Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Multiple PC User Accounts & Multiple Towns on One Device
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Today at 6:21

» Pick Talk (for goldpassers)
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Today at 5:55

» COVID-Let’s talk about it!
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Today at 0:42

» Delay in the regatta
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri 24 Sep 2021 - 9:40

» The UTF Music Playlist
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Fri 24 Sep 2021 - 3:35

» Another Update
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Fri 24 Sep 2021 - 0:44

» Dealer coupon - how to use them and max amount you can store.
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Thu 23 Sep 2021 - 8:10

» Locked Co-Op Emblem Frames
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Thu 23 Sep 2021 - 0:34

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Wed 22 Sep 2021 - 7:50

» Township Funnies!
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 22 Sep 2021 - 1:11

» Msg to Members feature in Co-Op
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Tue 21 Sep 2021 - 1:19

» Top Contributor
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Mon 20 Sep 2021 - 12:04

» The UTF Comedy Sketch Corner
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 4:03

» Regatta 135 point Task Charts
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 2:43

» Songs of Township
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Fri 17 Sep 2021 - 6:47

» Factory Regatta Tasks & Factory Upgrades
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Fri 17 Sep 2021 - 5:27

» Day at the Beach tasks
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 2:26

» Playing the market
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 17:15

» Co-Op Ads
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Nerico Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 8:15

» Questions about Community buildings
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 2:57

» Say Hello!
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 6 Sep 2021 - 19:15

» Mic's Table
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sun 5 Sep 2021 - 20:07

» Next Regatta Season
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 18:52

» Post pictures of your town to be shown on our Twitter & Instagram page! :)
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 13:23

New topics
» Multiple PC User Accounts & Multiple Towns on One Device
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Today at 5:47

» Pick Talk (for goldpassers)
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Yesterday at 23:34

» Locked Co-Op Emblem Frames
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Wed 22 Sep 2021 - 4:41

» Msg to Members feature in Co-Op
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 21 Sep 2021 - 0:42

» COVID-Let’s talk about it!
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Gracie Mon 20 Sep 2021 - 22:48

» Delay in the regatta
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Mon 20 Sep 2021 - 20:59

» Another Update
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 7:24

» Regatta 135 point Task Charts
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 4:40

Question About the Latest Topics Widget

Go down
AuthorMessage

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Question About the Latest Topics Widget Empty
Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 0:01 #1

I was considering adding something to our forum so that I could stop the Latest topics on the left hand side of the screen showing when we are reading topics. The thought was it would make more space for the posts.

So my question is, do you guys usually rely on the latest topics list while you are in a topic to go to another topic? Or do you generally use it from the homepage?

Let me know please, as I don't want to change it if you find it really helpful to access it whilst in a topic.

Thanks Very Happy

[hideedit]

Last edited by Downton Falls on Sat 7 Nov 2020 - 3:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kimber

Prior Member
Kimber
Prior Member

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 1:26 #2

I use both of I want to be lazy look to the left lol just being honest 🤣🤣🤣.
But I use both but if you all agree to remove so be it no harm no fowl, don't matter to me.IMO
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 Agrees with this post

View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 3:07 #3

I navigate by the Latest Topics column.
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 Agrees with this post

View user profile

Calliie

Active
Calliie
Active

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 3:37 #4

I used the left column. By the way what is the widget and where is it??
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Medamana

TC
Medamana
TC

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 3:47 #5

I mainly use the link "View posts since last visit"Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

NonaBelle

NonaBelle

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 4:03 #6

I use the latest topics on the left side exclusively. I’m on a tablet but viewing in web version. If I’m in mobile version, there is no left hand column. I’ve had a hard time navigating to find a list of “new posts” like on the old forum. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place. I don’t know where to find “view topics since last visit”, that might help me. 😁 Thanks, Downton for all your hard work!
NonaBelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 4:43 #7

@Calliie wrote:
I used the left column. By the way what is the widget and where is it??

The left column is a widget @Calliie Very Happy

It is basically a code that creates specific information to be added to the forum (and a table/box to display it in). All, or most forums have them. Many come as standard with the forum, such as the Latest Topics. Others are custom made.

The Portal is entirely made up of widgets Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Calliie Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 4:47 #8

@NonaBelle wrote:
I use the latest topics on the left side exclusively.  I’m on a tablet but viewing in web version. If I’m in mobile version, there is no left hand column.  I’ve had a hard time navigating to find a list of “new posts” like on the old forum. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place.  I don’t know where to find “view topics since last visit”, that might help me. 😁 Thanks, Downton for all your hard work!
NonaBelle

@NonaBelle The latest topics widget was recently added to the Mobile version. It will appear at the top of the page above categories and directly below the welcome message (and the link buttons for Contact Admin, Google Play etc). I hope that helps Very Happy

And thank you Question About the Latest Topics Widget 3951035613

Last edited by Downton Falls on Sat 7 Nov 2020 - 4:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

NonaBelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Medamana

TC
Medamana
TC

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 4:49 #9

@ "NonaBelle"
Question About the Latest Topics Widget Bildsc14
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls, Mic Miller and NonaBelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

NonaBelle

NonaBelle

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 5:57 #10

Ah, thank you Downton! I found it. The twitter feed widget goes so much longer than the others that I hadn’t scrolled down enough to find it before. Thanks! 
Thank you too, Medamana! I found the view posts link. Yea! Appreciate the pic. 
Now I can navigate around a bit better 🙂
Nona
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 9:16 #11

I use the left hand column far more often than home menu or notifications, but if you need to lose it.....

Is there a show/hide option like you've done with "
who's online"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 9:37 #12

Thanks for all of the replies Very Happy

@JayS, no worries we don't need to lose it. I just wanted to know if it was serving a purpose for you guys being there whilst reading the topics. I am actually kinda glad to hear it is being useful. I use it myself, but was more interested in if it was proving beneficial or a hinderance to you all. With the stuff I do on the forum I usually access the site on my laptop, so wasn't sure if it would be used the same by members from other devices Smile 

Thanks again to everyone who has replied. I am happy to leave it as it is going off the response to this topic Question About the Latest Topics Widget 1069687031

ETA: I did consider if I could do something similar to what I did with the whose online. But if it is getting a lot of use it will probably be handier just leaving it visible. Plus it would possibly still have to be moved to a different part of the page to make that work I love you
Back to top Go down

JayS Agrees with this post

View user profile

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 10:40 #13

Aha @JayS I have managed to create a retractable sidebar. On the top left above the latest topics you will see two arrows pointing left. This retracts the latest topics widget. They will then display two arrows pointing right, clicking this will display the latest topics.

It is automatically set to open, but you can change it to retract. So basically each member can now choose how they would like the widget displayed Very Happy

Like the theme changer, for members signed in, it will save whatever setting you have it on. So maybe this will be handy for people depending on what device they use? Question About the Latest Topics Widget 3951035613

ETA: A new button clearly stating "Show/Hide Latest Topics" has been added instead of arrows.
Back to top Go down

JayS, Mic Miller, NonaBelle and BKNBLK13 Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

BKNBLK13

Active
BKNBLK13
Active

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSat 7 Nov 2020 - 14:33 #14

I'm too late to put in my 2cents but Really Like the ending result @Downton Falls !!!!!! Thank you
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls Thinks this post is Awesome

Jaytown, Mic Miller and NonaBelle Agrees with this post

View user profile

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2020 - 19:48 #15

I thought I would share a tip with those who wish to hide the Latest Topics. I prefer them to be hidden when I am on my tablet. However it hides them on the Homepage too and I still want to use the Latest Topics widget Sad 

But what I do is use the link to the 'Portal' that is in the 'Handy Links' drop down menu under every posters profile to the left of each post. Latest topics is also displayed in the portal in the left hand side column. It is separate to the other Latest Topics (although it is the same Rolling Eyes tongue  ) therefore it is not effected by the setting to hide it everywhere else. So no scrolling necessary, and no need to switch between hiding and showing the Latest Topics widget, which defeats the object IMO Very Happy
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

dnana1

TC
dnana1
TC

Question About the Latest Topics Widget I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Nov 2020 - 0:02 #16

I'm on a tablet, too, and I love the openess of the new design. I just hit the HOME button when I want to see the latest topics. I didnt even know until today, when I needed to update my sig, that we could go back to the original! 😍
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile
Question About the Latest Topics Widget
Page 1 of 1