Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Hey Doug!
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Today at 21:31

» The UTF Music Playlist
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Today at 19:59

» Unable to participate in Regatta
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Today at 17:39

» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Today at 17:28

» Regatta Tasks & No. of 135pt tasks vs Co-op size (Racers)
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Today at 16:35

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Wed 28 Jul 2021 - 23:38

» Songs of Township
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 26 Jul 2021 - 22:36

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Mon 26 Jul 2021 - 14:39

» Township Wiki
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 14:11

» How many here play on Windows?
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elby714 Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 0:36

» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 24 Jul 2021 - 17:58

» Buying Market Baskets
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 15:33

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:52

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby A_Jarvis Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 17:52

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:04

» Image for The Great Gatsby/Golden Ticket
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 15:49

» Um...Is My Signature Showing Up?
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 14:43

» Disappearing crops
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 0:04

» Recent Change to Township Wiki
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Mon 19 Jul 2021 - 10:57

» Top Contributor
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 17 Jul 2021 - 19:00

» HELPER requested / OFFERING help / GP tcash Accumulators Message Board!
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 19:01

» Co-Op Ads
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Wakanda Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 15:10

» Fire in the river!
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Bobcat Paradise Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 2:15

» PC update out
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Thu 15 Jul 2021 - 22:44

New topics
» Hey Doug!
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Today at 21:31

» Unable to participate in Regatta
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby catlover88 Today at 17:34

» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 17:59

» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 14:10

» Buying Market Baskets
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Thu 22 Jul 2021 - 22:02

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:52

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:07

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:04

Ready for the next Race of Champions?

Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Gracie

Mod
Gracie
Mod

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 Empty
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 2 Aug 2020 - 13:44 #1

First topic message reminder :

I have mixed feeling about ROC scratch, especially with the Professor Experiments still going on. 
Everyone relax and have fun and remember....it’s just a game  dancing banana 
Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 Bc987210
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuthorMessage

BKNBLK13

Active
BKNBLK13
Active

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 3:23 #20

You know @Mayfield I agree with every single one of your other hands! Kinda Silly, Yet Very True!!!  rofl,lol thumbs Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 2204663260 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

winnie67

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 8:01 #21

ROC now shows "Download complete" message
Back to top Go down
View user profile

CodyLyons

Active
CodyLyons
Active

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 12:43 #22

Well I killed myself on the first ROC and won it. So now I never have to try that hard again! I am a solo racer and therefore didn't opt out. I'll concentrate on the professor's task and place wherever I fall in the ROC.

I could see where a medium to small co-op might have fun trying for a top spot but IMO it is far too much work for a solo racer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 12:55 #23

@CodyLyons wrote:
Well I killed myself on the first ROC and won it. So now I never have to try that hard again! I am a solo racer and therefore didn't opt out. I'll concentrate on the professor's task and place wherever I fall in the ROC.

I could see where a medium to small co-op might have fun trying for a top spot but IMO it is far too much work for a solo racer.

Are the tasks so far this time, easier/harder/about the same as last RoC?

Am flying solo this time so can't compare.
Was with a brilliant team of 4 last time and it felt harder work than what have seen so far solo.

Am irritated to get send planes back to back as I will not be spending TC or boosters on RoC unless am accidentally within grasp of top spots a couple before the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

CodyLyons

Active
CodyLyons
Active

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 14:19 #24

So far it seems the same to me Jay. I've started out with transport tasks, feed tasks, mine tasks. No factory tasks yet but I remember the prep list being a PERFECT tool to progress quickly through the tasks. Last time ... To come in first ... I continuously ran 3 boosters and spent 7 days grinding on tasks. I didn't pay to speed anything up though. But this time I am just going to putz along and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Cobalt Banana

Cobalt Banana

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 17:55 #25

Golly Gamma Ray another ROC! Pretty exciting stuff eh? 

It is time for me to take the minimalist approach
and do one task and wallet the 55,000 coins.

That aint workin' that's the way you do it.
Money for nothin, give the event the freeze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

CodyLyons

Active
CodyLyons
Active

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 18:54 #26

Ok my newest "earn a gift" task is to grow 13 Silk plants in six hours. WTH? I can't even do that running the 40% off grow task! Not cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Willow Mist

Active
Willow Mist
Active

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 20:32 #27

@Cobalt Banana wrote:
Golly Gamma Ray another ROC! Pretty exciting stuff eh? 

It is time for me to take the minimalist approach
and do one task and wallet the 55,000 coins.

That aint workin' that's the way you do it.
Money for nothin, give the event the freeze.

Laughing love that attitude . . . ?you get $55,000? we only get $25,000 . . . 
now i'm feeling ignored by TS . . .  Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 1714530595
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 21:04 #28

@JayS wrote:

Are the tasks so far this time, easier/harder/about the same as 

I’ve opted out this time, but my coop members who are racing are finding the tasks are smaller, but the key points earned are really smaller.  Some of the reduced quantity is probably because there are only 3 racers this time instead of 6.  It sounds like it is still a tremendous effort, resources, and a lot of boosters spent for really pitiful rewards.  I hope those last two rewards are pretty great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

winnie67

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 Aug 2020 - 9:36 #29

After all the complaints from the 1st race, playrix did the only logical thing (to playrix) and made the whole thing even worse...i mean 3 and 5 point tasks get you nowhere real fast. and i'm not touching the BIG rewards to earn.

We really wanted to give it another chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 5 Aug 2020 - 16:27 #30

I feel like the tasks are easier this time in general. However, it seems the reward chests are hard to come by and they are much harder to complete in the time frame given. Not to mention the rewards are useless.. a couple of mine tools? Sigh. We were giving it another try aiming for the reward chests only and not concentrating on trying to place 1-3, but at this rate we will have to try all week for reward chests with crummy returns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2020 - 14:21 #31

I don’t understand why anyone even bothers with this event.   Just because it’s there doesn’t mean you have to do it.  

It demands so much time and consumes far more resources, tools, boosters/ jewels than anything you are going to get back.  It makes no sense at all unless you are addicted or compelled, in which case the devs are playing you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsion_loop
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Arial Heights

Admin
Arial Heights
Admin

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2020 - 14:35 #32

@Mayfield wrote:
I don’t understand why anyone even bothers with this event.   Just because it’s there doesn’t mean you have to do it.  

It demands so much time and consumes far more resources, tools, boosters/ jewels than anything you are going to get back.  It makes no sense at all unless you are addicted or compelled, in which case the devs are playing you.

I agree @Mayfield, once I started last time I was completely hooked & couldn’t leave it alone, and the rest of the co op felt the same. 
I’m in a much better space opting out, although a 100 TC would have been lovely. 😁
Back to top Go down
View user profile

E.

E.

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2020 - 14:49 #33

we can get 7 rewards for doing the timetasks. Has someone done all 7 yet? If so, what did you get as last reward? And did you get a booster as reward, at the end or in between?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2020 - 15:33 #34

I *think* we may have just hit our 7th reward? I didn't really keep track of how many we've had and I know we missed out on one. This one was 9 Tcash and 3 Platinum ingots. Our last reward was 8 Tcash and 3 gems.So I guess they do get better. I'll update if we get one more chest. Would be very nice to get a booster. Before these two good rewards we were just getting tools and materials.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2020 - 15:51 #35

@Mayfield wrote:

Township is a series of compulsion loops. That's a fact. I find the condescending tone and suggestion of mental disorders here completely unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eiggam

Eiggam

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2020 - 16:22 #36

Our relaxed approach by putting effort only into the ones with the gift is paying off.
Normal planes, trains, helis, hols and boats make tasks change. Also feeding that is required for the prof experiment.

We got really nice gifts. Each one gets a different gift, for example for last one, members of the co op got 3 red gems and zoo cards, gold ingots and advanced farming and I got 8 t cash and active cooperation.
All that for sending 3 planes in this task.

I am quite happy with this, it is only our approach that needed to change and with that, event is quite enjoyable  Very Happy

And much less demanding than professor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Aug 2020 - 0:46 #37

@just_a_minute wrote:
think* we may have just hit our 7th reward? I didn't really keep track of how many we've had and I know we missed out on one. This one was 9 Tcash and 3 Platinum ingots. Our last reward was 8 Tcash and 3 gems.So I guess they do get better. I'll update if we get one more chest. Would be very nice to get a booster. Before these two good rewards we were just getting tools and materials.

Last time, the last two rewards were a definite improvement on the earlier ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

E.

E.

Ready for the next Race of Champions? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 7 Aug 2020 - 8:58 #38

I asked because first ROC both me and my team-mate got a booster as last reward.

This time she got a better 5th and 6th reward than me (more Ttickets and better ingots), but I got a mining booster and she got gems at the end.
So therefore I wondered if we were not on last reward yet (lost count). But as we are a day later, it must have been last.

So really different rewards in one team. Don't like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ready for the next Race of Champions?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next