Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Welcome to our discussions section
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Today at 20:16

» Extremely Risky Info - - be most cautious! Use at your own discretion!
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Bobcat Paradise Today at 17:02

» Regatta theme - PREHISTORIC WORLD
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Bobcat Paradise Today at 16:45

» Opting out
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Today at 12:38

» Songs of Township
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Today at 11:57

» What Other Mobile Games Do You Play
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Today at 10:53

» Hawaiian theme sneak peak.
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Today at 9:37

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Today at 1:30

» Mic's Table
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Yesterday at 11:10

» Ruler of the Mine 5.10.21)
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Yesterday at 11:07

» Town Visits
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Wed 12 May 2021 - 21:26

» Need for seeds 5/17
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Wed 12 May 2021 - 21:24

» The UTF Music Playlist
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Mon 10 May 2021 - 19:10

» Two-year milestone gifts
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby EWoolf Mon 10 May 2021 - 17:39

» Golden Ticket (Splats, Town Fair and Pirate Seeds!!!)
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sun 9 May 2021 - 20:46

» Say Hello!
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 9 May 2021 - 17:38

» Prize Wheel
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Sun 9 May 2021 - 1:13

» Township Wiki
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 8 May 2021 - 5:11

» Great freight 5/5
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Mike Fri 7 May 2021 - 10:39

» Character / Customer names - what are they ?
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 7 May 2021 - 9:05

» Township Recipe Book by T&B
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 6 May 2021 - 17:33

» To solo or not to solo?
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 6 May 2021 - 7:43

» How many here play on Windows?
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Wed 5 May 2021 - 13:20

» Update coming?
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Wed 5 May 2021 - 12:55

Possibly Playrix has a new director

Go down
AuthorMessage

Priscilla the Hun

Possibly Playrix has a new director Empty
Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2020 - 6:42 #1

I have noticed in recent months a rather abrupt shift in the "feel" of the game to a more money-generating atmosphere. Tasks seem harder, but you seem to be encouraged to fix that with cash. I wonder if Playrix has hired someone whose sole focus is to develop new ways for the game to generate even more money for Playrix. Anyone else feel that way too? Any scuttlebutt about new Playrix staff?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2020 - 13:32 #2

I don't know about any changes with staff @Priscilla the Hun but I have felt for a while now there has been a hard drive by Playrix to encourage the spending of money. I think Playrix have been a fast growing company and we are now noticeably seeing the shift in the way the company is ran. And yes quite likely someone has been hired to do just that. 

It's a shame, but unfortunately a natural progression when a company reaches the kind of success levels Playrix has.
Back to top Go down

Arial Heights Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Arial Heights

Admin
Arial Heights
Admin

Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2020 - 18:55 #3

Let’s hope that Playrix takes heed of the discontent at the new feel of TS. I’m really hoping for a return to the days when it was all fun & my place to chill out. 
I’ve never felt stressed as I have over the experiments & the amount of events running through it, and hope never to again. I really couldn’t tell you why it hit me like that, but I’ll be ready for next time. 😊
Back to top Go down

Arial Heights and Priscilla the Hun Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Thruve

Thruve

Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2020 - 5:32 #4

I have no doubt they underestimated the amount of income they’d generate off the first Experiments event. I also would not doubt that the second event generated even more, if not the same, amount of income than the first. Their on a good track but hopefully they realize that this trend will destroy the game it’s self in reference to its player base. It’s an unavoidable pattern it seems so hopefully they are using their capital to invest in other areas/games. They’ve definitely caught onto making sure we receive barn upgrades with each event so we can personally justify the cost of the gold pass, despite the other perks. We shall see..
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls, Arial Heights, Priscilla the Hun and Thruve Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Hooterville

Hooterville

Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2020 - 19:58 #5

I've noticed that 135 tasks during the regatta are popping in less frequently. Has anyone else noticed?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Sep 2020 - 21:20 #6

@Hooterville wrote:
I've noticed that 135 tasks during the regatta are popping in less frequently.  Has anyone else noticed?

It tends to vary for me. I have some weeks where getting 135 tasks are harder than others. As a solo racer relay season is never great  as they take up the space of 135pt tasks. Relays are obviously only worth 130pts  to solo racers, but the algorithm treats them as high point tasks as it doesn't take co-op size into consideration Mad
Back to top Go down

Eiggam Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2020 - 0:12 #7

@Downton Falls wrote:
It tends to vary for me. I have some weeks where getting 135 tasks are harder than others. As a solo racer relay season is never great  as they take up the space of 135pt tasks. Relays are obviously only worth 130pts  to solo racers, but the algorithm treats them as high point tasks as it doesn't take co-op size into consideration Mad

Same thing is true for a duo. We have three members but only my husband and I race. We were just saying it is such a bummer because even if we both did the task we could only get an average of 132.5 for it since it starts below 135. Just takes up room on the board...
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

KnitAddict

KnitAddict

Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2020 - 10:30 #8

And no variety ... I did only three kinds of tasks: HoL, TNT and filling crates. Nothing else popped up. And I hate filling crates ... grrr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Farosinthesun

Farosinthesun

Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2020 - 10:49 #9

My husband and I are also the only ones in the Co-op so do the Regatta together. We prefer doing the little ones though and coming 4th or 5th as you get coins and not stupid bricks etc.
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Stella Eaton

Active
Stella Eaton
Active

Possibly Playrix has a new director I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Sep 2020 - 10:51 #10

@KnitAddict wrote:
And no variety ... I did only three kinds of tasks: HoL, TNT and filling crates. Nothing else popped up. And I hate filling crates ... grrr.
I agree with you, there was little variety this time and a lot of event tasks, which my little co op hated anyway as the knife throwing was too fast! 
We’re a coop of three, so we break even on the relay tasks, but we only ever do helicopter ones as the rest are too slow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Possibly Playrix has a new director
Page 1 of 1