Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Delay in the regatta
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Today at 6:21

» COVID-Let’s talk about it!
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Yesterday at 22:51

» Msg to Members feature in Co-Op
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Yesterday at 16:49

» Another Update
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Yesterday at 14:11

» Top Contributor
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 3:34

» Township Funnies!
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 14:49

» The UTF Music Playlist
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 10:43

» The UTF Comedy Sketch Corner
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 19:33

» Regatta 135 point Task Charts
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Fri 17 Sep 2021 - 18:13

» Songs of Township
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 22:17

» Factory Regatta Tasks & Factory Upgrades
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 20:57

» Day at the Beach tasks
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 17:56

» Playing the market
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 8:45

» Co-Op Ads
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Nerico Sat 11 Sep 2021 - 23:45

» Questions about Community buildings
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 11 Sep 2021 - 18:27

» Say Hello!
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 6 Sep 2021 - 10:45

» Mic's Table
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sun 5 Sep 2021 - 11:37

» Next Regatta Season
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 10:22

» Post pictures of your town to be shown on our Twitter & Instagram page! :)
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 4:53

» PC update out
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby NonaBelle Wed 1 Sep 2021 - 3:11

» Ernie is back at the Helipad
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 19:04

» Quotes Do you have any quotes that identifies you?
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 18:18

» Weird decoration - looks like a hut with a light beacon
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 11:59

» T&B Race of Champions Prep Chart 2021
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 10:28

New topics
» Msg to Members feature in Co-Op
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Yesterday at 16:12

» COVID-Let’s talk about it!
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Gracie Yesterday at 14:18

» Delay in the regatta
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 12:29

» Another Update
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 22:54

» Regatta 135 point Task Charts
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 20:10

» Playing the market
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Tue 14 Sep 2021 - 15:38

» Day at the Beach tasks
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Finch's Landin Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 6:12

» Questions about Community buildings
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby catlover88 Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 1:25

If You Could Only Choose Five.....

Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Rainglaze

Active
Rainglaze
Active

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 Empty
If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb 2021 - 10:46 #1

First topic message reminder :

If you had to choose five food items from your Township factories and they would be the only things you could eat for an entire month, which would you choose? Plastic bottles filled with fresh water are already provided. Thats a freebie. Haha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuthorMessage

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2021 - 21:26 #20

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 A53a7710
Back to top Go down

Rainglaze, Lil Bear and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Lil Bear

TC
Lil Bear
TC

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2021 - 21:39 #21

@Michelle wrote:
@Lil Bear  Just out of curiosity, Do you slice your taters (Hoosier Fries),  do a small dice or shredded (hash browns) when you fry them?  I do mine the same way every time. We don't have a deep fryer; it's in a box some where, unless I threw it out?   IDK.  No use for it. 

btw, I'm on level 78 almost to 79. So I won't be to 92 for another minute or so.

I do not deep fry anything (steak fries as you call them), but I did when I was younger and stomach did not want to blow up my throat (acid reflux) back then.  I still pan "fry" or make skillet browned potatoes as you call them.  I live in Northern Europe and we have a different concept of taters somehow.    Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Lil Bear

TC
Lil Bear
TC

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2021 - 21:42 #22

@Chorilandia wrote:

I live in a tiny village and such things are not here yet...  We do have two pizza places, a Thai place and maybe kebabs or something, but no deliveries.  Oh, the ice cream truck does come to the neighbourhoods in the summer!  dancing banana
Back to top Go down

Chorilandia and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2021 - 23:09 #23

@Lil Bear wrote:
@Chorilandia wrote:

I live in a tiny village and such things are not here yet...  We do have two pizza places, a Thai place and maybe kebabs or something, but no deliveries.  Oh, the ice cream truck does come to the neighbourhoods in the summer!  dancing banana

So, you already have an idea to start a new business project. dancing banana
Finland, Norway?

PS: My January 2021 vacation would have been in Iceland... I'm still crying because I couldn't go because of the pandemic.

Last edited by Chorilandia on Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 3:04; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2021 - 1:16 #24

I never deep fry anything either. Hoosier Fries and Steak Fries are 2 different things. Hoosier fries are slices with sliced onions while steak fries are more like fat/thick French fries or some would say potato wedge is the same. I use as little oil(fat)as I possibly can. When I'm making hash browns I bake the potato the night before. The next day I peel and shred it (them). Baking the night before makes the hash browns crispy and tender and separate; also evenly browned  instead of a clumpy mess.  I also never S & P until they are almost done. 

Btw- Hoosier Fries is an Indiana term. Where I'm from (still here)
Back to top Go down

Neighbor Jane and Rainglaze Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Lil Bear

TC
Lil Bear
TC

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2021 - 9:51 #25

@Chorilandia wrote:
So, you already have an idea to start a new business project. dancing banana
Finland, Norway?

PS: My January 2021 vacation would have been in Iceland...  I'm still crying because I couldn't go because of the pandemic.

Too old to worry about money now...pension will have to suffice for the duration...  SW coast of Norway, yes.
Back to top Go down

Chorilandia Agrees with this post

View user profile

Lil Bear

TC
Lil Bear
TC

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2021 - 10:02 #26

@Michelle wrote:
I never deep fry anything either. Hoosier Fries and Steak Fries are 2 different things. Hoosier fries are slices with sliced onions while steak fries are more like fat/thick French fries or some would say potato wedge is the same. I use as little oil(fat)as I possibly can. When I'm making hash browns I bake the potato the night before. The next day I peel and shred it (them). Baking the night before makes the hash browns crispy and tender and separate; also evenly browned  instead of a clumpy mess.  I also never S & P until they are almost done. 

Btw- Hoosier Fries is an Indiana term. Where I'm from (still here)

Potatoes and onions go together better in my mind.  Never had Hoosier Fries then.  I just brown the spuds in extra virgin olive oil after having washed them, but not peeled them.  I do this with diced red onions (or yellow ones if that is all I have) and it does take some time to get them all crispy...  I like the onions all brown, but not burnt to a crisp so I add them about halfway through the browning process...  Other root veggies can be added to this mixture, but you have to take into account their browning stages and add things at the correct time.  Swedes/neeps, parsnips and celeriac are common from the old days to add.  I do add mushrooms if I have them...
Back to top Go down

Rainglaze Thinks this post is Awesome

Michelle Agrees with this post

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2021 - 14:50 #27

@Lil Bear  I add my onions about 1/2 way thru also so they don't burn.  I don't usually add anything else except maybe a bell pepper if I'm doing diced potatoes cut "brunoise" in which case I'm probably making breakfast burritos. We should be able to add those (breakfast burritos]  to our lists of 5 items; although I suspect we would have to substitute bacon for the sausage. But we have everything else- eggs (scrambled separately of course), taters, onions, those red peppers we use in the Mex. Rstrnt, mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach would be nice.  Egg mess in tortilla. Perfect for camping or feeding  a group of hungry people.  Burritos or biscuits and gravy. Add hot sauce  and we're good to go. If I remember, I add salsa to the burrito mixture for a tiny-bit of heat. I make the burritos different almost every time depending on what I have on hand. It's good way to use up some extras.  I wonder if we could add eggs to the burritos in the Mex. place. or swap out cheese for eggs? There are so many things I could make with what we have in our towns. We'd have to take some animals in for fabrication though. We should have steak, and BBQ ribs,  a few chicken dishes, ham and tater soup, casseroles, stir fry, I could go on and on. 

Obviously I have gotten off track on the 5 only list.  I'm sorry. I'll stop.  Can you tell I sort of like to cook a little bit?  Somewhat.  Lol.
Back to top Go down

Lil Bear Agrees with this post

View user profile

Rainglaze

Active
Rainglaze
Active

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar 2021 - 1:51 #28

Love your cooking style. You're making me hungry, Michelle! 😋
Back to top Go down

Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Neighbor Jane

Neighbor Jane

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Mar 2021 - 22:40 #29

Black tea and chocolate for sure, then I had to make a list and get it down to 5.  I do not eat pork pig ; so could live on sea salad, lobster omelet and bruschetta.  It was difficult to eliminate the vitamin cocktail, but I figure the salad vegetables and tomato on bruschetta, so that should cover my vegetables.
Back to top Go down

Rainglaze and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

shiva1978

shiva1978

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Mar 2021 - 0:36 #30

Milk -- Can make home made yogurt, cheese (paneer, mozzarella, burrata)  and add to coffee  (without the factory Very Happy)
Coffee
Bread -- can use mozzarella, burrata for sandwiches
Fries -- just cause .. smother them with the mozzarella Smile
Mushroom Salad -- I can repurpose ingredients for other things

btw -- Vegetarian restriction -- hence no meat
Back to top Go down

Rainglaze Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

DrMorbius

DrMorbius

If You Could Only Choose Five..... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 May 2021 - 11:13 #31

Milk - as Shiva said, can use it to make other stuff
Bread - the staff of life
Eggs - most flexible protein there is, and you need protein
Bananas - very nutritious fruit
Carrots - good source of vitamins
Back to top Go down

Michelle and Vicki Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile
If You Could Only Choose Five.....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2