Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» If You Could Only Choose Five.....
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Today at 3:39

» Losing Help Number?
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby okaussie3 Yesterday at 18:00

» Rev and Ride (Feb., 2021)
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Lutka48 Yesterday at 15:36

» How many here play on Windows?
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Yesterday at 9:20

» Description on the co-op badges of how to achieve them
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:57

» Guess the Holiday
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:07

» My last regatta
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Thu 25 Feb 2021 - 20:32

» Songs of Township
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Thu 25 Feb 2021 - 17:22

» R.O.C. Refresher information
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 23:55

» Racing Solo
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 4:01

» This is scheduled to start (for all or test group?) February 19.
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 23 Feb 2021 - 19:58

» ADD ME: Friends on Android - iOS - Kindle
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 22 Feb 2021 - 13:13

» Random Township Dreams...
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Sat 20 Feb 2021 - 12:27

» Land expansion
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 19 Feb 2021 - 7:17

» Co-Op Ads
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 19 Feb 2021 - 3:21

» Snow Ride (Feb., 2021)
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Thu 18 Feb 2021 - 17:02

» Jungle Regatta 135 points task
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Wed 17 Feb 2021 - 10:04

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 18:41

» Township Wiki
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 12:28

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 17:09

» Crazy Orders
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 23:52

» How does one get Caesar avatar?
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 21:48

» Jungle Regatta 3 (Feb 2nd)
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 9 Feb 2021 - 5:07

» Are you a Mac player?
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 13:57

Tool exchange

Go down
AuthorMessage

E.

E.

Tool exchange Empty
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2020 - 8:19 #1

I SO dislike the tool exchange....

I am trying to prepare for the next update, the new community building. Luckily I had some tools saved, but still need more. however.... if I get 1 glass a day out of 12 trains/ 3 planes/ HOL etc. a day i am relieved.... Slabs all over, some bricks, but glass.... So I keep deleting exchange offers all over, but they all want.... glass.

Tool exchange: worst change of the game in years, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

Tool exchange Empty
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2020 - 8:48 #2

Plant a zoo enclosure needing bricks and glass???

I like the tool exchange. Remember how badly barn creaked at the seams before it. It most definitely isn't what people asked for though - a way of swapping tools to overcome imbalance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

E.

E.

Tool exchange Empty
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2020 - 11:39 #3

@JayS wrote:
Plant a zoo enclosure needing bricks and glass???

I like the tool exchange. Remember how badly barn creaked at the seams before it. It most definitely isn't what people asked for though - a way of swapping tools to overcome imbalance.

Zoo.... I stopped that a long time ago because of the many many tools it needs. I never liked zoo much. only the restaurant things, selling and so. But they disappeared.... Ah well, since then I do have an enclosure open needing slabs and glass. So that doesn't help now.

Concerning rate: it has never been so bad before  the exchange building as (always) after.... Especially slabs. If I had a store selling slabs I would be so rich now...

And third thing: I have lost oversight with this thing. Always having to check first what I need, what I have, deleting order, waiting for new.

No, after all this time I am still not used to it and woukd even pay lots to get rid of it (for something better in return of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Active
dnana1
Active

Tool exchange Empty
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2020 - 11:58 #4

Do you have your trains boosted to level 21 to get them moving twice as fast?  It changed my game, and my relationship to the Tool Exch, bigtime when I learned about that!

I also put the TX next to my train station so I could see when it had an offer right away.

Having multiple zoo enclosures under construction (I have 7, newbie mistake, and I hate the zoo) messes with the train algorhythm, its trying to fill orders for all buildings at the same time.  It doesnt count the CB we dont have yet, so dont expect to see the items you are trying to save for that except in the normal random distribution. 

Above all, be patient.  After I understood all these things, especially the TX, I completed 5 CBs in 3 months and really enjoyed doing it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

Tool exchange Empty
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2020 - 19:18 #5

I have a zoo enclosure I'm waiting on boards for.  I have way more glass than I need so like @E. I've been trying to exchange out glass for what is supposedly needed.  I keep dumping anything that wants boards in the TX but it isn't working.  TX keeps asking for bricks and boards, one of which is needed elsewhere and the other I don't have many of to begin with since the zoo enclosure I just finished several days ago wiped me out for them.

Once this enclosure is built, no more (have one that it keeps reminding me about) for awhile.  I concentrate of the new CB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

E.

E.

Tool exchange Empty
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 7:10 #6

@dnana1 wrote:
Do you have your trains boosted to level 21 to get them moving twice as fast?  It changed my game, and my relationship to the Tool Exch, bigtime when I learned about that!

I also put the TX next to my train station so I could see when it had an offer right away.

Having multiple zoo enclosures under construction (I have 7, newbie mistake, and I hate the zoo) messes with the train algorhythm, its trying to fill orders for all buildings at the same time.  It doesnt count the CB we dont have yet, so dont expect to see the items you are trying to save for that except in the normal random distribution. 

Above all, be patient.  After I understood all these things, especially the TX, I completed 5 CBs in 3 months and really enjoyed doing it!

I learned having just one building in construction from early on. So that can’t be it.

Yes, I put the exchange building far away. Cause I like my town to be realistic and I have no room nearby trainstation...

I thought of trains leveling higher, but I can hardly cope with this lot I get every day as it is, it demands too much for me. So even more is no option.
I'll consider it though as I have almost leveled up all other things I wanted.

Problem for me is I had completed all general community buildings when exchange building was introduced. So got not much chance to get used to it while building up slowly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Active
dnana1
Active

Tool exchange Empty
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 16:19 #7

@E. wrote:
@dnana1 wrote:

I learned having just one building in construction from early on. So that can’t be it.

Yes, I put the exchange building far away. Cause I like my town to be realistic and I have no room nearby trainstation...

I thought of trains leveling higher, but I can hardly cope with this lot I get every day as it is, it demands too much for me. So even more is no option.
I'll consider it though as I have almost leveled up all other things I wanted.

Problem for me is I had completed all general community buildings when exchange building was introduced. So got not much chance to get used to it while building up slowly.
I also go for a realistic and natural layout.  My fields, farms, and factories are close by the trains and my TX blended nicely into my factory area, not really next to the trains because I didnt want to move fields, but they are both in the same screen.  

Tool exchange 20200711[/url]
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eagle.One

Eagle.One

Tool exchange Empty
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 16:40 #8

There’s a new community building in the pipeline? Where is all this type of update/spoiler stuff located?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Tool exchange Empty
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 17:18 #9

@Eagle.One wrote:
There’s a new community building in the pipeline? Where is all this type of update/spoiler stuff located?

You can find it in the link below @Eagle.One Very Happy 

Spoiler Alert
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eagle.One

Eagle.One

Tool exchange Empty
Tool exchange I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 17:23 #10

Many thanks!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tool exchange