Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Great Freight event
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Today at 7:59 pm

» Songs of Township
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Today at 7:54 pm

» Greet Freight should start tomorrow
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Today at 1:33 pm

» "Easy" RoC Wooden League Co-op Question
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Kami2020 Today at 12:06 pm

» Hello guys
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby BlueSkyTown Today at 10:40 am

» Co-Op Ads
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Willow Mist Today at 9:24 am

» Hello guys
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby MFjones Today at 6:37 am

» Regatta Enchanting Oasis theme and seasonal tasks
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Today at 4:37 am

» glad to find this group
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby BlueSkyTown Today at 12:30 am

» Need for seeds is coming soon!
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:09 pm

» I wish Township would... and levelling up query
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:03 am

» Are you a Mac player?
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby maycee_shante Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:10 am

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Sunshine and Rainbows Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:45 am

» Disappearing crops
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:16 pm

» Diggy's Adventure
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:09 pm

» Admin and moderators?
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:08 am

» R.O.C. Refresher information
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Kami2020 Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:02 am

» If You Could Only Choose Five.....
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:51 pm

» My last regatta
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:15 pm

» Rev and Ride (Feb., 2021)
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:28 pm

» Losing Help Number?
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby okaussie3 Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:00 pm

» How many here play on Windows?
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:20 am

» Description on the co-op badges of how to achieve them
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:57 am

» Guess the Holiday
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:07 am

Restrict from Regatta Option

Go down
AuthorMessage

JustJan

JustJan

Restrict from Regatta Option Empty
Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 8:40 am #1

I have a co-op member who is ill and didn't opt out.   If I use the Restrict from Regatta option for her can she easily un-do that?

I wasn't sure how that works and didn't want to cause her any problems when she was back playing.

I assumed that she would just have to change it back in her settings ... but have learned over the years to never assume!

Smile 

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 8:44 am #2

You are right @JustJan She will be able to change it back when she is ready Very Happy

In fact when a player is restricted, only they can change their setting back to racing. Restricting them just means that when they do change their setting back, it will not take effect until the next weeks race begins.

I believe until she does change her setting back, she will remain opted out of racing after you have restricted her.
Back to top Go down

dnana1 and BKNBLK13 Agrees with this post

View user profile

April

April

Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 8:56 am #3

Your assumption is correct. When you restrict someone it opts them out, and they must opt themselves back in... in other words you cannot undo the restriction, they do it for themselves. 
Also just FYI, other effects of restriction: 
• forfeit of prizes if done during the regatta week. If restricted after close of regatta, they can still claim their prizes.
• before the newer “Race of Champions” a restriction did not affect interseasonal play. A previously restricted player could still do the interseasonal race. A player restricted during the interseasonal race would lose the ability to continue doing tasks, & forfeit prizes.
Now the effects of restriction are the same during regatta and RoC.
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls Thinks this post is Awesome

dnana1 and BKNBLK13 Agrees with this post

View user profile

JustJan

JustJan

Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 9:10 am #4

Thank you both!   Just wanted to be sure before jumping into this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JustJan

JustJan

Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2020 6:22 pm #5

@April wrote:
Your assumption is correct. When you restrict someone it opts them out, and they must opt themselves back in... in other words you cannot undo the restriction, they do it for themselves. 
Also just FYI, other effects of restriction: 
• forfeit of prizes if done during the regatta week. If restricted after close of regatta, they can still claim their prizes.
• before the newer “Race of Champions” a restriction did not affect interseasonal play. A previously restricted player could still do the interseasonal race. A player restricted during the interseasonal race would lose the ability to continue doing tasks, & forfeit prizes.
Now the effects of restriction are the same during regatta and RoC.

If I restrict someone from the Regatta, will it also restrict them from playing in the Race of Champions?  

It doesn't state that on the option to restrict so wanted to be sure this person is restricted for both since ROC starts tomorrow.

Thank you!  rendeer santa
Back to top Go down
View user profile

cemblack

Active
cemblack
Active

Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2020 6:51 pm #6

For the player to return - In your Settings (cog) then Additional Settings is "Take Part in Co-op Competitions".

Race of Champions is a Co-op Competitions ?!? I would be interested in the outcome of the Restrictions and impacts. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JustJan

JustJan

Restrict from Regatta Option I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2020 8:32 am #7

@cemblack wrote:
For the player to return - In your Settings (cog) then Additional Settings is "Take Part in Co-op Competitions".

Race of Champions is a Co-op Competitions ?!? I would be interested in the outcome of the Restrictions and impacts. Thank you.

I had to do  "Restrict from Regatta"  for two co-op members.   It also restricted them from the Race of Champions.  The wording is just different in what you see in the individual settings (Take Part in Co-op Competitions) and what it says when a leader restricts someone from competing (Restrict from Regatta)

So, know we know!   

Happy Holidays!   Restrict from Regatta Option 869320059
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Restrict from Regatta Option
Page 1 of 1