Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» The UTF Music Playlist
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Today at 0:07

» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Yesterday at 20:19

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Wed 28 Jul 2021 - 23:38

» Songs of Township
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 26 Jul 2021 - 22:36

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Mon 26 Jul 2021 - 14:39

» Township Wiki
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 14:11

» How many here play on Windows?
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elby714 Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 0:36

» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 24 Jul 2021 - 17:58

» Buying Market Baskets
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 15:33

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:52

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby A_Jarvis Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 17:52

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:04

» Image for The Great Gatsby/Golden Ticket
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 15:49

» Um...Is My Signature Showing Up?
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 14:43

» Disappearing crops
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 0:04

» Recent Change to Township Wiki
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Mon 19 Jul 2021 - 10:57

» Top Contributor
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 17 Jul 2021 - 19:00

» HELPER requested / OFFERING help / GP tcash Accumulators Message Board!
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 19:01

» Co-Op Ads
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Wakanda Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 15:10

» Fire in the river!
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Bobcat Paradise Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 2:15

» PC update out
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Thu 15 Jul 2021 - 22:44

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 13:28

» Don't build the zoo=5TC in place of cards
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Mon 12 Jul 2021 - 3:51

» What is the correct forum to post Co-Op advertisements
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sat 10 Jul 2021 - 8:17

New topics
» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 17:59

» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 14:10

» Buying Market Baskets
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Thu 22 Jul 2021 - 22:02

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:52

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:07

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:04

» Um...Is My Signature Showing Up?
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 1:51

» Image for The Great Gatsby/Golden Ticket
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Mon 19 Jul 2021 - 15:25

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out

Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 Empty
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Oct 2020 - 21:14 #1

First topic message reminder :

You guys have waited long enough! So glad to see Playrix has not forgotten its Window players! Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 2566289090 

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 Window12

Township Mobile FB wrote:

Dear Windows players, the long-awaited version of the game for you is just around the corner, yay! Make sure to check this information 👇
✔ Connect your game to your Facebook account not to lose the progress if you re-install it;
✔ To do that, go to Settings, click on the "Facebook disconnected" button, and enter your FB details;
✔ Voila, you're all set!
Are you guys excited about it? 😻
Back to top Go down

BlueSkyTown Agrees with this post

View user profile
AuthorMessage

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Oct 2020 - 23:48 #20

Out of curiosity, installed the new version on my Windows 10 laptop to see how it worked. I never had the game on this laptop before and it installed and opened with no issues.

After playing a bit, I got a pop up saying that TS no longer supports Windows 8 and I needed to upgrade to Windows 10. I’m already running Windows 10, but that laptop is pretty old and I think it did come with Windows 8 originally.

After playing a bit more, I got a different looking, fine print pop up informing me my system clock was wrong and this may affect some TS features. After closing, I see my system is displaying the correct date and time.

I have no idea what’s up with this software.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

douglasnorth

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2020 - 0:23 #21

and now, we have 2 days between IS and the next season. Update tomorrow?

Doug
Windows laptop, level 60

P.S. the popups about windows 8 and the time also come up on my township occasionally
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2020 - 0:33 #22

I was thinking the system time notice related to event start times, but this game is still way too low a level to even have the yacht club open, so I figure I wouldn’t get those yet anyway.

The mobile version typically only has 24 hours between the end of regatta and the start of IS or the next regatta.  I still wonder if the shifting of start dates on the Windows game may be related to eventually getting all platforms in the same player pool and participating together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AyazRA

AyazRA

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2020 - 9:13 #23

@Darkwood PC wrote:
So you can't open the game at all?
Is it showing as installed?
Or are you missing your town?

If it is the update from the Microsoft store causing your issues can you delete it?

Sorry I must have slept through most of this conversation.

My wife and I have both uninstalled/re-installed our games in the last week with no loss.
You could copy your PLRWorldSales folder as a back up so if you lose you town you could just replace the folder.
If you can open your game at all. Take a screen shot. Write your friend code and co-op tag down also.
Plus any info on co-op members, their town names, position, and level.
All of this information will be useful if you have to contact Playrix CS.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.
To summarize my situation:

• The game wasn't running at all, the loading screen wasn't coming after PLAYRIX comes and goes, when clicked on the game.
  • I've had an update for the game on Windows Store but I've gotten an error when I tried to install it, it just wouldn't start.
  • I uninstalled the game to re-installed it but, the same result as trying to update the game, no progress, I can't re-install the game as well.
  • The support isn't returning to me like the chat-box stated they would.

Is there any way I can reach support besides their chat-bot on their site, and besides sending a ticket in-game as I can't get into the game?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Darkwood PC

PC_Mod
Darkwood PC
PC_Mod

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2020 - 14:14 #24

Web based form to fill out.
Every time they reply make sure you reply also.
They may say something like the need the request to be from in game.
Keep replying even then.

Link is down at the bottom of the page.
"You can also contact us by filling out this form. We'll do our best to help you solve the issue!"
Back to top Go down

AyazRA Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

AyazRA

AyazRA

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Oct 2020 - 16:45 #25

@Darkwood PC wrote:
Web based form to fill out.
Every time they reply make sure you reply also.
They may say something like the need the request to be from in game.
Keep replying even then.

Link is down at the bottom of the page.
"You can also contact us by filling out this form. We'll do our best to help you solve the issue!"
Hello!

Thanks for all your help and interest in my problems.

As you mentioned that you were able to download and play the game, I assumed I was having a problem that was perhaps outside of Township or Playrix, and I think the probable reason for this problem was with my Windows Store, as appearently I wasn't able to download or update other apps there as well.

I've burnt through some solutions I can get my hands on about "unable to install/update apps on Windows Store", you can search for that online if you are having a similar problem.
And what worked for me is; upgrading my system through Microsoft Media creation tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10). It took hours but now I'm able to download Township, I opened it and it automatically remembered my town.

If anyone is having a similar problem, I would suggest trying to download or update other apps on Windows Store, if you can't then perhaps you are having the same problem as me and the solution above might work for you as well.

Enjoy the game friends Smile
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls, Darkwood PC, dnana1, BlueSkyTown, Mic Miller and douglasnorth Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Darkwood PC

PC_Mod
Darkwood PC
PC_Mod

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Oct 2020 - 0:34 #26

Yay!!!!

Still no update and the Regatta is unavailable now Sad 
Back to top Go down

douglasnorth Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

cemblack

Active
cemblack
Active

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2020 - 4:25 #27

Platform Windows 10

The Regatta Pier "Regattas are temporarily unavailable. Please visit the pier later."

The Yacht Club "Download Complete"

I do not have my game connected to Facebook. Is this compulsory?

Are these the messages you also have within your game?

Last edited by cemblack on Thu 22 Oct 2020 - 7:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Darkwood PC

PC_Mod
Darkwood PC
PC_Mod

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2020 - 5:42 #28

@cemblack those are the same ones my wife and I are getting.

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

cemblack

Active
cemblack
Active

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2020 - 8:15 #29

In regards to "Connect your game to your Facebook account not to lose the progress if you re-install it;"

Do most Windows users have Facebook connected to their Township?

What happens if you are not a Facebook user or do not want to connect to the game via Facebook?

How does this impact non-Facebook users?
Back to top Go down

woodyville Agrees with this post

View user profile

Darkwood PC

PC_Mod
Darkwood PC
PC_Mod

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2020 - 15:23 #30

Got this just a few hours ago...

October 22, 2020, 09:38 +0000
[size=16][size=16][size=16][size=16][size=16]Hello!

Thanks for contacting us! My name is Rona and I will be happy to help you.
We are sincerely sorry for all the inconveniences that you came across.
I ask you to bear with all the Regatta problems of days because these issues are due to the regatta schedule changes which will be made for our players’ convenience!
Our devs are doing their best to give you the opportunity to enjoy all of it ASAP

Have a great day!
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Should I ask them to stop trying to making me happy?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Oct 2020 - 19:43 #31

Smile
Hi everyone, New to the forum.  I'm glad that we supposedly have a Windows update for Township.  Yay!!  commenting on Cemblack's post:  You are not alone, I have never played my game thru FB. Only through MS download. (Windows Store)  No I haven't seen any updates for my game. But I have not checked today yet. So far things that I've noticed, going to another town was a bit tempermental;   Sort of like the game was thinking about it.   a couple/few  black screens.  and of course the regatta being unavailable.    I uninstalled my game, restarted my computer, and reinstalled the game.  with no issues.   SO now I wait to see if we are going to have spring flowers just in time to decorate the town for Christmas.   LOL    I totally see the humor in that.  This is why the game is called the hurry up and wait game.
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls and BlueSkyTown Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

cemblack

Active
cemblack
Active

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2020 - 3:21 #32

It's been suggested (elsewhere) that our in-game messages may be related to network or township server problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2020 - 3:32 #33

@cemblack wrote:
It's been suggested (elsewhere) that our in-game messages may be related to network or township server problems.

It's possible, but seems more likely it is connected to the update they are currently rolling out. Network and servers can and do cause issues, but even if this is part of the problem again it likely stems from the update.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

cemblack

Active
cemblack
Active

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2020 - 7:52 #34

Thank you Downton Falls  Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 1f600  I appreciate your response
Back to top Go down
View user profile

cemblack

Active
cemblack
Active

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2020 - 7:15 #35

Response today from Playrix support "Regatta is temporarily unavailable for Windows players due to the upcoming update. Please bear with us and we will release it as soon as possible! We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

micka

micka

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2020 - 12:42 #36

@cemblack wrote:
Response today from Playrix Support " Regatta is temporarily unavailable for Windows players due to the upcoming update. Please support us and we will release it as soon as possible!  We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. "
bounce : as you know we are all waiting and impatient to start so the fact that some inform us on this forum allows us to share and inform a maximum of players on pc.
 thank you to you, and I hope that playrix will directly inform the players about the game that it will be even easier before some decides to stop definitively; because many do not know what is happening all do not go to the forums
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls and douglasnorth Agrees with this post

View user profile

micka

micka

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Oct 2020 - 12:43 #37

@cemblack wrote:
Réponse aujourd'hui du support Playrix " Regatta est temporairement indisponible pour les lecteurs Windows en raison de la mise à jour à venir. Veuillez nous supporter et nous le publierons dès que possible!  Nous vous prions de nous excuser pour la gêne occasionnée et vous remercions de votre patience. "
bounce :comme tu le sais nous somme tous en attente et impatient de commencer donc le fait que certain nous informe sur ce forum nous permet de  partager et d informer un maximum de joueur sur pc.
 merci a a vous, et j espère que playrix informera directement les joueurs sur le jeux ça serai comme même plus simple  avant que certain décide d arrêter définitivement;   car beaucoup ne savent pas se qui se passe tous ne vont pas sur les forums
Back to top Go down
View user profile

douglasnorth

Windows Update Starting to Roll Out - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2020 - 14:53 #38

Just did the Windows TS update and I am not happy.

Can't talk to friends that aren't connected to Facebook, can't chat with the rest of the co-op, not terribly interested in all the extra events/games,whatever.

No snow is not worth all the other ****

OK, I may get used to it, but right now I WANT MY OLD GAME BACK!!!!!!

If anyone can contact my co-op, please tell them I'm on the other side, and it's not pretty.

Doug
Windows laptop
town Doug's Harbour, Canada
co-op The Seeds We Sow
level 60

Doug
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windows Update Starting to Roll Out
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next