Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» "Easy" RoC Wooden League Co-op Question
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Today at 13:57

» Need for seeds is coming soon!
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 19:09

» I wish Township would... and levelling up query
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Yesterday at 16:03

» Are you a Mac player?
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby maycee_shante Yesterday at 12:10

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Sunshine and Rainbows Yesterday at 5:45

» Disappearing crops
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Yesterday at 2:16

» Diggy's Adventure
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 22:09

» Greet Freight should start tomorrow
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 22:09

» Songs of Township
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 19:04

» Admin and moderators?
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 16:08

» R.O.C. Refresher information
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kami2020 Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 14:02

» If You Could Only Choose Five.....
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 1:51

» My last regatta
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 18:15

» Rev and Ride (Feb., 2021)
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 4:28

» Losing Help Number?
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby okaussie3 Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 18:00

» How many here play on Windows?
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 9:20

» Description on the co-op badges of how to achieve them
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:57

» Guess the Holiday
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:07

» Racing Solo
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 4:01

» This is scheduled to start (for all or test group?) February 19.
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 23 Feb 2021 - 19:58

» ADD ME: Friends on Android - iOS - Kindle
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 22 Feb 2021 - 13:13

» Random Township Dreams...
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Sat 20 Feb 2021 - 12:27

» Land expansion
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 19 Feb 2021 - 7:17

» Co-Op Ads
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 19 Feb 2021 - 3:21

What's Your Regatta Style?

Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Cobalt Banana

Cobalt Banana

What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 Empty
What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 4 Sep 2020 - 21:26 #1

First topic message reminder :

There is no right or wrong here, and there is a way to do the Regatta that is so you.

1. You are one of those who speed races to maintain bragging rights on the Global Top Leader Board. People still do this.
This requires Tcash for the task board is flipped with Tcash and tasks are sped up with same. Perhaps that is what was meant
by Givers Only Coop's name. You gave of your Tcash for the team. GOC still does very well in that arena but I am not sure the original 
leader is still there. What was that guy's name?

2. Your Coop always goes for top 3. You just love being on that podium. Nothing wrong with that other than eventually this will give you the killer draw and you will demote back to Silver. As you know, the teams are paired based on how you place. But it is so fun when Monday rolls around and you collect your 
loot.

3. Perhaps you are more relaxed in your approach. You have other games to play and you just don't have time to grind. But there are different degrees of relaxed. Lets examine some relaxed approaches.

A. You or your group does the old bouncy bouncy. The YoYo approach. The idea here is to minimize the time you stay in Gold League. For some, it is a drudge to stay in Gold. To do this optimally, in a Regatta season you will be in Gold League when the season starts so that you can buy the Gold League decoration immediately. Week two you will demote to silver. Week 3 you remain in silver. And Week 4 you win your way back into Gold League. Repeat. Nana was an advocate of this approach at one time. 

B. But wait a minute. What if you are not so sure you could win your way back to Gold League. Making a top 3 for some Coops is not a given. In that case you could be a professional underperformer each week so that you never get the killer draw. It is easy to suck. What we do here  is try to come in somewhere between 6th place and 8th place each week. Some stratagems at your disposal are not doing a task for spells, taking long tasks, sitting on a completed task. and in some cases even failing a task! How fun is that?! There are some downsides though: 1. This style of play might be boring for some.; 2. It is harder to get your share of tokens for decorations. You have to make sure you don't overspend on tokens.; 3. If you overdo it you can get too easy a draw the next week and then you can hardly do any tasks at all. You have to find your sweet spot with this approach.

C. You don't try to stay in any league. Don't worry, by happy! What you do each week is pretty hit or miss in this approach. All you need here is a friend who is in a Gold League Coop. Come Monday, if you decide you just have to have that deco, you hop over there, get your Gold League deco and come back home. This is the ultimate minimalist approach.

D. You have no style, you don't play the Regatta. People that are not decoration junkies typically take this path.

Well, I am sure there are other approaches too. It would be most instructive to hear them. Share what you do, ok?

Kind Regards,
Cobalt
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls, Hakuna matata, BlueSkyTown, Mic Miller, Daisy Duke, Cathy Purr and Rainglaze Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile
AuthorMessage

Cathy Purr

Cathy Purr

What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2020 - 5:50 #20

Hey Buddy! Very Happy

Nice to see you here. 
Excellent depiction, as always. 
My home co-op always did 3-A-ish, but with a twist. Relaxed, we try to stay in gold and get #1 there. With saving points where not needed and a fabulous team we are doing pretty good at that. Right now on the way to beat our own record sailing to our 5th consecutive #1
:wizard:
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eagle.One

Eagle.One

What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2020 - 9:51 #21

I love your description of regatta styles, Cobalt! 

I am a single co-op and when the decos were coming fresh with each new theme, I was a 2, staying in Gold the entire time. Gradually I slipped to a 3 and would try to hop back in to Gold the last week before interseasonal. I never did the interseasonal; I liked the break. 

Now I’m essentially done with regatta. I haven’t done it in maybe a year? It’s been a long time. The decos were the primary driver for me, so when they continuously started to repeat, I hopped totally out. Not sure if I can see myself getting back into it even if there are new decos and they are great (well, maybe for the low-hanging decos I could try to get but climbing back to gold? Grinding through all the tasks?)... I’ve become lazy with Township. And I hate to say it but it feels good! 😁
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Sep 2020 - 14:59 #22

Last week I finished 10th – my lowest finish not counting an interrupted race by a wire-chewing squirrel. This week I took my time waiting for and doing only mining tasks since it was Mine Time. I finished 1st and am now wondering if there is a strategy to placing low one week to get into a "laid-back grouping" the next week for a top finish. (Tokens are not an issue with me as I have most of the decorations and plenty of construction materials.)
Back to top Go down

Rainglaze Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Calliie

Active
Calliie
Active

What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Sep 2020 - 18:00 #23

I will be a 3B. Only first prize are good. So if i my Co op luck out we luck out. It is also less stressful to stay in the Gold league versus trying to win the top 3.

But I am seriously considering moving myself to one of those 16 × 135 group and see if the benefits outweight the stress.

I find the chest prizes more beneficial than the top 3 prizes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eiggam

Eiggam

What's Your Regatta Style? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2020 - 12:07 #24

What a lovely well thought out and amusing post @Cobalt Banana  I love you

I am still finding my regatta style, created a solo coop and now in gold week for 3rd week.

I think I am choosing 3B style. I try to place between 4th and 12th which last 2 weeks looks like I finish everything but the last and wait around for first 3 places to be filled and then buy the last task.

From what I observe, as long as I don't end up in super competitive group, 16*135 will do the trick. I just need to stay clear of first 3 places.

With this approach I will be able to buy everything in yacht club, save tcash (spend only 10 to buy the 16th) and whether I wait around for first 3 or end up wherever depends on the board - I usually do only quick tasks and will wait till they appear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
What's Your Regatta Style?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2