Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Regatta theme - PREHISTORIC WORLD
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Today at 3:20

» Town Visits
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 5:56

» Need for seeds 5/17
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Yesterday at 5:53

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Yesterday at 5:34

» Opting out
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Yesterday at 3:04

» The UTF Music Playlist
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Mon 10 May 2021 - 20:10

» Two-year milestone gifts
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby EWoolf Mon 10 May 2021 - 18:39

» Ruler of the Mine 5.10.21)
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Mike Mon 10 May 2021 - 12:38

» Songs of Township
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 10 May 2021 - 0:02

» Golden Ticket (Splats, Town Fair and Pirate Seeds!!!)
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sun 9 May 2021 - 21:46

» Say Hello!
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 9 May 2021 - 18:38

» Mic's Table
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Sun 9 May 2021 - 14:34

» Prize Wheel
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Sun 9 May 2021 - 2:13

» Township Wiki
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 8 May 2021 - 6:11

» Great freight 5/5
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Mike Fri 7 May 2021 - 11:39

» Character / Customer names - what are they ?
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 7 May 2021 - 10:05

» Township Recipe Book by T&B
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 6 May 2021 - 18:33

» Extremely Risky Info - - be most cautious! Use at your own discretion!
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Thu 6 May 2021 - 18:08

» To solo or not to solo?
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 6 May 2021 - 8:43

» How many here play on Windows?
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Wed 5 May 2021 - 14:20

» Update coming?
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Wed 5 May 2021 - 13:55

» Buccaneer Event Suggestions
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Willow Mist Wed 5 May 2021 - 1:42

» Regatta gold level
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Mon 3 May 2021 - 17:37

» Buccaneer - town level 23 - cream and syrup tasks
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 3 May 2021 - 8:12

What's Your Regatta Style?

Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Cobalt Banana

Cobalt Banana

What's Your Regatta Style? Empty
What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeFri 4 Sep 2020 - 21:26 #1

There is no right or wrong here, and there is a way to do the Regatta that is so you.

1. You are one of those who speed races to maintain bragging rights on the Global Top Leader Board. People still do this.
This requires Tcash for the task board is flipped with Tcash and tasks are sped up with same. Perhaps that is what was meant
by Givers Only Coop's name. You gave of your Tcash for the team. GOC still does very well in that arena but I am not sure the original 
leader is still there. What was that guy's name?

2. Your Coop always goes for top 3. You just love being on that podium. Nothing wrong with that other than eventually this will give you the killer draw and you will demote back to Silver. As you know, the teams are paired based on how you place. But it is so fun when Monday rolls around and you collect your 
loot.

3. Perhaps you are more relaxed in your approach. You have other games to play and you just don't have time to grind. But there are different degrees of relaxed. Lets examine some relaxed approaches.

A. You or your group does the old bouncy bouncy. The YoYo approach. The idea here is to minimize the time you stay in Gold League. For some, it is a drudge to stay in Gold. To do this optimally, in a Regatta season you will be in Gold League when the season starts so that you can buy the Gold League decoration immediately. Week two you will demote to silver. Week 3 you remain in silver. And Week 4 you win your way back into Gold League. Repeat. Nana was an advocate of this approach at one time. 

B. But wait a minute. What if you are not so sure you could win your way back to Gold League. Making a top 3 for some Coops is not a given. In that case you could be a professional underperformer each week so that you never get the killer draw. It is easy to suck. What we do here  is try to come in somewhere between 6th place and 8th place each week. Some stratagems at your disposal are not doing a task for spells, taking long tasks, sitting on a completed task. and in some cases even failing a task! How fun is that?! There are some downsides though: 1. This style of play might be boring for some.; 2. It is harder to get your share of tokens for decorations. You have to make sure you don't overspend on tokens.; 3. If you overdo it you can get too easy a draw the next week and then you can hardly do any tasks at all. You have to find your sweet spot with this approach.

C. You don't try to stay in any league. Don't worry, by happy! What you do each week is pretty hit or miss in this approach. All you need here is a friend who is in a Gold League Coop. Come Monday, if you decide you just have to have that deco, you hop over there, get your Gold League deco and come back home. This is the ultimate minimalist approach.

D. You have no style, you don't play the Regatta. People that are not decoration junkies typically take this path.

Well, I am sure there are other approaches too. It would be most instructive to hear them. Share what you do, ok?

Kind Regards,
Cobalt
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls, Hakuna matata, BlueSkyTown, Mic Miller, Daisy Duke, Cathy Purr and Rainglaze Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2020 - 0:54 #2

Good summary @Cobalt Banana

I flit between no.3 A and no.3 C

It depends what decs I want from the Yacht Club. In a solo co-op I can't hop into another to get the silver and gold decs so if I want them I adopt play style 3 A. When the decs are repeats and I want no more of them, or I just don't want the Gold decoration then I plod about in style 3C. This can bite me in the butt as sometimes (as we never know what the next regatta holds) I have been so relaxed I can't get back into Gold quick enough for the new regatta. Lol this doesn't happen often but I do get caught out rofl,lol

I used to play style 2 for quite a while, but find it more enjoyable to be so relaxed with it now Very Happy

BTW Wasn't the leader of the GOC called Dan? What's Your Regatta Style? 1144858355
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Gracie

Mod
Gracie
Mod

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2020 - 1:50 #3

Our style is similar to 3c. We are pretty relaxed and like to have fun. At the moment, we have 5 racing, 2 on the sidelines helping. We bounce between gold and silver, not always by choice..lol. Want to do well, without making the game a chore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

KnitAddict

KnitAddict

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2020 - 5:51 #4

I‘m Solo too, and try to be in Steel at the end of the season to have enough time to get back in Gold should I want the deco (usually I‘m there for week three). Then I don‘t compete for weeks three and four and am back in Steel. Until now it has worked for me and I must say it has been really relaxing (especially during the last experiments) to have more than one week off between regattas.
Back to top Go down

Calliie Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Daisy Duke

Daisy Duke

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2020 - 6:49 #5

I am a lurker on the forum, lol Smile

I just wanted to say I am so happy to see your posts continue here Cobalt Banana! Your stories and wit was one of my favorite things on the other forum. Thank you What's Your Regatta Style? 3951035613
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kami2020

Active
Kami2020
Active

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2020 - 17:02 #6

Our group is usually in the 2 camp trying for a top 3 placement but when life interferes and we place 6-10 we don’t overly stress about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hicktown

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeSun 6 Sep 2020 - 21:07 #7

Took me the best part of a year to realise a strategy existed. Now trying to gently coax the coop along.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Stella Eaton

Active
Stella Eaton
Active

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeMon 7 Sep 2020 - 13:02 #8

We’re definitely a type 2 co op.....go all out to be in the top three, but if we don’t make it we don’t mind either. If one if us makes a mistake we bite our finger nails until the end of the race but don’t get overexcited if we are demoted to silver because we’ll be back the following week! It’s good fun and we help each other a lot, the key is communication. We’re a happy bunch of three!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeMon 7 Sep 2020 - 20:51 #9

We are none of these.

We play gold league and want to stay there, but don’t make any special effort over where we place beyond staying above the bottom three.  So far, just doing all 135x16 seems to be enough to stay in gold pretty comfortably.  We do occasionally place top 3 and have won gold on rare occasions, but that depends more on the group they put us with rather than any extraordinary effort we make.  Our most common results are somewhere 4th - 8th.

Our fastest racers will finish Wednesday or Thursday, the lower level racers on Friday or Saturday, usually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Senior
dnana1
Senior

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep 2020 - 4:16 #10

Im the leader of a 16 person co-op who prefers the laid-back, no stress approach...Do Whatever You Want.  We dont care at all where we are, altho we pretty consistently stay in silver.  We do the regatta to benefit our individual selves, to further whatever plan we have for our town.  Our only rule is to respect reservations.  I tried to get tough and say reservations for HOL would no longer be allowed and that they could be taken by anyone if they were reserved and they ignored me. I know for sure that at least 3 of them in the past 2 weeks were not done within 12 hours, they just sat there.  Unfortunately, I was done with all my tasks, but I am going to start taking them when the reg regatta starts back up and see if anyone says anything.  I get no responses to any info I post about gameplay, I have no idea if anyone benefits from my efforts or not.  I have been daydreaming this past week about going solo or at least trying to find another slightly more aggressive co-op.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jaytown

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep 2020 - 22:56 #11

Well, I"m racing solo (two person coop with my main town and baby town, but only main town set on racing).

I'm sailing in golden league. Doing 16x135.

My goal was to get the golden sail trophy for coming in first. Since I have the trophy my goal is to stay in gold.  I usually buy the deco available for golden league in the first week of the season. So no problem if I wouldn"t reach my goal to stay in gold. When I'm demoted to silver I"ll try to get back as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Cobalt Banana

Cobalt Banana

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2020 - 3:36 #12

@Daisy Duke wrote:
I am a lurker on the forum, lol Smile

I just wanted to say I am so happy to see your posts continue here Cobalt Banana! Your stories and wit was one of my favorite things on the other forum. Thank you What's Your Regatta Style? 3951035613
Thank you Daisy. I have one more story but I don't want to write it. 

Kind Regards,
Cobalt
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Nana

Nana

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2020 - 12:01 #13

Hi Cobalt. What a great memory you have. I still play 3A most of the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Cobalt Banana

Cobalt Banana

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2020 - 19:26 #14

@Nana wrote:
Hi Cobalt. What a great memory you have. I still play 3A most of the time

Nana, I have nothing but good memories of you and the old forum.

Hope all is well with you my friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

douglasnorth

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeWed 9 Sep 2020 - 22:34 #15

I play on Windows. I play Township to meet people and chat.

I hardly ever stay in one co-op for more than a week. In fact, I usually leave the co-op once I've done the max points possible (usually by day four). I am a hopper, so don't need the chest rewards that come with staying until the end of the race. I find that the chat dies down as people finish all their tasks. Maybe they're off playing another game.

I don't like playing in Gold League. I have my Gold trophy and I don't spend coins on decorations. I prefer to help co-ops advance to the next League.

I'm on my second town after getting to level 74 on the first one. After losing my zoo, I got bored/disheartened and decided to start over (sans zoo). Then I discovered hopping and the game took on a new appeal.

It's interesting to see the different ways that co-ops operate as I bounce around. The co-op where there's no chat but someone is doing tasks in the background. The co-op where the leader elects a new (sole) co-leader each week (demoting the previous co-leader). The co-op where the leader is unsuccessfully trying to get players to communicate and do tasks. And best of all, the co-op that runs like a well-oiled team (excuse the mixed metaphor).

I've been kicked out a few times because of my style, but there are lots of co-ops to join and lots of people to meet, hopefully before the Windows version of Township disappears into the night.

Doug
Windows, level 57
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Andwina

Andwina

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2020 - 5:12 #16

I am in a co-op that is chatty and helpful, we all know each other from playing another game.  We have changed leaders a few times just because sometimes people get busy and don't want the  job all the time. There are 18 members and probably 12 play every single week depending on what's going on all the time. 

I don't think we think about being in the top 3 any time really, some of us like Gold because you get all the chests every week. I like silver because 15 to 16 tasks is hard to do but I hope for some quick ones when I am playing so i can finish with a good total. 

We don't really have a strategy, just play, but one week we actually came in first in Gold so got our Trophy! We were not even trying at all for that. Which makes me wonder if there's a bit of a fix for that in the game, as in: if your Co-op hasn't come first in Two years they make it possible? 

We all wonder how everyone gets all tasks at 135 points. I feel like they use a lot of TS cash to do that? We dump everything under 125 points but otherwise just hope for 135 points. 

I guess we are very casual about our play style. Probably #3 and a cross between A and B
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rainglaze

Rainglaze

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2020 - 12:52 #17

If you werent really trying for first place, you probably got lucky and were placed in a group with other casual racers. You can win without tcash...for me, its all about anticipating which tasks will pop up. I prep factories, have ships loaded, have clovers and mining tools ready...and i dont begin racing until i have a decent amount of quick tasks on the board and everything ready to do them all quickly. If you want all tasks at 135 pts, then dont pick tasks under 135... dump them. And chances are, if you start racing first thing tuesday morning, you will be racing with the hard core racers...think about starting later in the week.What's Your Regatta Style? Screen12
Back to top Go down

Andwina Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2020 - 3:31 #18

In the past we’ve been told there are a number of factors used to put coops into Regatta groups.  First, of course, is number of racers.  Each coop also is assigned a “competitiveness score”  which is used to put teams in with at least some other teams with similar competition histories.  

I think getting put in with less fierce competitors is how we’ve won our Golden Sail trophies as well.  We are usually put into a group with a lot of teams doing all 135, but usually none or only a small number who will be done in a day or two.  Actually, I think two of our wins came in relay season, where the prize often goes to the tortoise with more relays rather than to the hares who finish fastest.

We’ve never waited multiple days to start, but we have found that it doesn’t much matter if we start in the first minute or wait an hour or two.  So, if you are going to try the wait system, be prepared to really wait.
Back to top Go down

Rainglaze Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Hicktown

What's Your Regatta Style? I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Sep 2020 - 19:11 #19

We kind of bumble along the bottom for most of the week, most of the people in the coop have real lives that get in the way of playing the game. It's quite exciting finishing tasks with just moments to go and either just avoiding relegation or the following week (if we failed😭) just getting promoted back up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
What's Your Regatta Style?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next