Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Top Contributor
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Fri 15 Oct 2021 - 17:11

» Welcome to our discussions section
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Fri 15 Oct 2021 - 5:53

» Seasonal Task of "Earn Coins"
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Thu 14 Oct 2021 - 20:33

» Co-Op Ads
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Tessa Tiger Wed 13 Oct 2021 - 20:36

» Windows Lucky Towns
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 12 Oct 2021 - 22:34

» Playrix Info from T&B
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 12 Oct 2021 - 21:17

» In a Co op where Leader is completely inactive
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Mon 11 Oct 2021 - 16:07

» Hi!
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby BlueSkyTown Mon 11 Oct 2021 - 5:32

» Game Update
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 18:46

» Golden Ticket-What's required to finish
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 3:37

» Another Update
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 23:57

» Windows Update 8.61.1 Available
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 18:31

» Way too many building materials arriving, even before I've levelled up enough t.
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby RuthsTown Wed 6 Oct 2021 - 18:14

» Say Hello!
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 5 Oct 2021 - 1:21

» Township Corn Maze 2021
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Tue 5 Oct 2021 - 0:27

» Race of champions, tasks really hard?
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby SweetTater Mon 4 Oct 2021 - 18:19

» Cross Stitch Patterns as Design Ideas???
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 2 Oct 2021 - 23:44

» Lucky Town How-to Post Link
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Fri 1 Oct 2021 - 1:05

» Delayed Start ROC
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Wed 29 Sep 2021 - 17:38

» Pick Talk (for goldpassers)
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 29 Sep 2021 - 4:21

» Multiple PC User Accounts & Multiple Towns on One Device
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 28 Sep 2021 - 21:45

» Ruler of the mine and Mine time question
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Mon 27 Sep 2021 - 23:58

» Windows Update 8.6.0 Available
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Mon 27 Sep 2021 - 14:46

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sun 26 Sep 2021 - 19:54

New topics
» Playrix Info from T&B
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Tue 12 Oct 2021 - 8:07

» Seasonal Task of "Earn Coins"
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 20:45

» Hi!
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby jobanje Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 10:48

» Game Update
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 10 Oct 2021 - 2:28

» Golden Ticket-What's required to finish
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby catlover88 Sat 9 Oct 2021 - 19:11

» In a Co op where Leader is completely inactive
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby catlover88 Tue 5 Oct 2021 - 20:12

» Windows Update 8.61.1 Available
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 5 Oct 2021 - 13:58

» Way too many building materials arriving, even before I've levelled up enough t.
age limits? I_icon_minitimeby RuthsTown Mon 4 Oct 2021 - 22:11

age limits?

Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

maycee_shante

maycee_shante

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2020 - 7:16 #1

So I recently had a player join my co-op who was much younger then everyone in my group. Basically we are over 30 and the person joining was 16. After chatting the new member left citing the age difference. Now we don’t have an age requirement but I’m curious. Has anyone had to set an age limit for your co-op? Are you in a co-op with players of various ages? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kami2020

Active
Kami2020
Active

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2020 - 13:59 #2

We do not care about age.  We care about good sportsmanship and an acceptable amount of maturity.  In all the co ops I have been in, only one “child” was kicked and it was for insolent and disrespectful behavior.  That said, I would think a youngster would prefer the company of others near their age group. Maybe I am wrong.  I would rather not see anyone describe their co op using age ranges.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2020 - 16:12 #3

I have seen a few co-ops requesting mature adults only in their co-op description. I completely understand why they do this. If you have chatty group, you may feel some of the things you might discuss may not be appropriate for youngsters. 16yr olds would still be a concern for many as they would be very conscious of what they were writing.

If they do not want to be restricted on what they write in the chat bar and worry about anything being inappropriate. It makes sense to have an adult only co-op. So I respect that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2020 - 16:35 #4

I do not have statistical data to support it, but I think that the average age of the players is between 30 and 50 years old. This does not mean that there are no teenagers, as is the case that you mention, but it is not the gaming platform that a centennial likes the most. In my co-op I am the oldest ... reaching half a century ... 🤦🤦🤦
Back to top Go down
View user profile

douglasnorth

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2020 - 17:00 #5

In a game where players can lie about their age and any other personal details, it would be pointless to put an age limit on membership in a co-op. A good indicator of age (although not 100% reliable) would be town level or town name, as well as attitude in chat ("plz help me with trains!!!).

I cringe when a player chats "I'm 12 y.o., how old are you?" My experience is that young players don't hang around when the chat starts to center on grandchildren and the health problems of us over 65's.

In competitive co-ops, players whose parents only let them play an hour or two a day don't last very long.

I've seen co-ops who say "girls only". How can you enforce such a rule?

Bottom line, a player's attitude and playing style have to match that of the co-op leader, or out they go.

Doug
Windows laptop, level 60, (waiting for an update and a regatta)
Back to top Go down

Farosinthesun Thinks this post is Awesome

dnana1 and Calliie Agrees with this post

View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2020 - 17:20 #6

It's true that people lie. However I don't think it is pointless to put an age limit on your co-op. It will still give those looking a good indication of what type of co-op you have. People want to find co-ops that suit them. If you have an age limit, this helps them if they are looking for an adult only co-op, or have a child they want to be welcome in the same co-op they join. And it will stop a fair few from joining, but certainly not all.

It also makes it clear cut if a player joins and is not within the limits you have stipulated. There will be no need to discuss removing that member, as all of the co-op will be in agreement of their co-ops requirements/restrictions. Equally if you do not have an age limit, and then allow children to join (yes some still consider 16yr olds children), any member not happy about it cannot say there shouldn't be children in your co-op.

So for me it also helps prevent future disagreements in a co-op too Very Happy
Back to top Go down

dnana1 Agrees with this post

View user profile

maycee_shante

maycee_shante

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2020 - 0:50 #7

I can understand both sides of the issue. I did think that users who played the game were over a certain age but that could come from following the forum. I don’t want to restrict people from joining but I also don’t want to have to restrict topics in the chat. I think for now Im closing request until my co-op can agree on rules and restrictions. Thanks everyone for the feedback. I’m a night/late night player so i’m just seeing responses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

TC
dnana1
TC

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2020 - 1:01 #8

We dont know each others ages for sure, but I had a general idea that we are an older group, like 30-69 yo, with me being the oldest. We have 1 player who was doing great but then came up missing for a few weeks. She came back this week to tell us that her mom took away her phone because she was doing bad in school becoz of the game, lol!  Pretty sure she's in her late teens but I didnt ask.
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls and Chorilandia Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2020 - 2:08 #9

Quote :
We dont know each others ages for sure, but I had a general idea that we are an older group, like 30-69 yo, with me being the oldest. We have 1 player who was doing great but then came up missing for a few weeks. She came back this week to tell us that her mom took away her phone because she was doing bad in school becoz of the game, lol!  Pretty sure she's in her late teens but I didnt ask.

Lol @dnana1. I bet that gave you a shock rofl,lol

age limits? Giphy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2020 - 17:57 #10

@dnana1 wrote:

@dnana1 You made me laugh a lot with your comment! And talking about ages, you and I could create a group in this forum for members of more than half a century of life! lol!lol!
Let me know if you like the idea!

age limits? Giphy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kimber

Prior Member
Kimber
Prior Member

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2020 - 23:46 #11

I prefer 18+ because you never know with a minor you get a mad they can say oh this person in this game said this to me he's pervert etc blah blah blah blah blah it's better just to be safe than sorry I will not have nobody under 18 and mine for that simple reason kids especially nowadays are very vindictive
Back to top Go down

Calliie Agrees with this post

View user profile

maycee_shante

maycee_shante

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2020 - 2:50 #12

I had one person join my co-op that was like i’m excited to help can’t wait to play with you guys. etc. then disappeared for a month. stopped responding in the chat. the story of the girl being on punishment makes me wonder if she may have been on punishment. I’m cracking up laughing.
Back to top Go down

Kimber Agrees with this post

View user profile

Kimber

Prior Member
Kimber
Prior Member

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2020 - 9:58 #13

@maycee_shante wrote:
I had one person join my co-op that was like i’m excited to help can’t wait to play with you guys. etc. then disappeared for a month. stopped responding in the chat. the story of the girl being on punishment makes me wonder if she may have been on punishment. I’m cracking up laughing.

I am going on past experience. In a game I use to play about 4-5 yrs ago, I allowed a minor in. She got into it with one of my other players he kicked her out legit reason and next thing we know he got banned because of inappropriate talk to a minor, weeks after dealing with CS we finally got him back. So yeah negative past with minors
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

TC
dnana1
TC

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2020 - 12:40 #14

@Chorilandia wrote:
@dnana1 wrote:

@dnana1 You made me laugh a lot with your comment! And talking about ages, you and I could create a group in this forum for members of more than half a century of life! lol!lol!

age limits? Giphy

And you made me laugh with the dancing grannies, but I'll pass on the gran group coz I don't want to talk about it!!

affraid lol! dancing banana
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2020 - 15:31 #15

@dnana1 I remember that when I was born, my grandmother was only 6 years older than I am. She looked so different from how I am today! I still feel like a young woman! I can't imagine her playing TS! Fortunately, times have changed! lol!  👵🏻👵🏻👵🏻
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kimber

Prior Member
Kimber
Prior Member

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2020 - 16:08 #16

@dnana1 wrote:
@Chorilandia wrote:
@dnana1 wrote:

age limits? Giphy

And you made me laugh with the dancing grannies, but I'll pass on the gran group coz I don't want to talk about it!!

affraid lol! dancing banana

Will admit that made me smile then I realized man if I tried that move right now I be like that commercial
"Help I've fallen and can't get up"
Back to top Go down

dnana1 and Chorilandia Agrees with this post

View user profile

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2020 - 16:27 #17

@Kimber Well, if these days I do not post in the forum, know that I tried and I am still on the floor ... or in a hospital!   lol!lol!
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls and Kimber Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Kimber

Prior Member
Kimber
Prior Member

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2020 - 18:56 #18

@Chorilandia wrote:
@Kimber Well, if these days I do not post in the forum, know that I tried and I am still on the floor ... or in a hospital!   lol!lol!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Back to top Go down

dnana1 Agrees with this post

View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

age limits? Empty
age limits? I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2020 - 19:49 #19

@Chorilandia wrote:
@dnana1 I remember that when I was born, my grandmother was only 6 years older than I am NOW. She looked so different from how I am today! I still feel like a young woman! I can't imagine her playing TS! Fortunately, times have changed! lol!  👵🏻👵🏻👵🏻

Have added a word to your post that I think makes it's meaning immediately clear.
Am lacking coffee and suffering from literalism. My best friend growing up was older than her auntie so I've just spent ten mins scratching my head trying to work out how much of a cradle snatcher your dad and granddad were for you to have a six year old step-granny lol!

And yes, I can hear them tutting, " what do your mean, you don't knit?!?!?". The frightening thing is, despite how young at heart we feel, we probably look just as ancient to our ickleuns...for example, when asked a question I can't answer my first instinct is to phone a friend that might know....the kids go straight to goofle/wiki .
Thanks for making me smile Very Happy
Back to top Go down

douglasnorth and Chorilandia Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile
age limits?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Township Forum :: ~Regatta and Co-ops~ :: Seasonal Regatta and Co-op Discussions-
Jump to: