Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Lucky Coupon, June 19, 2021
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Today at 17:47

» Songs of Township
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Today at 17:21

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Today at 1:19

» Food, Hobbies, anything else off-topic!
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Today at 0:34

» The UTF Music Playlist
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Yesterday at 23:34

» Next Regatta Season
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 16:19

» Delayed Start ROC
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 21:46

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 11:10

» RoC FAQ by T&B and the Leaders of Township /June 15-21
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Arial Heights Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 0:22

» Question about selling houses
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 0:57

» Great Freight (6-14-21)
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:33

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 19:22

» Township Wiki
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Adarsh13 Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 11:46

» Mic's Table
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Thu 10 Jun 2021 - 23:32

» My First Stab....
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Thu 10 Jun 2021 - 1:59

» Transfer My Game
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby sue Wed 9 Jun 2021 - 17:49

» Jungle Quest is here 6/3 (plus share & find lucky towns here)
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 9 Jun 2021 - 1:06

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Lutka48 Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 20:31

» Update is here/IOS
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Fri 4 Jun 2021 - 13:53

» When your contractor subs out to some dude he picked up at Home Depot.
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 21:50

» WTFIT??? The acronym thread
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 18:59

» 50 friends?
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 14:52

» What are your top 3 favorite t.v / telly shows?
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 6:00

» Over 1000 members!
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Campogiro Tue 1 Jun 2021 - 23:16

New topics
» Delayed Start ROC
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 11:30

» Lucky Coupon, June 19, 2021
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 20:03

» Great Freight (6-14-21)
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:09

» Next Regatta Season
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 11:54

» Question about selling houses
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby CaseMoline Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 1:32

» RoC FAQ by T&B and the Leaders of Township /June 15-21
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 21:06

» Transfer My Game
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby sue Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 14:52

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeby Mike Mon 7 Jun 2021 - 14:00

Hammer Time

Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Gracie

Mod
Gracie
Mod

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2020 - 1:07 #1

Hammer Time 28dda210
Thanks go to Becky Choi for the photo!

Collect fuel to play. It refreshes for free or you can purchase with Tcash. You can also get fuel in gift balloons and win at the HOL.

Hmmm...palm trees, sand, water, tropical breezes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2020 - 23:39 #2

It's been a while since an event has had a couple of decs I really want. I have been waiting ages to get the glass bridge and I love the cozy tropics dec . I will post my pics in the design section. 

As for playing the event, so far I am doing okay. I have completed 11 out of 29 upgrades in my room. I  was gutted I didnt complete the last room so am determined to finish this one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2020 - 7:15 #3

I did fine in the last one and I feel like I'll complete this one. But I really dislike that my boards have been super hard. I've done reasonably well the last 2 fill ups, and so, I guess, you're doing well playrix likes to give you super hard boards with tons of moving column things so you can be sure to fail and get 3 points instead of 27. Such @&%$.

Anyway, I like the deco for the room this time at least.

And I was really pleased to get a few new island decorations, since I'm  pretty limited there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2020 - 12:13 #4

If anyone wants to take a better screenshot of their finished room, I recommend the image that is displayed when they congratulate you for its completion. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2020 - 19:12 #5

Today has not been a good day for me in this event. With 30 fuel to start the day, I completed exactly 1 full run.  Since those first 6 runs, I might finish 1 out of 4 if I'm lucky.

I truly think my perception is off right now since my eyes are bothering me due to allergies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2020 - 20:15 #6

@HavaDrPepper wrote:
Today has not been a good day for me in this event. With 30 fuel to start the day, I completed exactly 1 full run.  Since those first 6 runs, I might finish 1 out of 4 if I'm lucky.

I truly think my perception is off right now since my eyes are bothering me due to allergies.

I had a lot of trouble yesterday. But I used the tape measure once and it helped me with my timing, and I'm doing much better now. I've found that, rather than trying to figure it out with your eyes, it works better to count (i know that seems weird). It's not completely fail safe, but I'm a lot more consistent when counting and letting go instead of trying to figure it out visually (because when those columns change direction the perspective changes). So using the tape measure once or twice can give you an idea of the timing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2020 - 21:39 #7

Since this is not a timed game you can take as much time to size your bridge. If you are going up and to the right, extend your bridge until the top reaches a point that makes an equilateral triangle with the start and finish points. Going down and to the right is harder but if you measure the distant (literally or mentally) you can take that distance straight up and release. Sometimes there is a longer span for which you can use the progress bar to guide your stop point. Sliding towers (sliders) are either back and forth or sideways. For the former slider it is best to let it come to you and then, as it moves away, start your bridge chase by adding 15-25% more to the nearest distance. For the latter sliders it is best to wait until it hits its maximum side slide to start your bridge knowing you have the distance already visualized in your mind. In the beginning concentrate on hitting the tower. Forget about points and those rectangular markers. Practice visualizing the release point and then stop there so your bridge drops and you do not fall. With patience and time you will start to "see" the towers' release points more readily on the screen. Sooner or later your subconscious will kick in and then you can "feel the Force" to begin landing spot on. Ignore 2x timers and don't get rushed. This is like long putting on a golf green to your mind. Use a tablet or computer screen if you can. Hope this helps some of you and good luck finishing your room! Smile

Note: This post is for general consumption and is not directed at anyone.

Last edited by Mic Miller on Sun 26 Jul 2020 - 22:17; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added footnote.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeSun 26 Jul 2020 - 22:12 #8

FWIW, I had no problem with this event the last time it was on.  I also was not having vision problems due to allergies at the time.

I've got 19 of the 30 done. I'm sure I will get all 30, it will probably take me the whole time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 3:14 #9

@HavaDrPepper wrote:
FWIW, I had no problem with this event the last time it was on.  I also was not having vision problems due to allergies at the time.

I've got 19 of the 30 done. I'm sure I will get all 30, it will probably take me the whole time.
I did much better last time too. I don't know about other players, but my boards are much harder than they were last time around. I've had a few where there were 3 moving pieces, one after another, and then more later on the track. That's more moving parts than the last time I played this. 

I don't remember what the point requirements were for objects last time. But this time around the last 6 are pretty high (one is 300 and another 470?). I'm working on the last 6 right now.

Last edited by Zealous on Mon 27 Jul 2020 - 3:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eagle.One

Eagle.One

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 3:47 #10

I’m almost done with the second stage of this event, and I’ve just about had it. The amounts of tickets it is taking for this event have increased dramatically from the last time, and it’s annoying. 

My biggest issue with this event is the progress bar that is always at the top center of the screen. Well, that and the little “2x” icon when you get double points. These two things block the arc the road passes through on longer jumps. It has caused me to miss so many times it’s unbelievable — and unacceptable. Do our screens always need to be jammed to the brim with crap? Can’t they put this stuff somewhere else less obtrusive and problematic? With a full bundle of fuel, I’m lucky if I make two successful runs. And I’m so ticked off. 

If I weren’t wanting to make sure I finish the darn thing, I would have easily washed my hands if it. Just like I’ve done with most events at this point and also the regatta (thought the regatta would be a temporary thing but I can’t ever see myself going back in and slaving over the boring tasks for boring and repetitive rewards. My regatta timeout is increasingly looking like a permanent break.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 4:07 #11

@Zealous  According to the wiki, there were 27 items in the first room.  The highest number of tickets needed were 250 for both item numbers 26 and 27.

The wiki is updated for 28 of the 29 items needed this time around.  Highest ticket number is 420 for the model ship (#25 listed on the wiki).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 9:00 #12

The last item (aquarium fish) is 500 tickets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 13:55 #13

Well, isn't that interesting.  Thanks @Mic Miller for letting us know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

CodyLyons

Active
CodyLyons
Active

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 14:14 #14

I don't mind mini events being hard and challenging. I don't much mind outrageous points needed per earned item as we have this round. What really ticks me off is how flippin' glitchy these mini events are becoming. (the snowboarding event was virtually unplayable). I mess up enough without the game doing it for me. The bridge extension either stutters or jumps which throws off my timing. It is super frustrating and no fun. And I will NEVER pay to restart if the game messes me up and makes me fall. Even if the end is in sight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Willow Mist

Active
Willow Mist
Active

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 14:17 #15

Question, has anyone completed it and received the land expansion reward? A friend reminded me, last time around, there was a problem with people getting the expansion and the bots telling them they already received it. Was the last room or a different one? Has anyone gotten the expansion to confirm if it is coded right? Thx,
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eagle.One

Eagle.One

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 15:44 #16

I don’t mind events being hard or challenging, either, or even for them to take a long time to complete for that matter.

What I have a huge problem with is that this particular event is so rigged against the player it’s a bit comical. You can literally see and feel the rigging attempts every single run. Whether it be for the deliberate pylon distances set up to “just miss”, the many multiple moving pylons at once, the overweighted “right turns” where you bring the road down toward the bottom of the screen (which this interferes with the bar at the top)... Couple that with the major increase in needed tickets to progress. I mean, there was a major effort to make this run of the event massively different than the first time through. 

I get it, they need to balance. But they veered too far and missed in my opinion. I don’t like a super easy event but nor do I like one that irritates me every time I engage with it. Maybe Playrix was the victim of the progress bar at the top of the screen lol...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 16:07 #17

@Eagle.One I have seen some of the things you mention as rigging attempts on the runs.  What gets me is that the road comes down in exactly the same place on 2 different pylons yet one is a good placement and the other is a drop off.

They seem to go to the extremes when trying to "fix" things whether it be regular gameplay, special events or mini events.

Small, subtle changes in steps should be the course of action instead of the gung ho let's do all the changes at once mindset.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Gracie

Mod
Gracie
Mod

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 16:09 #18

I have been taking my slow and methodical time on this event. No reason, just the way it is at the moment.  Hammer Time 1248777999  So far, i haven’t noticed any glitches. When I fall, it is my fault...I think??? Guess it’s time for me to get seriously busy:rts:
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

Hammer Time Empty
Hammer Time I_icon_minitimeMon 27 Jul 2020 - 19:23 #19

I had glitches at the beginning. But I think the update was removed from my tablet a couple days ago (it gave me a message to download something and then said I was playing on an earlier version. I did not download the thing, so I am apparently playing on an earlier version. Anyway...) and it has been running without glitches. 

Yes, it's definitely stacked against the player, more so, than last time around. I have way more consecutive moving objects, and some that move at a trickle pace so you don't notice they're moving right away and might miscalculate as a result. The thing I'm finding really annoying is the arbitrary choices of whether or not I've missed the column. There will be some where I'm right on the edge and almost missed, but it says I made it. And then others where I'm right on the edge and it says I missed. The last turn I had this exact thing happen, and I was on the edge in the same spot both times, but the one was connected and the next one was a fail. Totally stupid.

And I agree about the right turns, which is why I've switched to counting rather than looking to see how far to extend it. I still do miss sometimes, but way less often. And it's usually because there's so many moving pieces. Visually, it's disjointing.

I don't mind a challenge, and I actually kind of like the game. But there is a lot of negative feedback within the mechanics, from the high points for objects to the intentionally confusing visuals, arbitrary  hit or misses, and, of course, losing 90% of your points when you fail. Challenging is fun, but when there's an imbalance of negative feedback it takes the fun away. When I can see that they're trying to trick me, rather than just give me a challenge, that's super annoying.

I like the decor for this room though. However, I do wish we could choose not to finish the whole room and still get to keep it. There's a couple things I would skip if I could, just because I don't want them. 

P.s. I also find those super short paths annoying. Don't give me a short path that's super easy and then only give me 15-20 points for completing it. That's a waste of my 5 cans, especially when the last few objects cost such a high amount.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hammer Time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next