1) For an established co-op the target for co-op rewards is unreasonably high
2) The more people take tasks, the higher that target becomes, so.....
In a new co-op, with ONE person doing the first 11 tasks, the co-op goals target is 17, with rewards after tasks 2,4,7,11&17.
Nevada wrote an excellent how-to guide on the Playrix forum,https://forum.playrix.com/showthread.php?242331-All-about-%E2%80%9CHopping%E2%80%9D
though unfortunately the pictures disappeared.
You can change your rewards by leaving and being re-invited but they get less generous the more often you do so. As a guest, only switch with your hosts permission. It's very difficult to see who left and why while inviting. In co-op hops or Quickbarns (see below), if you get a run of awful rewards, ask to be kicked. Once kicked, force close TS and re-open game before accepting the re-invite, otherwise the Taskboard is likely to be invisible.
(Am hoping someone will kindly provide a visual list of good hopping tasks. Meanwhile typing interseasonal regatta tasks on your search engine should lead you to some useful pictures.)
Types of hop from slowest to quickest:-SLOW CO-OP HOP
Set home co-op to By Request and have one active teammate (set to leader or co) stay at home to accept requests and promote returning teammates (empty co-ops get disbanded. Make sure every member who wants to 'hop' is friends with at least one other as only friends ranked elder or above can send invites.
Create a new co-op and invite your teammates to it. Promote them to elder so they can invite the teammates they're friends with and help you dump hard chests.
Dump chests until you have at least 10 quick easy tasks on the board, by which time your teammates should have arrived. One person, the Host does the first 11 tasks, all the while dumping hard chests, teammates do the last 6 tasks. (If inviting hopping friends to do the last 6 tasks they need to be 'instants' with the Host pausing task 11 to invite. Once co-op has 30 members Host completes task 11 and types GO in chat).
Afterwards, either create another new co-op and repeat, do a few barn hops (see below) or go home and work on personal chest rewards. (Personal chest rewards are lost on leaving a co-op).
+ You stay together as a team and can coordinate who does last 6 tasks. Host can pause before completing tasks 4,7&11 to switch rewards. No babytowns needed.
- very slow, (by hopping standards)GRAND/SUPERFULL
Host prepares board with 2 quick tasks and 15 instant/very quick tasks. Pauses towards end of 2nd task to invite. When Co-op full (30 members) finishes second task and completes the remaining 15 as fast as possible.
+ No need to provide a choice of guest tasks
- cannot use more than one island task (except 2*5/6 shrimp) and rarely more than one crop task.FULL
Host prepares board with 2 quickish tasks and at least 17 instants, pausing towards end of 2nd task to invite. Once co-op has 30 members, completes second task and further 9 as fast as possible. On completing 11th task, type GO in chat. Guests then do last 6 tasks.
+ Uses less of your resources than a Super/Grand. Can have more than one island instant
- needs more instants on board as guests need a choice.COMBO
Host prepares board with 2 'host' tasks and 5 instants. Pause towards end of 2nd task to invite, completing it and then the 5 instants once co-op full. Guests leave after task 7, collecting 3 rewards. Host then does a further 4 'host' tasks while preparing the board again to get at least 6 instant (preferably more) guest tasks. Pause towards end of 11th task to invite, complete it once co-op full, type GO in chat. Guests then do last 6 instant tasks.
+ 2 hosts for the same workload as 1. Easier to prepare board.
- often gets mistaken for a barn hop (see below). Re-preparing the board for part 2 can take longer than prep for part 1 did.STANDARD/NORMAL
Host does eleven tasks at own pace while preparing the board with at least 7, preferably more, instant tasks for guests. Pause to invite near end of task 11 then type GO in chat. Guests do last 6 instant tasksBARN
Host prepares a board with at least 7 instant tasks. Then does 2 host tasks, pausing to invite when nearly finished 2nd. When co-op full, complete tasks 2,3&4, type GO on chat. Guests then do 3 instants.
+ easy and quick to prepare. Easier with a babytown but can be done without.SPEEDBARN/2+2
There are several ways of doing this but main 2 are:-
- as an individual host :
prepare a board with 2 'host' tasks and at least 3 instants. Pause towards end of second task to invite. Do not fill co-op to 30 to ensure guests swapping rewards can get back in. When all your guests have a barntool (or mining if they prefer) complete second task. 2 guests start but don't immediately complete an instant task. Host quickly checks that no more than 2 tasks have been started before saying GO
- as a group :
Leader opens a board with at least 5 instant tasks before inviting. Guests check rewards on arrival and if no tools as second reward just leave to be re-invited, say STAY once finished swapping. Guests then check how many tasks they can do. First to yell TWO/use a sticker in chat builds by doing the first task and pausing second until everyone in group has a tool. Once 'builder' has completed second task, two more are selected by others. If more than 2 selected, Leader decides who should dump and who should complete task before saying GO/START/KILL/COMPLETE in chat.
+ Superfast. Can easily be done without a babytown.
- be very sure that only one person does the first 2 tasks. Cannot go to other hops as would leave your teammates waiting unnecessarily.
This type of hop is easily adapted to suit co-op hops as don't need such a good board. Host/Builder would do 2 instants then 2 others do a quick task. Also good with two well prepared hoppers doing 2 instants each, taking turns to open as many co-ops as it takes to get 5+instants on the board.
It sounds far more complicated than it is.
I am far from expert, but happy to answer any questions you may have.
Hopping is much easier with FB than without because number of friend spaces limited. Also there are numerous hopping Groups on FB to steer you and provide info.
Hopping is much easier with a babytown to babysit the host co-op you are building but it is possible without, though you can't accept invites while you're preparing your board.TIPS
Edit your name so friends can see you would like to receive invitations. Include your level to make finding you in friends list easier. For example $ JayS103 $.
$0$ before and after your name shows you are new to hopping so liable to need help.
- Be very clear what sort of hop you are hosting in the Co-Op Description Box.
QUICKBARN 2+2. BARN 4+3. COMBO 7+0.
- Prepare a good board for your guests. For example, 10 coconuts may be an instant task, but having more than 1 of the same island on the board is unlikely to be doable.
Ideally, four or five instant factory tasks plus animals. (36 milk and eggs are instant, 24 wool/bacon/honey. 12 mushrooms). Clover is precious, especially towards the end of the week. They should be your 'just-in-case' spare tasks. 3-4 HoL will get done. 5+ are very unpopular. Hi
- Promote your friends as they arrive, they will invite their friends to fill your co-op quickly. (Hoppers do not like waiting)
- Ask the first few guests to arrive of they want to swap rewards and re-invite them promptly when they leave to do so.
- Finish your interrupted task as soon as co-op has 30 members (sometimes sticks at 29) and type GO as soon as you've finished it.
- you need to do your instant tasks as quickly as you can. Busy hoppers are missing invitations while waiting for you. For example, <35 ore is acceptable as a host task if done superquickly in a full or superfull hop, but not in a barn.
- change co-op settings to closed/level 150 as soon as hop completed to save wasted journeys (though many hoppers are above that level).
- if you have time after hop before an invitation arrives, visit and like the town's who took tasks.
AS A GUEST:
- Say Thank You. Even a 2+2 Speedbarm may have taken your host 10,000+ coins to find a good enough board.
- Thank the friend who invited you. You can see who it was by tapping top left of invite before accepting. hi
- Accept invitations promptly. Co-ops fill extraordinarily fast.
- Visit and like the host's town (see * below)
- Read the co-op description carefully. If you're unsure what kind of hop it is, ask.
- Do NOT take a task before the host says GO/START.
- NEVER use the words GO or START in chat. Hoppers come from all over the world, many speak no English, but recognise those words as signal to start taking tasks.
- Only take a task you can complete instantly.
- If a hop gets messed up because someone took a task too early, offer to stay and help. Wait for host's permission though.
- If you take a task too early, apologize, help the host to complete, be prepared to pay to refresh several crates to find extra instants.
- IF there aren't enough instant tasks on the board, offer to refresh one or two. (See *below)
- Many hosts will leave the coop as soon as 17th task completed, but it's nice to thank them anyway- their baby town will see your appreciation.
- Don't assume you can switch rewards, ask the friend who invited you IF the co-op is filling very slowly. They may be too busy inviting to be able to catch you. In Speedbarns switch until you get any barntool, not until you get the specific one you're shortest of.
(Will be editing later to add list of 'host'/'guest' hoptasks)
That's All for now Folks
(* unfortunately some dishonest people have found a way to hack tc and use that to host full/superfull hops using just planes/HoLs. Be very wary of very low level hosts with very low help stats in Town Hall. As a newbie hopper you're unlikely to stumble across them, but I try to avoid liking their towns or helping them in any way. Not everyone who uses a lot of planes/HoLs is a cheat. I have honest friends who do that with legitimately purchased TC to help their co-op get boosters to race faster.)