Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Lucky Coupon, June 19, 2021
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Today at 17:47

» Songs of Township
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Today at 17:21

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Today at 1:19

» Food, Hobbies, anything else off-topic!
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Today at 0:34

» The UTF Music Playlist
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Yesterday at 23:34

» Next Regatta Season
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 16:19

» Delayed Start ROC
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 21:46

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 11:10

» RoC FAQ by T&B and the Leaders of Township /June 15-21
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Arial Heights Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 0:22

» Question about selling houses
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 0:57

» Great Freight (6-14-21)
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:33

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 19:22

» Township Wiki
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Adarsh13 Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 11:46

» Mic's Table
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Thu 10 Jun 2021 - 23:32

» My First Stab....
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Thu 10 Jun 2021 - 1:59

» Transfer My Game
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby sue Wed 9 Jun 2021 - 17:49

» Jungle Quest is here 6/3 (plus share & find lucky towns here)
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 9 Jun 2021 - 1:06

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lutka48 Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 20:31

» Update is here/IOS
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Fri 4 Jun 2021 - 13:53

» When your contractor subs out to some dude he picked up at Home Depot.
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 21:50

» WTFIT??? The acronym thread
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 18:59

» 50 friends?
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 14:52

» What are your top 3 favorite t.v / telly shows?
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 6:00

» Over 1000 members!
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Campogiro Tue 1 Jun 2021 - 23:16

New topics
» Delayed Start ROC
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 11:30

» Lucky Coupon, June 19, 2021
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 20:03

» Great Freight (6-14-21)
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:09

» Next Regatta Season
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 11:54

» Question about selling houses
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby CaseMoline Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 1:32

» RoC FAQ by T&B and the Leaders of Township /June 15-21
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 21:06

» Transfer My Game
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby sue Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 14:52

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mike Mon 7 Jun 2021 - 14:00

benefits to your playing style

Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Active
Zealous
Active

benefits to your playing style - Page 2 Empty
benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 3:30 #1

First topic message reminder :

Someone asked me today why I choose to play without restoring the coop. Obviously I can't compare playing with the coop unlocked to playing without, since I have not done so. But I can share some reasons I like playing without that feature. And I would also be interested in the reasons others might not utilize this feature (because I know there are other players who haven't opened it and I know there are also solo coops), as well as, why players enjoy that part of the game. 

The main reason I never opened it, to begin with, is time. I didn't have the time, when I first started the game. I've played other games where you have team obligations, and I didn't want to put myself in a place of commitment when I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it. I wanted to just be able to show up and play for a little bit, work on some of my goals, play more slowly and figure out what I wanted to do, and whether I was even going to like it. I didn't want to deal with any sort of team aspect until I worked all that out. In addition, I noticed that each feature opened changed what you would get in boxes and from Ernie. I wasn't excited to get zoo cards after opening the zoo. Therefore, I didn't want to add another feature and have something else change (ps. since I don't have the coop open I get tcash for those chat stickers. I like, that)

Then, after I figured some things out, I decided that I wanted to make my main focus, trying to build my town the way I want with the tools available through the game. So part of that is managing my land, and making choices about which factories, community buildings and houses and I will and won't buy, as well as, how to do that, while also figuring out how I will go about getting access to the areas I want, on the grid. Working on these goals, as well as, keeping up with my trains, upgrading factories, making coins, working on the zoo, etc., was enough game for me, so I didn't want to add anything to that. Believe it or not, trying to figure out how to open the land on the other end of the grid, while you're still on the left side, takes a bit of planning. And it also takes some planning to figure out how to build a town that will be the town of "now" while also having land designated for community buildings, factories and houses that won't be available until 20 levels later.

I really like that Playrix doesn't have the trains request things from factories you haven't built, so I am not "required" to build them. But because I have not built them all, I am more limited in what I could do in a team environment. I don't want to worry about not contributing enough. But I am meeting all my personal goals, and I have been able to encorporate, "team play" by helping with neighbor orders, as well as using my help requests to help my friends list people get more easy clovers. I don't really "need" help too often, because of my play style. But I like providing opportunities for easy clovers for other players. 

With the mini games, events and competitions I find that there's enough to do so that I haven't felt like I'm missing anything by not restoring the coop. I would say, the only reason I would like to open the coop is so I could do regattas once in a while. But since that doesn't seem like something you can do on a once in a while basis, I'm content to skip it all together, at least for now.

I guess players who aren't into the decorating aspect of the game wouldn't find this playing style all that enjoyable. I know there are plenty of players who are in it for the competition. But for me, playing this way is quite satisfying. I know things could change, but this is where I am right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuthorMessage

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2020 - 16:26 #20

@Buckeyes wrote:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My university is almost exactly the same!  It's bounded by a high green hedge; has a "quad" in the middle with a statue (it's founder?); also a tennis court and a ballfield.  Just wish I could have a sign with it's name!

My mine and foundries are also tucked up against the mountain.  There's a hotel at the base of the waterfall...that's all else I can think of.  OH!  and the factories that are food are over in town, more like restaurants.  It's a hoot!  Just wish we had more houses and fewer big buildings.

Think they would do a Brutus statue for us???

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Buckeyes

Buckeyes

benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2020 - 19:23 #21

Brutus????  Nah...maybe a Bobcat?   benefits to your playing style - Page 2 1f606  benefits to your playing style - Page 2 1f600  benefits to your playing style - Page 2 1f618
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

benefits to your playing style - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2020 - 20:13 #22

@Buckeyes wrote:
Brutus????  Nah...maybe a Bobcat?   benefits to your playing style - Page 2 1f606  benefits to your playing style - Page 2 1f600  benefits to your playing style - Page 2 1f618

Well, if we're going with that conference, give me a Rocket... Oh yeah, I've got those flying all over my town already.   lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
benefits to your playing style
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2