Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Opting out
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Yesterday at 22:42

» Town Visits
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Yesterday at 22:20

» Regatta theme - Primeval - upcoming
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Yesterday at 20:41

» The UTF Music Playlist
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Yesterday at 20:10

» Two-year milestone gifts
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby EWoolf Yesterday at 18:39

» Ruler of the Mine 5.10.21)
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Mike Yesterday at 12:38

» Songs of Township
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Yesterday at 0:02

» Golden Ticket (Splats, Town Fair and Pirate Seeds!!!)
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sun 9 May 2021 - 21:46

» Say Hello!
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 9 May 2021 - 18:38

» Mic's Table
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Sun 9 May 2021 - 14:34

» Need for seeds 5/17
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sun 9 May 2021 - 12:47

» Prize Wheel
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Sun 9 May 2021 - 2:13

» Township Wiki
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 8 May 2021 - 6:11

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Fri 7 May 2021 - 14:04

» Great freight 5/5
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Mike Fri 7 May 2021 - 11:39

» Character / Customer names - what are they ?
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 7 May 2021 - 10:05

» Township Recipe Book by T&B
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 6 May 2021 - 18:33

» Extremely Risky Info - - be most cautious! Use at your own discretion!
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Thu 6 May 2021 - 18:08

» To solo or not to solo?
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 6 May 2021 - 8:43

» How many here play on Windows?
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Wed 5 May 2021 - 14:20

» Update coming?
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Wed 5 May 2021 - 13:55

» Buccaneer Event Suggestions
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Willow Mist Wed 5 May 2021 - 1:42

» Regatta gold level
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Mon 3 May 2021 - 17:37

» Buccaneer - town level 23 - cream and syrup tasks
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 3 May 2021 - 8:12

Connecting to facebook or not to connect?

Go down
AuthorMessage

Peachyville

Peachyville

Connecting to facebook or not to connect? Empty
Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2020 - 7:39 #1

I have always been envious of not being able to choose my own profile pic and thought i was missing out on loads of fun by not connecting to facebook on my game. I never did understand how the game insists on not using real names or sharing private info, yet they constantly drop messages  to connect to facebook to participate in aditional perks etc. Facebook has a policy whereby you have to register with your real name and contact details, problem no 1. I managed to bypass this and created a false facebook account and made sure my contact details were kept annonymous. When i did finally connect to the games facebook page i was horrified to read that some people were complaining about being contacted with inappropriate messgaes from other players affraid. On further reading i found nothing but constant complaining and critising of the game with little to no constructive or helful input from anyone apart from the info dropped by the developers every now and again. Even this info was bombarded with a backlash from unhappy players. 

Well needless to say im elated that i didnt use my real facebook account and have to put up with all that negativity popping up on my timeline all day  cheers

Makes me appreciate this forum so much more. I think im gonna post a link to this forum on my new facebook page dancing banana thanks guys u rock king
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Arial Heights

Admin
Arial Heights
Admin

Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Aug 2020 - 13:18 #2

Thank you so much for your kind words @Peachyville, it means the world to the whole Admin Team that you enjoy your time here - @Downton Falls has made a lovely home for us all. 😁
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Connecting to facebook or not to connect? I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Aug 2020 - 4:40 #3

I have my game connected to my Facebook account and I don’t ever get anything TS on my timeline.

I think there are options in your FB settings where you can restrict FB friends one by one from posting.  I have restricted all my game friends.

There are advantages apart from the option to use your FB profile picture as your TS avatar.  It lets us have a lot more friends than just the 50 the game allows and there is the security of the extra backup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Connecting to facebook or not to connect?
Page 1 of 1