Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Delay in the regatta
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Yesterday at 22:59

» COVID-Let’s talk about it!
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Yesterday at 22:51

» Msg to Members feature in Co-Op
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Yesterday at 16:49

» Another Update
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Yesterday at 14:11

» Top Contributor
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 3:34

» Township Funnies!
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 14:49

» The UTF Music Playlist
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 10:43

» The UTF Comedy Sketch Corner
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 19:33

» Regatta 135 point Task Charts
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Fri 17 Sep 2021 - 18:13

» Songs of Township
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 22:17

» Factory Regatta Tasks & Factory Upgrades
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 20:57

» Day at the Beach tasks
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 17:56

» Playing the market
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 8:45

» Co-Op Ads
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Nerico Sat 11 Sep 2021 - 23:45

» Questions about Community buildings
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 11 Sep 2021 - 18:27

» Say Hello!
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 6 Sep 2021 - 10:45

» Mic's Table
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sun 5 Sep 2021 - 11:37

» Next Regatta Season
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 10:22

» Post pictures of your town to be shown on our Twitter & Instagram page! :)
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 4:53

» PC update out
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby NonaBelle Wed 1 Sep 2021 - 3:11

» Ernie is back at the Helipad
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 19:04

» Quotes Do you have any quotes that identifies you?
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 18:18

» Weird decoration - looks like a hut with a light beacon
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 11:59

» T&B Race of Champions Prep Chart 2021
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 10:28

New topics
» Msg to Members feature in Co-Op
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Yesterday at 16:12

» COVID-Let’s talk about it!
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Gracie Yesterday at 14:18

» Delay in the regatta
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 12:29

» Another Update
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 22:54

» Regatta 135 point Task Charts
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 20:10

» Playing the market
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Tue 14 Sep 2021 - 15:38

» Day at the Beach tasks
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby Finch's Landin Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 6:12

» Questions about Community buildings
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeby catlover88 Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 1:25

My last regatta

Go down
AuthorMessage

Sadly Broke

Sadly Broke

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2021 - 9:41 #1

I can no longer justify wasting so much game time on the regatta as it’s been ruined by Playrix tinkering with the algorithms that give 135 point tasks.

I’m a solo racer in the gold league which even with delayed starts of a few days can still be ultra-competitive as one will occasionally come up against top 100 players, or co-ops of many opted-out players who play, supporting the single player from their group who is racing.

But Playrix have ruined it this season, to quickly do 16 *135 tasks without spending tcash I’d usually have to dump 200-250 tasks. This season it’s over 500 each week, last week was 700.

This morning I’ve dumped 60 tasks straight through, there were 7 135 tasks in those and the “fastest” was to send 4 planes. All the others were filling 41 plane crates.

I’m done with this malarkey and shenanigans. I won’t spend real money any more to get 135 point tasks so my interest in racing is over and done. It’s not as if the rewards were that great anyway as scoring 2160 points would only get 5 prize crates when solo whereas I’d get 9 for the same effort in a larger co-op.
Back to top Go down

AlexisSookie, Neighbor Jane, SweetTater, Nerico and Lil Bear Agrees with this post

View user profile

Lil Bear

TC
Lil Bear
TC

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2021 - 10:36 #2

@Sadly Broke wrote:
I can no longer justify wasting so much game time on the regatta as it’s been ruined by Playrix tinkering with the algorithms that give 135 point tasks.

I’m done with this malarkey and shenanigans. I won’t spend real money any more to get 135 point tasks so my interest in racing is over and done.

650 deletes so far (3 racers) and we are not done yet - - which is saying something as we normally finish in 12h.  Just way too many aeroplane crates and boxcar tasks which take absolutely forever as requests from friends are falling off these days and Verne "help tasks" do not help matters.  This is the last week of this...  We are all taking a break next week!  None of us see the point in 100 tcash for using several boosters and we are just fed up basically.  Looking for a new home for something new???  We need one more racer to get a foursome so as to get all chests...
Back to top Go down

SweetTater Thinks this post is Awesome

BlueSkyTown and Chorilandia Agrees with this post

View user profile

dnana1

TC
dnana1
TC

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2021 - 17:41 #3

The regatta is a good way to keep goods moving thru your barn, isnt it better to just drop back to a lower league and play for grins and goodies with no stress than it is to quit?  If you opt out, it will automatically start dropping you back anyway, take a break for a couple weeks and come back in steel and have fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2021 - 17:50 #4

@dnana1 wrote:
The regatta is a good way to keep goods moving thru your barn, isnt it better to just drop back to a lower league and play for grins and goodies with no stress than it is to quit?  If you opt out, it will automatically start dropping you back anyway, take a break for a couple weeks and come back in steel and have fun.

@dnana1
The week before, for reasons already known, my coop decided not to play the regatta (1st time in 3 years!!) and we were automatically demoted to the silver league.
This week we played in this league, and I can tell you that the stress was the same. This was an awful regatta! Whatever
Back to top Go down

Neighbor Jane and Lil Bear Agrees with this post

View user profile

Stella Eaton

Active
Stella Eaton
Active

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2021 - 18:56 #5

I agree that this regatta has been awful, two of us took a break for a week whilst one brave co op member struggled on alone. Back again for the final week and very glad it’s over! The 135 tasks were hard to come by and filling crates, when everyone else was,  was painful! 
So glad it’s over.
Back to top Go down

Darkwood PC and Lil Bear Agrees with this post

View user profile

dnana1

TC
dnana1
TC

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb 2021 - 20:32 #6

@Chorilandia wrote:
@dnana1 wrote:

@dnana1
The week before, for reasons already known, my coop decided not to play the regatta (1st time in 3 years!!) and we were automatically demoted to the silver league.
This week we played in this league, and I can tell you that the stress was the same. This was an awful regatta! Whatever

My 2 top players and I left our co-op 6 weeks ago and started a new one.  We 3 do all 135's and dump like mad, things we could never do in the other.  We moved up every week and got to gold last week, and we are in 2nd this week, so far.  We hadn't been in gold for at least 2 years with our other co-op so we just wanted to have fun doing tasks and not feel like our work was wasted.  We realized last week that if we don't get in first on the 1st day, we won't get there, and we're ok with that.  We are boosting our towns with our choices, not just doing any 135 that pops up, and we are finding plenty to do with no stress.  The regatta is a game booster for us, not something we have to win, makes it a lot more fun.  Smile
Back to top Go down

cemblack Thinks this post is Awesome

Darkwood PC, douglasnorth, Chorilandia and Sadly Broke Agrees with this post

View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar 2021 - 18:42 #7

I've noticed this as well. I'm a solo racer. I spent far more time dumping than I used to and I'm realizing it isn't worth it. Sometimes I play around and switch things up just to see what happens. I stopped racing and dropped all the way down to wooden league. I think it is more fun and less competitive to race there. I win won week, collect the prizes, and throw the next week on purpose to be back at the bottom. It also helps to enter ROC in a very low league. I've won 1st or 2nd without much effort for several ROCs with this strategy. If you don't care about being Gold, maybe you could change things up and still win some good gifts along the way.
Back to top Go down

dnana1 and Chorilandia Agrees with this post

View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2021 - 4:53 #8

The advantages of racing in gold have really diminished for me. 

If you don’t race in gold you get fewer chests at the end, but those rewards aren’t very thrilling anymore.  I don’t know if it’s because they have reduced what they give or if it’s just that after we’ve played long enough to finish the cbs and expansions, rewards like slabs and axes not very thrilling.  I will sometimes get hammers (wanted) and the last two lab events, the rewards included the item the lab event asked us to collect (bricks this time), so they are sometimes useful.  But after a point, we already have enough that even coins or ingots lose their thrill.  

For me, the main reason to want to race in gold was to get the gold league only Yacht Club decoration.  But it seems like a long time since there was a new decoration there I wanted and didn’t  already have.

So, yeah, apart from competing for the challenge of competing, I can see why dropping to an easier league would be worth trying.  But if you still spend all day dumping tasks, waiting for decent ones, then it doesn’t seem much more fun, except that you’re done after fewer tasks.   Maybe going for tasks under 135 is the secret to making regatta fun again.
Back to top Go down

Neighbor Jane Agrees with this post

View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2021 - 16:45 #9

@Mayfield - I agree, my only remaining reason for racing is a deco (and there haven't been any new ones) or to get enough yacht club points to buy a booster. When I drop into the bottom leagues on purpose I've found I can enter on the last day and do all my tasks in a few hours if I specifically don't wait for the 135s. I've placed first by doing this which gave me a booster as a reward. Much better than chests.
Back to top Go down

dnana1 Agrees with this post

View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar 2021 - 18:15 #10

Lately, the Yacht Club hasn’t even been offering good boosters, just more of the ones I almost never use and already have lots. I have no need for bigger or more frequent chat requests, nor 80% faster copter orders, nor more flashlights, nor Raja buys. I know they have uses, but I tend to only use boosters when I’m racing, and if I’m racing I typically use the three booster spots for double (and sometimes faster) crops, double animals, and sometimes faster factory. I never take train or plane tasks, so have no use for faster planes or trains, nor double plane coins. Maybe next time the Professor can give us a perk that allows 4 or 5 boosters at once.
Back to top Go down

Stella Eaton and Nerico Agrees with this post

View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2021 - 6:06 #11

@Mayfield wrote:
... I tend to only use boosters when I’m racing, and if I’m racing I typically use the three booster spots for double (and sometimes faster) crops, double animals, and sometimes faster factory.  I never take train or plane tasks, so have no use for faster planes or trains, nor double plane coins.  Maybe next time the Professor can give us a perk that allows 4 or 5 boosters at once.

Look, look!  They granted my wish!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Bobcat Paradise

Bobcat Paradise

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2021 - 11:14 #12

@Mayfield wrote:
@Mayfield wrote:
... I tend to only use boosters when I’m racing, and if I’m racing I typically use the three booster spots for double (and sometimes faster) crops, double animals, and sometimes faster factory.  I never take train or plane tasks, so have no use for faster planes or trains, nor double plane coins.  Maybe next time the Professor can give us a perk that allows 4 or 5 boosters at once.

Look, look!  They granted my wish!
That's good if you have a need for it for the time thats left after you reach that achievement. I hope you can make good use of it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2021 - 19:25 #13

It’s the Quantum Leap perk (up to 4 boosters at once).  It comes pretty early, but it’s a Gold Pass only benefit.
Back to top Go down

dnana1 Agrees with this post

View user profile

Neighbor Jane

Neighbor Jane

My last regatta Empty
My last regatta I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Mar 2021 - 22:07 #14

My sister and I used to race together -- each taking 1 week then off the next.  She dropped out so I am racing solo.  I came in 1st 2 of the last 4 times spending less than 100 tcash, using the speedy manufacturing and 1 other booster each time.  I dump, dump, dump.  If someone is really aggressive I do not want to mess up my stats so I lay off the game until the next day and finish 4th.   The lack of 135s is very frustrating but even more frustrating are plane, train and 15-hour grow tasks that would take up nearly all the plots.  I complained to Playrix thru the game when I was spending lots, but never got anywhere.  They need to change the algorithm and put some fresh ideas on quicker 135 tasks.  How about helping in any way instead of specifically train and plane crates?  Quick grow items, more helicopters, more feeding animals (with fewer animals to feed for 135), more mining, more house of luck.  I am convinced no one on the development team even plays this game.  If they did they would see what needs to be done and we would not have to keep telling them and getting nowhere.
Back to top Go down

Lil Bear and Sadly Broke Agrees with this post

View user profile
My last regatta
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Township Forum :: ~Regatta and Co-ops~ :: Seasonal Regatta and Co-op Discussions-
Jump to: