Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Today at 14:38

» The UTF Music Playlist
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Today at 8:28

» Songs of Township
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Yesterday at 22:36

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Yesterday at 14:39

» Township Wiki
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 14:11

» How many here play on Windows?
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Elby714 Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 0:36

» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 24 Jul 2021 - 17:58

» Buying Market Baskets
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 15:33

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:52

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby A_Jarvis Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 17:52

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 0:09

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:04

» Image for The Great Gatsby/Golden Ticket
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 15:49

» Um...Is My Signature Showing Up?
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 14:43

» Disappearing crops
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 0:04

» Recent Change to Township Wiki
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Mon 19 Jul 2021 - 10:57

» Top Contributor
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 17 Jul 2021 - 19:00

» HELPER requested / OFFERING help / GP tcash Accumulators Message Board!
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 19:01

» Co-Op Ads
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Wakanda Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 15:10

» Fire in the river!
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Bobcat Paradise Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 2:15

» PC update out
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Thu 15 Jul 2021 - 22:44

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 13:28

» Don't build the zoo=5TC in place of cards
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Mon 12 Jul 2021 - 3:51

» What is the correct forum to post Co-Op advertisements
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sat 10 Jul 2021 - 8:17

New topics
» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 17:59

» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 14:10

» Buying Market Baskets
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Thu 22 Jul 2021 - 22:02

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:52

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:07

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:04

» Um...Is My Signature Showing Up?
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 1:51

» Image for The Great Gatsby/Golden Ticket
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Mon 19 Jul 2021 - 15:25

benefits to your playing style

Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Active
Zealous
Active

benefits to your playing style Empty
benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 3:30 #1

Someone asked me today why I choose to play without restoring the coop. Obviously I can't compare playing with the coop unlocked to playing without, since I have not done so. But I can share some reasons I like playing without that feature. And I would also be interested in the reasons others might not utilize this feature (because I know there are other players who haven't opened it and I know there are also solo coops), as well as, why players enjoy that part of the game. 

The main reason I never opened it, to begin with, is time. I didn't have the time, when I first started the game. I've played other games where you have team obligations, and I didn't want to put myself in a place of commitment when I just didn't have the time to dedicate to it. I wanted to just be able to show up and play for a little bit, work on some of my goals, play more slowly and figure out what I wanted to do, and whether I was even going to like it. I didn't want to deal with any sort of team aspect until I worked all that out. In addition, I noticed that each feature opened changed what you would get in boxes and from Ernie. I wasn't excited to get zoo cards after opening the zoo. Therefore, I didn't want to add another feature and have something else change (ps. since I don't have the coop open I get tcash for those chat stickers. I like, that)

Then, after I figured some things out, I decided that I wanted to make my main focus, trying to build my town the way I want with the tools available through the game. So part of that is managing my land, and making choices about which factories, community buildings and houses and I will and won't buy, as well as, how to do that, while also figuring out how I will go about getting access to the areas I want, on the grid. Working on these goals, as well as, keeping up with my trains, upgrading factories, making coins, working on the zoo, etc., was enough game for me, so I didn't want to add anything to that. Believe it or not, trying to figure out how to open the land on the other end of the grid, while you're still on the left side, takes a bit of planning. And it also takes some planning to figure out how to build a town that will be the town of "now" while also having land designated for community buildings, factories and houses that won't be available until 20 levels later.

I really like that Playrix doesn't have the trains request things from factories you haven't built, so I am not "required" to build them. But because I have not built them all, I am more limited in what I could do in a team environment. I don't want to worry about not contributing enough. But I am meeting all my personal goals, and I have been able to encorporate, "team play" by helping with neighbor orders, as well as using my help requests to help my friends list people get more easy clovers. I don't really "need" help too often, because of my play style. But I like providing opportunities for easy clovers for other players. 

With the mini games, events and competitions I find that there's enough to do so that I haven't felt like I'm missing anything by not restoring the coop. I would say, the only reason I would like to open the coop is so I could do regattas once in a while. But since that doesn't seem like something you can do on a once in a while basis, I'm content to skip it all together, at least for now.

I guess players who aren't into the decorating aspect of the game wouldn't find this playing style all that enjoyable. I know there are plenty of players who are in it for the competition. But for me, playing this way is quite satisfying. I know things could change, but this is where I am right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Buckeyes

Buckeyes

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 4:22 #2

This is meeeee!  100%.  Only difference is that I opened the darn co-op (don't recall at all why), and a few weeks later somehow accidentally joined one.  benefits to your playing style 1f615   I e-m'd and said it was a mistake, that I didn't want to be in one, but the reply said something like "That's ok--just have fun". 

So I'm not doing any of it and hope they'll kick me out!!! benefits to your playing style 1f604
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 4:30 #3

I could have written 90% of your post... thanks for doing it for me Wink

Another reason I didn't open the co-op was because I had gotten burned many years ago in another game and it left me very leery of opening myself up to connecting with people thru a game.  And, I didn't even add friends until I was in probably level 40 or so. I am also limited to the 50 since I will not connect the game to FB.

Where I do differ from you is that I do enjoy the plane aspect of the game as that is where the majority of my gems come from and I have all of the factories although I did hold off on a few of the last ones until I had the coins.  The other thing I didn't do was open the zoo since I had seen so many complaints about trying to build community buildings and zoo enclosures at the same time.  I finally opened it after the first Prof Verne experiment but it is not a focus of my game.  I will leave orders for days at a time without filling them and I don't ask for help with them very often at all because I just don't feel right about asking people for 9 rubber or something like that.  Right now I have the products for orders but I'm holding off until the next time I have to fill zoo orders in Prof Verne.  Already had to fill 3 orders 3 different times in the first 10 daily tasks.

I also like going at my own pace and don't like being tied to the game as it appears you sometimes have to be during regattas.  I am not a competitive person so that part of the game does not draw me in.

The only thing that has tempted me to open the co-op has been this Prof Verne event.  I just don't see how I can finish if I don't.  Unless there are some higher points for later week tasks, IMO, they have just cut the points required too close to the points available. Never had that problem before.  But, I don't want to get into a co-op in order to fill requests and have it be very cut-throat about doing the regattas.  That's not who I am or who I want to be when playing a game.

I am also not into all the decorations. I've only just recently started doing any design of my town beyond a couple trees here and there and roads.  But I've still got a lot of the residence buildings bunched together.

I am over level 100 playing this way and funny thing is some of the friends I added when I first added friends were around the same level as me.  I've blown by quite a few of them and out of curiosity I checked and a lot of them have the co-op. They've got zoo enclosures and community buildings still waiting on building materials as well. So it appears to me they are stretched too thin in the game and have no direction as to where they are going.

Like you, I find this way of playing satisfactory and I'm fine with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Buckeyes

Buckeyes

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 5:00 #4

I hear ya on the zoo.  I have about 3 enclosures, but so many animals waiting!  I just want to focus on the town, and worry about the zoo later so have one weeks without going there.  Like you, tho, I have been checking recently to see what's needed so I can fill them for Prof V.

AND I'm not big on the decorations, either.  There's a couple I've won that will sit in storage forever--wish we could give them away or sell them or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 5:12 #5

I never did the zoo until vernes. But now I fill half of each order, the hard half, and ask for 3 helps for other halves. I only build an enclosure when I have 3 animals to put in it. But I don't do them often and only started building them recently because I'm not building another community building for a couple levels. 

I want those trees so I need to work on it some. But in the lower levels it wasn't of much interest.

Actually vernes has been interesting because there are a few parts of the game I didn't mess with until they were required in experiments. Some have stuck and I like them now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 5:25 #6

Very interesting, thanks for starting this discussion @Zealous Very Happy

TBH I don't enjoy the regatta much at all now. I am in a solo co-op just for the decorations, and boosters etc from the yacht club. Though with the repeated decos there is usually only one or two if I am lucky that I haven't got already. So we do differ in that I have a co-op, but my reason for not being in a co-op with other members is also that I do not want the obligation that comes with it. The sense of responsibility to get the regatta done is not something I feel I want to commit to right now. 
Boy I am so relieved I was on my own for the RoC! The pressure must have been horrendous affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile

KnitAddict

KnitAddict

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 10:51 #7

I tried different approaches. In the beginning I‘ve been member of a big coop, and later on its leader. After a while it was more work than fun, keeping everybody happy, so I decided to go solo. I‘m in gold, finish the regatta on thursday and have until now no problems staying in gold. I even won, once. But for some weeks now, I don‘t get any satisfaction from the regatta, I suppose, because I have most of the decos. So I seriously contemplate just to stop competing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Gracie

Mod
Gracie
Mod

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 13:29 #8

I just play to have fun! Hubbs and I sit together for hours playing. He is my biggest competitor, although he will disagree. We do the regattas but are very relaxed. At first it was open and we tried to manage 30 members, now we have 7 and are closed. 
Benefits? Hubbs isn’t very mobile and in bed most of the time. He is also legally blind, so playing is a challenge for him. So, we sit and play.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Thruve

Thruve

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 14:05 #9

There’s Coop’s that are extremely laid back and don’t particularly care if you cap out your tasks or even if you bother completing any. This week in my coop I only completed 6/15. I did all the train 🚂 tasks since I focus on completing trains as soon as they come anyway. There’s weeks I’ll just do one task just to reap the benefits once the regatta is complete. We have like 2-3/20 players that always cap out their tasks which has always helped us stay in the same league. Half of our coop doesn’t even participate lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kami2020

Active
Kami2020
Active

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 14:54 #10

I played for a month or so before I restored my co op.  I don’t remember why I actually restored it.  Haha. Then I found a smaller co op to see what it was like.  For a while it was fun and a little competitive, but not extreme.  The leader then went off the rails and I left to form my own co op.  Some of the members of the other co op followed me and we continue to have the same founding members and remain small.  We can be chatty.  I like the interaction.  I wish there was more message capability within the game but understand why the designers have limited it.  I love helping others but don’t like people who only accept help, never give it.   Routinely cull my friends list accordingly. Lol. I love interacting with active, friendly players.  I wouldn’t mind growing our co op for more people looking for the same but haven’t figured out the best way. I liked interseasonal for trying out new people.  Hope it comes back.  I like that this game allows you to take a week off racing but still stay in the co op.  I understand why some people would not want to be in a co op.  Then often come with drama.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Senior
dnana1
Senior

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 15:17 #11

Im not that into decorating, altho I do love placing parks and trees, a holdover from The Sims 4 pc game when keeping your people happy was the overall goal.  I do a realistic natural town with neighborhhods and entertainment districts, a university campus, and all my working stuff together on the left.  

A while ago, I realized that all the activity in my working area...cars and people moving around amongst my farms and factories..was bugging me.  I asked on the forum and was told the roads do not affect gameplay (another hold over from Sims 4, haha), but they are linked to achievements, both of which I already had, so I removed all roads in my working area and replaced them with dirt, sand, and grass just to keep the buildings separated for easy touch access and to retain the open feel.  Its so nice to play in now!  Removing some roads and condensing other areas of town also gave me lots of extra building room without having to buy expansions, so that saves money and barn space!

I see a lot of towns with few roads around their factories and farms but it never occurred to me why.   Im very glad I have this info now so Im just passing it on!

dancing banana
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Buckeyes

Buckeyes

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 15:52 #12

So how do you actually leave a co-op???
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 17:38 #13

@dnana1I also have a "natural" town. I have some decos that I've won and a few that go with my town, but I never had an interest in a lot of the other ones, like animal statues and some of the more whimsical ones. I have all my factories in 1 space to the left too. But the rest of my town is spread out all over the grid with neighborhood sections, entertainment, etc. That's the extent of my decorating. Really, I found the land itself to be one of the best decorations in the game because there's variety.

Anyway, that's another reason I didn't jump into the coop feature. I do the zoo because I want those trees and nature features. Perhaps if those decos were only accessible through regattas I would have opened it to get them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 17:46 #14

@Downton Falls, I didn't realize a player could keep up with everything as a solo player. I always thought that would be too much to do for one person. Interesting to learn that. I always assumed the people who had solo coops didn't really get to be part of the competition aspect, since it would be too hard against whole groups. Good to know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Senior
dnana1
Senior

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 17:52 #15

@Buckeyes wrote:
So how do you actually leave a co-op???

Go into your co-op headquarters and hit the red arrow under your co-op name.  Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 18:04 #16

@Zealous For Regattas, you are matched in competition to other groups of the same number of racing members. So Solo co-ops play either other solo co-ops or they play co-ops where only one member is participating in racing competitions. This levels the playing field Smile

I was in a solo co-op for a long time. I loved it because when I felt like racing I put everything into and could control my own fate. When I didn't feel like racing I could just not race and there was no one there to complain.

Now I am in a co-op with my husband and son, although son doesn't race. It's a lot of fun to play next to your co-op member!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Buckeyes

Buckeyes

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2020 - 4:27 #17

Thanks, dnana1.  I'm out--just hope they don't really care.

My town is also "natural".  Like so many of you, all my factories are to the left--so they are near the train, which is obviously a cargo train (!).  I've a couple over in the town area, which I will move to the industrial park once I can expand and put the airport, flying school and heli pad way on the outskirts of the other side of the river. There are a few houses down near the tracks, a school, and some "older" apartment houses. Then there's a nice straight to the river, with the university on the right, and the farm on the left.  My field is basically one HUGE field, without walks/separate patches.  Generally, the same things get planted in the same places, but if I need lots of something, I just put it all over!

Across the river is the downtown, with town square and other buildings.  More houses going "out of town", and at some point there will be a shopping center/area.  There's a huge city park down by the beach, with a small camping area, a picnic area and the music venue.  North is the fairgrounds, with all the rides, circus tent, etc.  I, also, have lots of the bigger buildings all packed together which shall be moved as expansion happens.  Whew.  sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2020 - 14:23 #18

@Buckeyes

Is it something about being a "Buckeye" that makes us want to put a whole university in our towns?  When I finally did start moving things and organizing better I made a whole area for the university including dorms and classroom buildings.  It also has the TV Tower, Weather Station, Observatory, TV Station, Planetarium along with the Library, Art Gallery, Organ House and Theater.  All of this is in a fenced in area and right at the entrance is the Stadium for those most important football games Wink  All of that is in the area above the river (that I got rid of).  

My farm is below that with my factories below that towards the railroad.  I made a pond at the waterfall for my ducks and otters and the barn beside it. Farms and fields all right there as well... all fenced in. 

I've got the mine on the left by the mountains also near the factories.  All the fun stuff aka amusement park things are over by the bay. A lot of the community buildings that aren't interspersed among the university and amusement park are between the factories and the co-op area of the bay making a downtown area business district.  I left the Town Hall in place and that is the main focus of the business district.  Airport is near the rail station and the heli pad is by the docks on the bay.  The hotel is right there by the airport and railroad station as is the taxi stand.

I'm still working on opening up the land on the right near the mountains. The big residential buildings are squished in there for now. Plans are to make that the suburb or mainly residential area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Buckeyes

Buckeyes

benefits to your playing style I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2020 - 16:13 #19

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  My university is almost exactly the same!  It's bounded by a high green hedge; has a "quad" in the middle with a statue (it's founder?); also a tennis court and a ballfield.  Just wish I could have a sign with it's name!

My mine and foundries are also tucked up against the mountain.  There's a hotel at the base of the waterfall...that's all else I can think of.  OH!  and the factories that are food are over in town, more like restaurants.  It's a hoot!  Just wish we had more houses and fewer big buildings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
benefits to your playing style
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next