Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Welcome to our discussions section
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Today at 0:15

» Opting out
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby BlueSkyTown Yesterday at 23:51

» Extremely Risky Info - - be most cautious! Use at your own discretion!
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Bobcat Paradise Yesterday at 18:02

» Regatta theme - PREHISTORIC WORLD
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Bobcat Paradise Yesterday at 17:45

» Songs of Township
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Yesterday at 12:57

» What Other Mobile Games Do You Play
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Yesterday at 11:53

» Hawaiian theme sneak peak.
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Yesterday at 10:37

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Yesterday at 2:30

» Mic's Table
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 13 May 2021 - 12:10

» Ruler of the Mine 5.10.21)
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Thu 13 May 2021 - 12:07

» Town Visits
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Wed 12 May 2021 - 22:26

» Need for seeds 5/17
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Wed 12 May 2021 - 22:24

» The UTF Music Playlist
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Mon 10 May 2021 - 20:10

» Two-year milestone gifts
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby EWoolf Mon 10 May 2021 - 18:39

» Golden Ticket (Splats, Town Fair and Pirate Seeds!!!)
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sun 9 May 2021 - 21:46

» Say Hello!
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 9 May 2021 - 18:38

» Prize Wheel
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Sun 9 May 2021 - 2:13

» Township Wiki
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 8 May 2021 - 6:11

» Great freight 5/5
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Mike Fri 7 May 2021 - 11:39

» Character / Customer names - what are they ?
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 7 May 2021 - 10:05

» Township Recipe Book by T&B
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 6 May 2021 - 18:33

» To solo or not to solo?
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 6 May 2021 - 8:43

» How many here play on Windows?
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Wed 5 May 2021 - 14:20

» Update coming?
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Wed 5 May 2021 - 13:55

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders?

Go down
AuthorMessage

dnana1

Senior
dnana1
Senior

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? Empty
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2020 - 19:25 #1

This idea had not occurred to me before today when I saw it in a co-op I visited.  Is anyone in a co-op with this setup?  Have you had any problems?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Calliie

Active
Calliie
Active

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2020 - 19:46 #2

I personally dislike all Co leaders Co op. Ranks must be earned. Co leaders are people who also helped the leaders make decisions, stopped squabbles, give warning. So if all is Co leaders, then all final decisions end up back at the leader. And a leader is usually not online 24 hours a day ( no one can).

Co leaders also have a liability of clicking at restrict, kick, promote button accidentally. So it depends on how much risks you are willing to take. 

On the other hand, I won't join a group without Co leaders and elders. This means only one person can dumped tasks.

I say 10% to 20% of the Co op Numbers be Co leaders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2020 - 20:06 #3

In co-ops where all members are equally active and knowledgeable then all as elder or all as co- strikes me as quite normal.

Know co-ops like that where leadership passes from one to another to another to another...all equals, no problem.

I find being left as member irritating as cannot dump or use invite button to chat to non- coop buddies.
BUT I would avoid promoting new members until after getting to know them, their expectations, experience etc.

Back to top Go down

QweenBee21 Agrees with this post

View user profile

dnana1

Senior
dnana1
Senior

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2020 - 0:54 #4

@Calliie wrote:
I personally dislike all Co leaders Co op. Ranks must be earned. Co leaders are people who also helped the leaders make decisions, stopped squabbles, give warning. So if all is Co leaders, then all final decisions end up back at the leader. And a leader is usually not online 24 hours a day ( no one can).

Co leaders also have a liability of clicking at restrict, kick, promote button accidentally. So it depends on how much risks you are willing to take. 

On the other hand, I won't join a group without Co leaders and elders. This means only one person can dumped tasks.

I say 10% to 20% of the Co op Numbers be Co leaders.

We dont really have the kind of co-op that has personality differences, our biggest strength is that we are indifferent to pretty much everything except not respecting reservations.  We get along well but we have some pretty lackluster players, they REALLY dont seem to care.  I was just thinking that everybody being co-leaders would put everybody on equal footing and maybe make people feel more invested in the team.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Senior
dnana1
Senior

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2020 - 1:08 #5

@JayS wrote:
In co-ops where all members are equally active and knowledgeable then all as elder or all as co- strikes me as quite normal.

Know co-ops like that where leadership passes from one to another to another to another...all equals, no problem.

I find being left as member irritating as cannot dump or use invite button to chat to non- coop buddies.
BUT I would avoid promoting new members until after getting to know them, their expectations, experience etc.

Yeah, we have a mix right now.  I know not to promote newbies until they show their game, we have had good luck on that front.  😁
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2020 - 2:10 #6

We started out elevating people to elder so they could dump tasks from the board.  The main reason we elevated most players to co leader was so they could dump partially completed chests during Interseasonal.  Now that’s gone, there isn’t really much practical need for more than one or two with co leader status, but you do need at least one in case something happens to the leader (or the leader’s tablet).  The more you have, the greater the chances of someone accidentally restricting a racer from regatta or kick them from coop.  

The wiki has a nice list of what members can do at each level.

https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Co-op

Being co leader also greatly increases the amount of havoc a Rogue member could cause if somebody pissed them off and they decided to screw your coop up.  Be really, really confident about the member before giving them these abilities.  We’ve read a lot of horror stories of what can happen when an unstable member gets mad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kami2020

Active
Kami2020
Active

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2020 - 11:06 #7

Folks I know and have played with for months are co leadership our small co op.  It’s not a responsibility thing, it is more they are really invested in the co op and it’s success.  New folks can be promoted to elders if they are terrific helpers even if they do not race. We haven’t promoted any newer folks to co leaders lately.  Might keep the core group of existing co leaders and not feel the need to add more.  Time will tell. Haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hicktown

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Oct 2020 - 18:34 #8

The old saying about too many cooks does spring to mind... Leader, Co leader, everyone elder. So far so good
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hootielicious

Hootielicious

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2020 - 3:26 #9

My issue with too many Co-Leaders for me (yes I am one) is that some form clicks and try to (even sometimes successful) change the co op game play. Unfortunately when you do that for example raising the task point minimum people with higher levels tend to forget what it was like at a lower level  and dont realize what consequences would happen to lower levels. Our co op is laid back and a big sister co op that is uber competetive (135xMax). Recently with the relays there was some problems that, to me at least, shows that it is competetive and not so much laid back. Fortunately I am the senior Co Leader and all things end with myself and the leader. I may be in the minority but I play this game to escape from real life and I feel that the coop should have basic rules. Ya want rules up the ying yang well you will need to start paying me a salary. So to that, 2 or three co-leaders are fine
Back to top Go down

Calliie Agrees with this post

View user profile

Gracie

Mod
Gracie
Mod

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2020 - 13:08 #10

We have 6 players in our co-op, 4 are active in the regatta. Hubbs is the leader and I am the co-leader, everyone are elders. This works for us. We have played together for 3 years.
Awhile back, when we had our co-op open, a player joined and immediately asked (demanded) to be promoted to co-leader. Didn’t last long and we changed our settings to closed.
We are much happier this way!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Senior
dnana1
Senior

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2020 - 2:14 #11

Thanks for the input, everyone!  We only have 9 racers this week and we are working well together, except for me having that stupid regatta glitch, so Im not changing anything.  

Thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders? I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Oct 2020 - 2:42 #12

@Hootielicious wrote:
My issue with too many Co-Leaders for me (yes I am one) is that some form clicks and try to (even sometimes successful) change the co op game play. Unfortunately when you do that for example raising the task point minimum people with higher levels tend to forget what it was like at a lower level  and dont realize what consequences would happen to lower levels.

I think the main reason coops eventually split is that players find they want to play a lot more or less competitively than the others.  That tension of some wanting to compete more seriously arises regardless of the member level, whether co leader or elder or member.  Maybe it’s time you invited them to move on if they want to play on a more competitive team.

In my coop, none of the co-leaders would have the audacity to revise the coop rules.  That’s strictly for the leader, and even he wouldn’t do it without a discussion first.
Back to top Go down

KnitAddict Agrees with this post

View user profile
Pros and cons of leader making everybody co-leaders?
Page 1 of 1