Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Today at 14:38

» The UTF Music Playlist
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Today at 8:28

» Songs of Township
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Yesterday at 22:36

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Yesterday at 14:39

» Township Wiki
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 14:11

» How many here play on Windows?
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elby714 Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 0:36

» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 24 Jul 2021 - 17:58

» Buying Market Baskets
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 15:33

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:52

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby A_Jarvis Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 17:52

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 0:09

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:04

» Image for The Great Gatsby/Golden Ticket
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 15:49

» Um...Is My Signature Showing Up?
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 14:43

» Disappearing crops
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 0:04

» Recent Change to Township Wiki
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Mon 19 Jul 2021 - 10:57

» Top Contributor
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 17 Jul 2021 - 19:00

» HELPER requested / OFFERING help / GP tcash Accumulators Message Board!
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 19:01

» Co-Op Ads
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Wakanda Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 15:10

» Fire in the river!
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Bobcat Paradise Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 2:15

» PC update out
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Thu 15 Jul 2021 - 22:44

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 13:28

» Don't build the zoo=5TC in place of cards
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Mon 12 Jul 2021 - 3:51

» What is the correct forum to post Co-Op advertisements
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sat 10 Jul 2021 - 8:17

New topics
» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 17:59

» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 14:10

» Buying Market Baskets
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Thu 22 Jul 2021 - 22:02

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:52

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:07

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:04

» Um...Is My Signature Showing Up?
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 1:51

» Image for The Great Gatsby/Golden Ticket
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Mon 19 Jul 2021 - 15:25

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!

Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Light of the World~Emily

Mod
Light of the World~Emily
Mod

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 Empty
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Apr 2021 - 21:13 #1

First topic message reminder :

Hello, all!  I'm working on making a fun "decor blog" that will help you all work more and more beauty into your towns!  I'm all about combining a functional town and a beautiful town, and I've come across a few designs and ideas over my years of playing that I'd like to share in a way that will allow you to draw from it in making your own "perfect town."  But as I go through the brainstorming process and the idea-gathering process, I've found I need your input.

What would you most like to see in a decor blog?  Would you rather see functional decorations, such as ways to arrange your fields and factories to be both beautiful and useful, or would you rather see "fun" decorations like animals or geometric designs that just look cool?  Are you most interested in high-level decorations that show off your wealth or are you more interested in making your town beautiful on a shoestring?  Also, what approximate level decorations are you looking for?  For instance, level 50+? 100+?  Zoo animals unlocked?

Whatever you choose in your response as to what you most want to see, I will take into consideration as I try to plan out a series of decoration tutorials.  And I will try also to include a variety of tutorials for all levels and interests!

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE do me a HUGE favor and as you're playing the game, if you see in a friend's town or someone you find on a leaderboard something you really think you'd love to see a tutorial on, SEND THE PICTURE TO ME!!!  I'm really trying to build myself a decent-sized base of decoration ideas before I start the blog so that I don't run out of steam a few weeks in.  Your screenshots will be of invaluable assistance to me.

So, go at it!  Tell me what you want to see.  Very Happy   I await your responses.
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls, Hope1982, Arial Heights, Neighbor Jane, BKNBLK13, Chorilandia, Sunshine and Rainbows and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile
AuthorMessage

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2021 - 23:45 #20

I did a bit of rearranging; I also added a simple entry-way. 

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 Screen30
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 Screen31
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile Online

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Apr 2021 - 23:54 #21

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 Screen35
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 Screen34
Back to top Go down

Hope1982 and BKNBLK13 Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile Online

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2021 - 0:01 #22

Here's a better shot of that one area, I hope it looks okay.

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 Screen36
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile Online

just4fun

Active
just4fun
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2021 - 5:27 #23

@Michelle ~all very nice. love the simple entry, and the alternating flowers, beautiful.
Back to top Go down

Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

BKNBLK13 Agrees with this post

View user profile

Light of the World~Emily

Mod
Light of the World~Emily
Mod

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2021 - 13:52 #24

@Michelle I am loving your ideas!  Your town seems to be keeping everything spread out and not crammed into a corner, which I admire.  And you have made very good use of some of the seasonal decorations, which I usually struggle to make blend in since they're often a slightly different style than the rest of the decos.  Your color tastes are wonderful as well!

I should get the pilot blog out Monday.  I got a bad bug of some sort last week which wiped me out, and I'm engaged in that lovely game of "catch-up" this week.  But the blog is almost done.
Back to top Go down

Arial Heights, BKNBLK13 and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Apr 2021 - 16:59 #25

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Sunshine City

Sunshine City

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2021 - 15:29 #26

I like my little town to feel like a real big town. So decorations that help that are always welcome. I also want my town to be fun.
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Sunshine City

Sunshine City

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2021 - 15:37 #27

Oops, guess I gotta get the photos posted also.
I like my little town to feel like a real big town. So decorations that help that are always welcome. I also want my town to be fun.
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 1f77a810
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 3f18ca10NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 18133210
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Sunshine City

Sunshine City

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2021 - 15:43 #28

Emily, my first photo posting a flop. I cannot figure out how to delete the 9 photos that are like the first 3. Can you possibly fix my post to just show the 3 pictures please?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Light of the World~Emily

Mod
Light of the World~Emily
Mod

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Apr 2021 - 17:13 #29

@Sunshine City wrote:
Emily, my first photo posting a flop. I cannot figure out how to delete the 9 photos that are like the first 3. Can you possibly fix my post to just show the 3 pictures please?

No problem, done!  ;D

I love what you've done with it!  It's very special and does get that "big town" feel.  And whenever I see those little valentine's bears in someone's town they make me smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hope1982

Hope1982

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2021 - 4:49 #30

Id love to help with any inspiration I can. There's so much to show in my town and zoo... both designed to be as realistic and functional as a town design could go with what we are provided. Just not sure, silly question, but is it safe to post my friend code here?... So you can view my design, if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hope1982

Hope1982

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2021 - 5:01 #31

As far as what issues i ran into when I was in the early stages of designing my town, the biggest issue was layout. I spent hours looking online at actual town layouts, aerial views of street layouts, you name it. My saving grace was I made an "anchor zone" (my town hall area aka the village of...) and built off of that anchor. Same with my zoo. Same anchor design but with a castle in place of town hall. Also, another gift you could provide on your blog, demonstrate examples of the ability to hide decor by layering with trees, etc.
Back to top Go down

Arial Heights, BKNBLK13 and Michelle Agrees with this post

View user profile

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2021 - 7:43 #32

@Hope1982 wrote:
Id love to help with any inspiration I can. There's so much to show in my town and zoo... both designed to be as realistic and functional as a town design could go with what we are provided. Just not sure, silly question, but is it safe to post my friend code here?... So you can view my design, if you're interested.

@Hope1982

If you prefer not to post your friend code, post your coop code and the name of your town. This way Emily will also be able to find your city and view your decos! thumbs
Back to top Go down

Arial Heights, Light of the World~Emily, BKNBLK13 and Michelle Agrees with this post

View user profile

Hope1982

Hope1982

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2021 - 15:37 #33

Great! My co-op is #RCGGPE , my town is Stantonville
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2021 - 17:07 #34

@Hope1982 wrote:
Great! My co-op is #RCGGPE , my town is Stantonville

I have visited your town and is very, very beautiful. NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 1387370039
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2021 - 18:36 #35

I'd love to be able to see these towns, unfortunately ios/android tags, or town names or co-op names don't work with windows players. I don't know if I have to sign in thru FB to see them. If that's the case I will just have to stick with a few pictures here and there that people posted. 

@Sunshine City  I love that little play area with the lion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online

Hope1982

Hope1982

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 18 Apr 2021 - 18:47 #36

Thanks so much! I hope I can help as much as you all here and on our "old forum" have provided over the years. 😊
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2021 - 0:09 #37

That’s a great solution. The chessboard pulls the eye away from the orange roofs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Apr 2021 - 16:02 #38

Here are a few more pics from other towns that I found reasonably interesting. I'm sorry that 1 is a repeat; I don't know how to delete just 1 picture.

NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 Screen42NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 Screen41NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 Screen43NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 Screen44NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 Screen45NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!!  NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!! - Page 2 Screen46
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next