Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Food, Hobbies, anything else off-topic!
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Today at 4:39

» Songs of Township
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Yesterday at 22:35

» Delayed Start ROC
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Yesterday at 21:46

» Next Regatta Season
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 20:15

» Lucky Coupon, June 19, 2021
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 20:03

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 11:10

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 3:44

» RoC FAQ by T&B and the Leaders of Township /June 15-21
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Arial Heights Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 0:22

» The UTF Music Playlist
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Arial Heights Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 0:15

» Question about selling houses
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 0:57

» Great Freight (6-14-21)
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:33

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 19:22

» Township Wiki
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Adarsh13 Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 11:46

» Mic's Table
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Thu 10 Jun 2021 - 23:32

» My First Stab....
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Thu 10 Jun 2021 - 1:59

» Transfer My Game
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby sue Wed 9 Jun 2021 - 17:49

» Jungle Quest is here 6/3 (plus share & find lucky towns here)
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 9 Jun 2021 - 1:06

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lutka48 Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 20:31

» Update is here/IOS
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Fri 4 Jun 2021 - 13:53

» When your contractor subs out to some dude he picked up at Home Depot.
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 21:50

» WTFIT??? The acronym thread
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 18:59

» 50 friends?
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 14:52

» What are your top 3 favorite t.v / telly shows?
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 6:00

» Over 1000 members!
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Campogiro Tue 1 Jun 2021 - 23:16

New topics
» Delayed Start ROC
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Yesterday at 11:30

» Lucky Coupon, June 19, 2021
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 20:03

» Great Freight (6-14-21)
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:09

» Next Regatta Season
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 11:54

» Question about selling houses
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby CaseMoline Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 1:32

» RoC FAQ by T&B and the Leaders of Township /June 15-21
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 21:06

» Transfer My Game
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby sue Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 14:52

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mike Mon 7 Jun 2021 - 14:00

Hopping

Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Apr 2020 - 17:57 #1

First topic message reminder :

1) For an established co-op the target for co-op rewards is unreasonably high
2) The more people take tasks, the higher that target becomes, so.....

In a new co-op, with ONE person doing the first 11 tasks, the co-op goals target is 17, with rewards after tasks 2,4,7,11&17.

Nevada wrote an excellent how-to guide on the Playrix forum,
https://forum.playrix.com/showthread.php?242331-All-about-%E2%80%9CHopping%E2%80%9D
though unfortunately the pictures disappeared.

You can change your rewards by leaving and being re-invited but they get less generous the more often you do so. As a guest, only switch with your hosts permission. It's very difficult to see who left and why while inviting.  In co-op hops or Quickbarns (see below), if you get a run of awful rewards, ask to be kicked. Once kicked, force close TS and re-open game before accepting the re-invite, otherwise the Taskboard is likely to be invisible.

(Am hoping someone will kindly provide a visual list of good hopping tasks. Meanwhile typing interseasonal regatta tasks on your search engine should lead you to some useful pictures.)

Types of hop from slowest to quickest:-

SLOW CO-OP HOP

Set home co-op to By Request and have one active teammate (set to leader or co) stay at home to accept requests and promote returning teammates (empty co-ops get disbanded. Make sure every member who wants to 'hop' is friends with at least one other as only friends ranked elder or above can send invites.
Create a new co-op and invite your teammates to it. Promote them to elder so they can invite the teammates they're friends with and help you dump hard chests. 
Dump chests until you have at least 10 quick easy tasks on the board, by which time your teammates should have arrived. One person, the Host does the first 11 tasks, all the while dumping hard chests, teammates do the last 6 tasks. (If inviting hopping friends to do the last 6 tasks they need to be 'instants' with the Host pausing task 11 to invite. Once co-op has 30 members Host completes task 11 and types GO in chat). 

Afterwards, either create another new co-op and repeat, do a few barn hops (see below) or go home and work on personal chest rewards. (Personal chest rewards are lost on leaving a co-op).
+ You stay together as a team and can coordinate who does last 6 tasks. Host can pause before completing tasks 4,7&11 to switch rewards. No babytowns needed.
- very slow, (by hopping standards)

GRAND/SUPERFULL (extremely rare)
Host prepares board with 2 quick tasks and 15 instant/very quick tasks. Pauses towards end of 2nd task to invite. When Co-op full (30 members) finishes second task and completes the remaining 15 as fast as possible. 
+ No need to provide a choice of guest tasks
- cannot use more than one island task (except 2*5/6 shrimp) and rarely more than one crop task.

FULL (very rare)
Host prepares board with 2 quickish tasks and at least 17 instants, pausing towards end of 2nd task to invite. Once co-op has 30 members, completes second task and further 9 as fast as possible. On completing 11th task, type GO in chat. Guests then do last 6 tasks.
+ Uses less of your resources than a Super/Grand. Can have more than one island instant
- needs more instants on board as guests need a choice.

COMBO (rare)
Host prepares board with 2 'host' tasks and 5 instants. Pause towards end of 2nd task to invite, completing it and then the 5 instants once co-op full. Guests leave after task 7, collecting 3 rewards. Host then does a further 4 'host' tasks while preparing the board again to get at least 6 instant (preferably more) guest tasks. Pause towards end of 11th task to invite, complete it once co-op full, type GO in chat. Guests then do last 6 instant tasks.
+ 2 hosts for the same workload as 1. Easier to prepare board. 
- often gets mistaken for a barn hop (see below). Re-preparing the board for part 2 can take longer than prep for part 1 did.

STANDARD/NORMAL(common)
Host does eleven tasks at own pace while preparing the board with at least 7, preferably more, instant tasks for guests. Pause to invite near end of task 11 then type GO in chat. Guests do last 6 instant tasks

BARN (common)
Host prepares a board with at least 7 instant tasks. Then does 2 host tasks, pausing to invite when nearly finished 2nd. When co-op full, complete tasks 2,3&4, type GO on chat. Guests then do 3 instants.
+ easy and quick to prepare. Easier with a babytown but can be done without.

SPEEDBARN/2+2
There are several ways of doing this but main 2 are:-
- as an individual host : 
prepare a board with 2 'host' tasks and at least 3 instants. Pause towards end of second task to invite. Do not fill co-op to 30 to ensure guests swapping rewards can get back in. When all your guests have a barntool (or mining if they prefer) complete second task. 2 guests start but don't immediately complete an instant task. Host quickly checks that no more than 2 tasks have been started before saying GO
- as a group :
Leader opens a board with at least 5 instant tasks before inviting. Guests check rewards on arrival and if no tools as second reward just leave to be re-invited, say STAY once finished swapping. Guests then check how many tasks they can do. First to yell TWO/use a sticker in chat builds by doing the first task and pausing second until everyone in group has a tool. Once 'builder' has completed second task, two more are selected by others. If more than 2 selected,  Leader decides who should dump and who should complete task before saying GO/START/KILL/COMPLETE in chat.
+ Superfast. Can easily be done without a babytown.
-  be very sure that only one person does the first 2 tasks. Cannot go to other hops as would leave your teammates waiting unnecessarily.
This type of hop is easily adapted to suit co-op hops as don't need such a good board. Host/Builder would do 2 instants then 2 others do a quick task. Also good with two well prepared hoppers doing 2 instants each, taking turns to open as many co-ops as it takes to get 5+instants on the board.

It sounds far more complicated than it is. 
I am far from expert, but happy to answer any questions you may have. 

Hopping is much easier with FB than without because number of friend spaces limited. Also there are numerous hopping Groups on FB to steer you and provide info.

Hopping is much easier with a babytown to babysit the host co-op you are building but it is possible without, though you can't accept invites while you're preparing your board.

TIPS

Edit your name so friends can see you would like to receive invitations. Include  your level to make finding you in friends list easier. For example $ JayS103 $. 
$0$ before and after your name shows you are new to hopping so liable to need help.

AS HOST: 
- Be very clear what sort of hop you are hosting in the Co-Op Description Box. 
QUICKBARN 2+2. BARN 4+3. COMBO 7+0. 
- Prepare a good board for your guests. For example, 10 coconuts may be an instant task, but having more than 1 of the same island on the board is unlikely to be doable.
Ideally, four or five instant factory tasks plus animals. (36 milk and eggs are instant, 24 wool/bacon/honey. 12 mushrooms). Clover is precious, especially towards the end of the week. They should be your 'just-in-case' spare tasks. 3-4 HoL will get done. 5+ are very unpopular. Hi
- Promote your friends as they arrive, they will invite their friends to fill your co-op quickly. (Hoppers do not like waiting) 
- Ask the first few guests to arrive of they want to swap rewards and re-invite them promptly when they leave to do so. 
- Finish your interrupted task as soon as co-op has 30 members (sometimes sticks at 29) and type GO as soon as you've finished it.
- you need to do your instant tasks as quickly as you can. Busy hoppers are missing invitations while waiting for you. For example, <35 ore is acceptable as a host task if done superquickly in a full or superfull hop, but not in a barn.
- change co-op settings to closed/level 150 as soon as hop completed  to save wasted journeys (though many hoppers are above that level).
- if you have time after hop before an invitation arrives, visit and like the town's who took tasks.

AS A GUEST:
- Say Thank You. Even a 2+2 Speedbarm may have taken your host 10,000+ coins to find a good enough board.
- Thank the friend who invited you. You can see who it was by tapping top left of invite before accepting. hi
- Accept invitations promptly. Co-ops fill extraordinarily fast. 
- Visit and like the host's town (see * below)
- Read the co-op description carefully. If you're unsure what kind of hop it is, ask. 
- Do NOT take a task before the host says GO/START. 
- NEVER use the words GO or START in chat. Hoppers come from all over the world, many speak no English, but recognise those words as signal to start taking tasks.
- Only take a task you can complete instantly.
- If a hop gets messed up because someone took a task too early, offer to stay and help. Wait for host's permission though.
- If you take a task too early, apologize, help the host to complete, be prepared to pay to refresh several crates to find extra instants.
-  IF there aren't enough instant tasks on the board, offer to refresh one or two. (See *below)
- Many hosts will leave the coop as soon as 17th task completed, but it's nice to thank them anyway- their baby town will see your appreciation.
- Don't assume you can switch rewards, ask the friend who invited you IF the co-op is filling very slowly. They may be too busy inviting to be able to catch you. In Speedbarns switch until you get any barntool, not until you get the specific one you're shortest of.

(Will be editing later to add list of 'host'/'guest' hoptasks)

That's All for now Folks

(* unfortunately some dishonest people have found a way to hack tc  and use that to host full/superfull hops using just planes/HoLs. Be very wary of very low level hosts with very low help stats in Town Hall. As a newbie hopper you're unlikely to stumble across them, but I try to avoid liking their towns or helping them in any way. Not everyone who uses a lot of planes/HoLs is a cheat. I have honest friends who do that with legitimately purchased TC to help their co-op get boosters to race faster.)

Last edited by JayS on Sun 3 May 2020 - 6:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuthorMessage

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2020 - 13:30 #20

@Elvengirl wrote:
I take that back. No hopping.
I know. I am confused, I thought Playrix said they had no plans to change/remove interseasonal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2020 - 14:02 #21

Too soon to say whether IS is history, but then I can no longer give Playrix the benefit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2020 - 22:44 #22

I don’t understand why this has stopped hopping.
Players can opt out of ROC, so surely they can still hop.
It won’t affect the original coop because you are placed in a racing group with the same number of players.

geek
Back to top Go down

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Jul 2020 - 1:18 #23

The payoff in hopping came from collecting multiple sets of coop goal rewards.  A solo coop only had to do 17 tasks.

Start coop, Check goal rewards.  If rewards don't have enough tcash, dump coop and start again. 

Once you get goal rewards you like, dump precious and gold chests, work the fastest/ easiest tasks from wood, collect rewards.  

Start new coop, and repeat as often as you can within the time available.  Because of the competition aspect of the car race event, I don't know if a new coop formed after the race began is even allowed to participate now.

There is also the IS variation of inviting additional hoppers to join as you start task 11.  They finish tasks 12-17 and also collect the final goal reward.  Because the opt in/ out feature is used for the new event, the tactic of adding players to work the last gift task wouldn't work.

I suppose it might be possible in the Car race event to work until you have completed the 7 gift tasks, then start a new coop if they let us, but the tasks are much harder and slower here.  Also, the rewards are not as good and you wouldn't know from the start which rewards you will get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 3 Jul 2020 - 2:35 #24

Oh of course, I didn’t think it out...
I see what you mean Mayfield, so there is no point to hopping...the prizes just are not worth it.

geek
Back to top Go down

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 4 Jul 2020 - 18:59 #25

As an antidote to the current RoC thought would post a reminder of worst bits of hopping.

- As a fairly new Hopper, being told that I should only host Full Hops. (Have since become a Combo Addict).

- During first season with my own baby, naming a co-op Barn Hop 6, then getting a board from heaven and prepping a Full (took me 2 days and 60+ dumps). Despite numerous
⛔💣⚔Do NOT Touch ⚔💣⛔ while inviting from myself and other really good hoppers, someone took a task at 3 (speedbarns weren't yet in fashion).
(Taught me to state hop type in description not title)

- After doing seventh task in a Combo, being told to hurry up and hosts do 11. When I politely (by my standards) pointed out that type of hop was clearly stated in description and before finishing 2nd and 4th tasks, disgruntled guest dumped all left over chests. (Had taken me a long time and lots of dumps to prep my board . Some combo hosts do wipe the board to prevent accidents but I had boats and crops on their way for 8-17. Taught me not to promo peeps I don't know unless co-op filling unusually slowly)

- After finished 7th task in a combo, saw the counter rising rapidly.  A "power player" liked the reward in task 11 so took it upon themselves to do 4 instants to get it.  They did not fancy staying to do the 23 their greed caused nor pausing to let me switch the useless (to me) reward I had in 11.

- inviting friends to a hop on being promoted, before noticing that the host has only dumped 8 crates and had no instant tasks on the board.

- feelings of paranoia when not invited for several hours/ feelings of elation when invited to 5 or 6 in quick succession. (BunnyFlea's Law- get more invites when asleep, when halfway through last host task about to invite, in the bathroom etc than when twiddling thumbs waiting for new chests to drop)

Not mentioning the good bits of hopping, like swapping rewards, meeting great people from all over the world, accumulating boosters, barn tools, fill coupons, ingots,tc in this post- it's to remind myself of the bad bits...... RoC still awful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2020 - 19:57 #26

You left out the part about the screwing the coop you leave to go hopping (unless you are always a solo coop).  Their coop goal task counts are based on the total number of members in recent weeks, including the hoppers.  This isn't much of an issue when only one leaves to hop, but if very many go, it leaves the rest doing a lot more tasks than would be needed for that many players.

You should not be surprised to find greedy and selfish players among hoppers.  After all, that's the essence of this tactic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2020 - 20:17 #27

@Mayfield wrote:
You left out the part about the screwing the coop you leave to go hopping (unless you are always a solo coop).  Their coop goal task counts are based on the total number of members in recent weeks, including the hoppers.  This isn't much of an issue when only one leaves to hop, but if very many go, it leaves the rest doing a lot more tasks than would be needed for that many players.

You should not be surprised to find greedy and selfish players among hoppers.  After all, that's the essence of this tactic.

Plenty of hoppers are in co-ops with other hoppers, therefore they share the same goal. Also a lot of hoppers in regular co-ops stated that they return to their co-ops and help get tasks done for their team, or do them before leaving. Given how long hopping has been around now, it is very unlikely any hoppers would belong to co-ops that don't support it. 

What you say was very much the case early on (although often due to ignorance rather than selfishness), but now....not so much Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Arial Heights

Admin
Arial Heights
Admin

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2020 - 20:51 #28

I agree @Downton Falls, many hoppers pop their baby town in the co op whilst they hop. I’ve never hopped, it’s not my thing, but we’ve had various players in for a week here and there, for some people a change is as good as a rest & we welcome them, learn from them & end up with more TS friends as a result. 
For me, this is a game in which being happy & fulfilled is key. If that is Hopping for some, fair play.
flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Jul 2020 - 21:08 #29

@Arial Heights wrote:
I agree @Downton Falls, many hoppers pop their baby town in the co op whilst they hop. I’ve never hopped, it’s not my thing, but we’ve had various players in for a week here and there, for some people a change is as good as a rest & we welcome them, learn from them & end up with more TS friends as a result. 
For me, this is a game in which being happy & fulfilled is key. If that is Hopping for some, fair play.
flower

Yep, and of course there are co-ops who just looked forward to IS as a week off like us a lot of the time, so players going off to hop or jumping in and out of your co-op doesn't effect you anyway Very Happy

Hopping never interested me, but some players loved it and looked forward to it, and we did learn a lot from the hoppers. They were always open about it, in my experience anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

douglasnorth

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2020 - 18:06 #30

As the host, is it ok to kick out the hangers on after the hop is over? I don't feel comfortable leaving some stranger as the "leader" of "my" co-op.

Doug
Windows, second time around
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Arial Heights

Admin
Arial Heights
Admin

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2020 - 19:32 #31

I always thought that hoppers made co Ops especially for the hopping week, rather than joining established co Ops?
I’m not a hopper though, so I could be mistaken. 
flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2020 - 19:53 #32

By definition, hoppers don't hang around so there is no one to kick. Hoppers form new co ops to collect the IS group rewards. Once the rewards are collected (it happens in minutes) everyone including the host leaves this temporary co op to join the next, rinse, repeat. Some hoppers play solo in-between. Some have a home co-op that their baby towns or other non-hoppers keep together during IS week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 16 Jul 2020 - 21:54 #33

@douglasnorth wrote:
As the host, is it ok to kick out the hangers on after the hop is over? I don't feel comfortable leaving some stranger as the "leader" of "my" co-op.

Doug
Windows, second time around

Better not to Douglas. They don't get the rewards if they're kicked.

Some will ask to be kicked by a friend at the end of the hop. The 'you have been kicked by..' message stays in the inbox making sending invites quicker than scrolling through friends lists.

Once all co-op rewards are collected what harm can they do.

Once had a newbie decline repeated invites to new host build because too scared of disbanding the (finished) co-op.

HTH
Back to top Go down
View user profile

douglasnorth

Hopping - Page 2 Empty
Hopping - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 0:10 #34

Thanks JayS, didn't think of still being in the co-op b/c offline and rewards not collected. Has happened to me b/c I fell asleep LOL,

Doug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hopping
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Township Forum :: ~Regatta and Co-ops~ :: Race of Champions Discussions-
Jump to: