times I've had to delete ALL the pictures just to remove just 1 and redo the entire post.    cheering yay
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 17:28 #76

@Michelle wrote:
@Mic Miller    Oh, I so wish I could visit your town(s), all of them, any of them. I love the idea of drawing actual blueprints. (sort of). I was thinking that was what edit mode was for.  Silly me. That might not work for me because I would expect everything to be just perfect and I'd probably spend at least as much time erasing as I did drawing if not more. That and I've got a group of factories over here and a line over there ; a couple here.

Search for my co-op (#HE96YF) and your will be able to select which of my towns you would like to visit. (Sunny belongs to my co-op mate.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next