Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Today at 14:38

» The UTF Music Playlist
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Today at 8:28

» Songs of Township
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Yesterday at 22:36

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Yesterday at 14:39

» Township Wiki
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 14:11

» How many here play on Windows?
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Elby714 Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 0:36

» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 24 Jul 2021 - 17:58

» Buying Market Baskets
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 15:33

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:52

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby A_Jarvis Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 17:52

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 0:09

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:04

» Image for The Great Gatsby/Golden Ticket
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 15:49

» Um...Is My Signature Showing Up?
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 14:43

» Disappearing crops
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 0:04

» Recent Change to Township Wiki
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Mon 19 Jul 2021 - 10:57

» Top Contributor
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 17 Jul 2021 - 19:00

» HELPER requested / OFFERING help / GP tcash Accumulators Message Board!
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 19:01

» Co-Op Ads
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Wakanda Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 15:10

» Fire in the river!
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Bobcat Paradise Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 2:15

» PC update out
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Thu 15 Jul 2021 - 22:44

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 13:28

» Don't build the zoo=5TC in place of cards
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Mon 12 Jul 2021 - 3:51

» What is the correct forum to post Co-Op advertisements
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sat 10 Jul 2021 - 8:17

New topics
» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 17:59

» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 14:10

» Buying Market Baskets
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Thu 22 Jul 2021 - 22:02

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:52

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:07

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:04

» Um...Is My Signature Showing Up?
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 1:51

» Image for The Great Gatsby/Golden Ticket
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Mon 19 Jul 2021 - 15:25

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo

Go down
AuthorMessage

RiverSoul

RiverSoul

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo Empty
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2020 - 16:07 #1

I am looking for a co-op to join but in some of the descriptions I keep seeing "Must do 16/135" or sonething similar. Does this mean they want people to complete 16 tasks per Regatta, each with a value of 135? If so...why am I seeing this for descriptions of co-ops with only 2 members? How are they even able to get 16 tasks? And what if there aren't enough 135 point tasks for every member who is racing?

So many questions! Sorry!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

SweetTater

SweetTater

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2020 - 17:25 #2

@RiverSoul wrote:
I am looking for a co-op to join but in some of the descriptions I keep seeing "Must do 16/135" or sonething similar.   Does this mean they want people to complete 16 tasks per Regatta, each with a value of 135?  If so...why am I seeing this for descriptions of co-ops with only 2 members? How are they even able to get 16 tasks?  And what if there aren't enough 135 point tasks for every member who is racing?

So many questions!  Sorry!  
We usually race with 2. There are 15 task in gold league, we buy the 16th for 10 tc.  The board usually has 3 or 4 tasks worth 135. If its nothing we want, they get dumped and we wait 30 minutes for more tasks to return.  But, members can opt out if they choose. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

douglasnorth

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2020 - 19:06 #3

@RiverSoul wrote:
I am looking for a co-op to join but in some of the descriptions I keep seeing "Must do 16/135" or sonething similar.   Does this mean they want people to complete 16 tasks per Regatta, each with a value of 135?  If so...why am I seeing this for descriptions of co-ops with only 2 members? How are they even able to get 16 tasks?  And what if there aren't enough 135 point tasks for every member who is racing?

So many questions!  Sorry!  

In a small co-op, 16/135 is easier than it sounds. Most players that can spend a fair amount of time online can complete 16x135 in two or three days without spending tcash. It gets a lot harder if the co-op has more than 4 racers.

When looking for a co-op to join, check out their trophy history. Also, visit the leader's town to see what League they are currently in and to see if the leader is active (workers in the fields, factories operating). If the description says 16/135 and they're not in Gold League, it may mean the co-op has been demoted recently and may even be on the way down the ladder.

A red flag is everybody else is a member - usually means the leader is MIA and there are a lot of players who are not active either.

If a co-op looks promising and you aren't in a co-op now, join (or request to join) the co-op and check out the chat - see if it looks like a place you would feel comfortable in. If it's the day between races, also check out the task statistics to see how active the players are - is everybody doing tasks or are there a bunch of players just tagging along for the ride.

Doug
Windows. level 64
Back to top Go down
View user profile

RiverSoul

RiverSoul

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2020 - 19:35 #4

Oh, I see - so the number of tasks your team gets is connected to their league, not how many are on the team. Makes sense.

I briefly had my own co-op but it only had 2 other members and they rarely completed enough tasks. We were always getting demoted and I would always buy an extra task...I never got down on them for it, just praised them when our team did well. I realize people have lives outside the game (not me right now heh).

Then about a month ago, one member just left (the entire game, looks like). And the remaining member would only complete 1 task for 2 Regattas in a row and then went MIA, after dropping me as a friend. Have no idea why, we never had a bad word between us.

Kicked them both yesterday - after repeatedly trying to engage the remaining one in chat (Can you privately message folks? I don't even know) - and left the co-op, now have no team.

It happens, I guess. I'm not super-competitve but gee, minimal effort would have been nice. Communication would have been nice, too. Looking for a team that communicates, cooperates, and isn't high pressure. I'll find one eventually.

Thanks for the advice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Darkwood PC

PC_Mod
Darkwood PC
PC_Mod

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSat 21 Nov 2020 - 23:41 #5

@RiverSoul look at some of the larger coops.
There are a few groups out there that have multiple co-ops.
You might look at the old Township forum in the co-op ad sections
About halfway down that first page is one of the Co-op groups I'm talking about.
But if you do some searching and don't mind wondering around you should find something
to your liking.

Or give it a try at going it alone for a bit.
Or just wander around. 
@douglasnorth could provide some pointers on that style  Very Happy
Back to top Go down

douglasnorth Thinks this post is Awesome

Downton Falls Agrees with this post

View user profile

Willow Mist

Active
Willow Mist
Active

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2020 - 1:40 #6

Riversoul,

It might seem hard for larger groups to get 16x135 but the more racers you have, the more 135s the game gives you on the board at a time. smaller groups may only have 2-3 x 135 on the board at a time but larger groups will have 5-6 x 135 so it can still be done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2020 - 2:22 #7

Here is a chart showing potential 135pt tasks depending on your co-op size Very Happy
Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo Number10
(Chart by T&B)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

RiverSoul

RiverSoul

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2020 - 7:14 #8

Thanks, everyone, for your helpful replies!
Back to top Go down

SweetTater Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

douglasnorth

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2020 - 10:36 #9

@RiverSoul wrote:

It happens, I guess.  I'm not super-competitve but gee, minimal effort would have been nice.  Communication would have been nice, too.  Looking for a team that communicates, cooperates, and isn't high pressure.  I'll find one eventually.

Too bad you're not playing on Windows, our co-op would welcome you as a member - a perfect fit. Hope you find a home soon. Took me months of wandering to find one that I really like (no offence meant to the other co-ops that I have been in LOL).

Doug
Windows, level 64
Back to top Go down
View user profile

RiverSoul

RiverSoul

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2020 - 16:10 #10

Doug,
I took your advice , and Darkwood PC's advice, too, and found a co-op I thought was a good fit. So I joined, and am asking them questions, as well as filling goods requests in chat...we'll see. They seem really worried about people not opting out of Regattas if they can't do all the tasks - which is understandable - as they've mentioned it 3 times in the space of one conversation. We'll see how it goes.

Question: If someone doesn't have the ship steering wheel icon by theIr name, does that mean they've opted out of racing?

One thing that has already kind of put me off them a bit is that no one said "thanks" or even acknowledged their chat requests being filled. Seems sort of rude, especially to a new member. I wouldn't expect that every time, I suppose, but gee when it's the first thing a new member does...Like I said, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Darkwood PC

PC_Mod
Darkwood PC
PC_Mod

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2020 - 16:53 #11

@RiverSoul yes no wheel equals opted out.
Some people just don't say thanks.
Not a deal breaker to me but I for one at least like to be acknowledged.

@douglasnorth hey! We resemble that coop!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Calliie

Active
Calliie
Active

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2020 - 17:39 #12

@RiverSoul, there are some group who uses the clover as a form of thank you. And saying thank you and welcome clogs up the chat for important information. Furthermore, some people are experiencing issues with the chat  eg me. I have heating issues and I try not to chat too much for too long.  I say ask the group about their thank you etiquette. If you don't like it, maybe you need to continue your search.
Back to top Go down

View user profile

RiverSoul

RiverSoul

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2020 - 17:52 #13

Calliie,
Just mentioned it as something I found a bit different, is all. If it had offended me, I would have already left the group.

I try not to take things personally. Life's too short.

Last edited by RiverSoul on Sun 22 Nov 2020 - 17:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

RiverSoul

RiverSoul

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2020 - 17:56 #14

Darkwood PC,

Thanks for answering my question about the icon! Looks like this new group only has 2 out of 6 racing, then. Can't wait to see how the next Regatta goes, I suspect the ones who race, race hard!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2020 - 18:07 #15

@Calliie wrote:
@RiverSoul, there are some group who uses the clover as a form of thank you. And saying thank you and welcome clogs up the chat for important information. Furthermore, some people are experiencing issues with the chat  eg me. I have heating issues and I try not to chat too much for too long.  I say ask the group about their thank you etiquette. If you don't like it, maybe you need to continue your search.

It's true you have to find out the etiquette for thanking teammates for help. This particular element of being in a co-op has and will continue to cause  misunderstandings between players.

When I was newish to the game I assumed it was just plain ignorance when people didn't acknowledge any help I gave, (or acknowledge my thank you to them) lol. Since then I have learnt that my continuous thanks was just as aggravating to those who do not see it as necessary  rofl,lol

What is good is that I have started to notice leaders address how their co-op react to helps when they are advertising for new members Very Happy 

What I don't like and I have suffered it a couple of times. Is a co-op where the members are selective on who they thank. It really makes a player feel excluded Sad
Back to top Go down

Calliie Agrees with this post

View user profile

RiverSoul

RiverSoul

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Nov 2020 - 18:15 #16

Yep, just went back into chat there and saw the member thank another member lol.

That being said, I'm really basing my final decision (stay or go?) on how they handle the Regatta with so few racing. They are in the Silver League so I think it might suit me to stay. My former co-op never got very far, so Silver would be great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

douglasnorth

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2020 - 1:18 #17

I prefer a co-op that chats about stuff rather than one where the only chat is ty yw ty yw ... (and I agree that it's hard to do the thank you's when the chat isn't working properly.)

Also, if you go to the pier where the regatta info is and go to the "Season" tab, you can click on the icon (upper left) that looks like a little bar graph and see the previous season's statistics. That will show you how many players were racing in each of the four weeks.

I think a lot of players opt out of RoC, then opt back in for the regatta.

Doug
Windows, level 64
Back to top Go down

Calliie Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

RiverSoul

RiverSoul

Co-op Team Requirements/Lingo I_icon_minitimeMon 23 Nov 2020 - 2:58 #18

Doug,
Thanks for that tip! I'll check out the "Season" tab. cat