Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Opting out
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Yesterday at 22:42

» Town Visits
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Yesterday at 22:20

» Regatta theme - Primeval - upcoming
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Yesterday at 20:41

» The UTF Music Playlist
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Yesterday at 20:10

» Two-year milestone gifts
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby EWoolf Yesterday at 18:39

» Ruler of the Mine 5.10.21)
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Mike Yesterday at 12:38

» Songs of Township
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Yesterday at 0:02

» Golden Ticket (Splats, Town Fair and Pirate Seeds!!!)
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sun 9 May 2021 - 21:46

» Say Hello!
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 9 May 2021 - 18:38

» Mic's Table
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Sun 9 May 2021 - 14:34

» Need for seeds 5/17
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sun 9 May 2021 - 12:47

» Prize Wheel
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Sun 9 May 2021 - 2:13

» Township Wiki
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 8 May 2021 - 6:11

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Fri 7 May 2021 - 14:04

» Great freight 5/5
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Mike Fri 7 May 2021 - 11:39

» Character / Customer names - what are they ?
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 7 May 2021 - 10:05

» Township Recipe Book by T&B
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 6 May 2021 - 18:33

» Extremely Risky Info - - be most cautious! Use at your own discretion!
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Thu 6 May 2021 - 18:08

» To solo or not to solo?
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 6 May 2021 - 8:43

» How many here play on Windows?
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Wed 5 May 2021 - 14:20

» Update coming?
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Wed 5 May 2021 - 13:55

» Buccaneer Event Suggestions
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Willow Mist Wed 5 May 2021 - 1:42

» Regatta gold level
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Mon 3 May 2021 - 17:37

» Buccaneer - town level 23 - cream and syrup tasks
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 3 May 2021 - 8:12

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!

Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Light of the World~Emily

Mod
Light of the World~Emily
Mod

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 Empty
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2021 - 21:13 #1

First topic message reminder :

Hello, all!  I'm working on making a fun "decor blog" that will help you all work more and more beauty into your towns!  I'm all about combining a functional town and a beautiful town, and I've come across a few designs and ideas over my years of playing that I'd like to share in a way that will allow you to draw from it in making your own "perfect town."  But as I go through the brainstorming process and the idea-gathering process, I've found I need your input.

What would you most like to see in a decor blog?  Would you rather see functional decorations, such as ways to arrange your fields and factories to be both beautiful and useful, or would you rather see "fun" decorations like animals or geometric designs that just look cool?  Are you most interested in high-level decorations that show off your wealth or are you more interested in making your town beautiful on a shoestring?  Also, what approximate level decorations are you looking for?  For instance, level 50+? 100+?  Zoo animals unlocked?

Whatever you choose in your response as to what you most want to see, I will take into consideration as I try to plan out a series of decoration tutorials.  And I will try also to include a variety of tutorials for all levels and interests!

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE do me a HUGE favor and as you're playing the game, if you see in a friend's town or someone you find on a leaderboard something you really think you'd love to see a tutorial on, SEND THE PICTURE TO ME!!!  I'm really trying to build myself a decent-sized base of decoration ideas before I start the blog so that I don't run out of steam a few weeks in.  Your screenshots will be of invaluable assistance to me.

So, go at it!  Tell me what you want to see.  Very Happy   I await your responses.
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls, Hope1982, Arial Heights, Neighbor Jane, BKNBLK13, Chorilandia, Sunshine and Rainbows and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile
AuthorMessage

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2021 - 17:49 #39

I like the way this person had this area set up.

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 Screen47
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2021 - 17:55 #40

@Light of the World~Emily  

Please note that the pics I've posted (that aren't mine) are from towns that I've visited to help out, (red exclamation point), So I don't know if they would object to the use of pictures of their towns. I only posted for inspiration to myself and maybe others.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Light of the World~Emily

Mod
Light of the World~Emily
Mod

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Apr 2021 - 18:36 #41

No problem @Michelle.  I'll never use their pictures, if I use the decor ideas I'll recreate them in my own town.
Back to top Go down

Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

just4fun

Active
just4fun
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2021 - 7:53 #42

speaking of the orange buildings, my current design vignette plus my TS chessboard 'in pairs.'NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 20210411
Back to top Go down

Arial Heights, BKNBLK13, Chorilandia, Andwina, cemblack, Michelle and Kevsville Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2021 - 13:13 #43

@just4fun  I love that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just4fun

Active
just4fun
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Apr 2021 - 21:32 #44

@Michelle wrote:
@just4fun  I love that.
 thank you Smile  flower
Back to top Go down

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2021 - 2:02 #45

I rearranged a few things.  
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 Screen54
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 Screen55
Back to top Go down

Hope1982 and BKNBLK13 Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2021 - 2:42 #46

I had empty space I wasn't using (yet); So I hope my smiley face brings a smile to others.

@Mayfield  since I was rearranging a few things I separated the 2 orange castles.  

I bought the cascade fountain and put it somewhere in my town, now I can't find it.  This happens every time I move stuff around.  I forget where I put it.  We also need some tropical flowers to go with my little island dancers.  

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 Screen58
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 and just4fun Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

cemblack

Active
cemblack
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2021 - 5:09 #47

I adapted a farming layout I found. I can provide the source if required. I've tried putting the images in one, hope you can see it okay.

My town design is on the right.

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 Farmin10
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13, Michelle and just4fun Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2021 - 6:16 #48

@Mayfield   Lol I just noticed that when I commented on my  new placement of the orange castles, I neglected to add a picture. OOPS! 
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 Screen59
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2021 - 13:49 #49

Interesting.  You opted to separate them.  Thanks for the pic.  I did add some redwoods to mine after seeing your earlier pictures.  I think they are the only trees tall enough to help.
Back to top Go down

Michelle Agrees with this post

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2021 - 16:49 #50

@Mayfield wrote:
Interesting.  You opted to separate them.  Thanks for the pic.  I did add some redwoods to mine after seeing your earlier pictures.  I think they are the only trees tall enough to help.
 I wish I could visit your town. (NOT through FB and codes won't work)

I just recently discovered that I have 2 more of those orange dwellings to build, as well as a couple of other houses. I thought I was up to waiting for level 86 plus more CB's. I'm on level 84 now. I'm fine waiting, I really can't afford to build anything. I'm almost broke now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2021 - 20:22 #51

My town isn’t especially lovely. I haven't done any 3D effects nor used trees or flowers to make pictures, nor made any fanciful designs using 30 of the same fountain and 60 purple trees, or any of the other things that make me think Wow! when I visit other towns. That’s way too many coins for me. All I’ve done is try to make it look like a real town where people might actually live and get about from place to place.
Back to top Go down

just4fun Thinks this post is Awesome

Michelle Agrees with this post

View user profile

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 May 2021 - 23:16 #52

My new pirate decoration!

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 381a0d10
Back to top Go down

Mic Miller, BKNBLK13 and just4fun Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 0:21 #53

@Mayfield   That's mostly what my goal is; a town where people might actually live;  at least eventually. Or some semblance of a town anyway. That's why I have my factories all over the (most of them). I really can't do much until I buy more land. LOTS AND LOTS OF LAND!  I think I still have over half left to go.  Or more.   I don't know

There are obvious exceptions  But for now this will do. Until I rearrange again and forget where I put stuff.  Oh yeah, No fancy 3D stuff or pyramids or whatever in my town either. Pics I've posted of areas of mine are what you see is what you get.  The other ones are from other towns, which I pointed out out at the time. If it was mine or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 0:30 #54

I even obsess over things like not putting factories next to residential housing.  I try to separate them with retail or things like the library or movie theater in between.  My current project is to space my factories out to make the industrial area look less crowded.  That’s push8ng the housing farther and farther to the right, even over the river.  I’m running into problems because some of my blocks are 2 squares wide and some are three. I’m getting some funny off-set intersections now.
Back to top Go down

View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 0:38 #55

@Chorilandia wrote:
My new pirate decoration!

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 381a0d10

That looks terrific.

We do get a lot of jungle decor, don’t we? I never thought of the thatched jungle decor as Pirate, but they work here, as they could be Caribbean native structures.
Back to top Go down

just4fun Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

just4fun

Active
just4fun
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 0:44 #56

nods... I love a less crowded environment. when I started land expansion, it was practical... things I needed to access for function to left, decor to the right, and have maintained that much.  I expanded up and tried to leave open unexpanded huge wild land center right, as if a huge  wildlife reserve until pressed for space, and now wait for every extra parcel. finally moved a lot into storage and removed many roads. I like open space and waterways.  my design has leaned into vignette clusters. my entryway changes seasonally or with events decor.

my current entryway is summery watery oasis with my 2 favs; waterfall ride and hanging gardens.

edit to add pic

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 20210514

Last edited by just4fun on Wed 5 May 2021 - 0:52; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13, Chorilandia and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

cemblack

Active
cemblack
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 May 2021 - 0:49 #57

I've found the dirt too harsh around my farm buildings so I have now gone with sand. It also may show the heart shape a bit more.

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 3 Farms_10
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 and just4fun Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next