Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» If You Could Only Choose Five.....
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Today at 3:39

» Losing Help Number?
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby okaussie3 Yesterday at 18:00

» Rev and Ride (Feb., 2021)
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Lutka48 Yesterday at 15:36

» How many here play on Windows?
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Yesterday at 9:20

» Description on the co-op badges of how to achieve them
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:57

» Guess the Holiday
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:07

» My last regatta
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Thu 25 Feb 2021 - 20:32

» Songs of Township
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Thu 25 Feb 2021 - 17:22

» R.O.C. Refresher information
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 23:55

» Racing Solo
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 4:01

» This is scheduled to start (for all or test group?) February 19.
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 23 Feb 2021 - 19:58

» ADD ME: Friends on Android - iOS - Kindle
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 22 Feb 2021 - 13:13

» Random Township Dreams...
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Sat 20 Feb 2021 - 12:27

» Land expansion
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 19 Feb 2021 - 7:17

» Co-Op Ads
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 19 Feb 2021 - 3:21

» Snow Ride (Feb., 2021)
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Thu 18 Feb 2021 - 17:02

» Jungle Regatta 135 points task
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Wed 17 Feb 2021 - 10:04

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 18:41

» Township Wiki
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 12:28

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 17:09

» Crazy Orders
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 23:52

» How does one get Caesar avatar?
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 12 Feb 2021 - 21:48

» Jungle Regatta 3 (Feb 2nd)
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 9 Feb 2021 - 5:07

» Are you a Mac player?
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Mon 8 Feb 2021 - 13:57

A Lazy way to Compete and win

Go down
AuthorMessage

Rainglaze

Rainglaze

A Lazy way to Compete and win Empty
A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 17:14 #1

I love winning but having played township for over 3 years, I've gotten a bit lazy. I dont always have it in me to fight for 1st place for 4 or more days. Delayed start is my answer. When possible, especially when event items for play arent stored in my barn, i stock up and play last day. That way i can put forth full effort and usually have more stuff stocked than others and easily come in first.

Same for Regatta. I avoid starting a race first thing on a tuesday. This can get you in a hard core, serious group and thats not always my thing lately. I prefer to start thursday or friday after 1pm. This puts me in what i refer to as a slack@ss group. (Can i say that?) In addition, a late start allows you to stack your task board with 5 instant tasks like 8 blue sneakers or 10 olives (which you have ready before you start) or mining etc. Living in an eastern standard time zone, i also find that starting late afternoon lessens my chance of racing against ultra competitive racers from overseas. They dont usually begin racing at 11pm which would be late afternoon my time.

Thanks for the amazing academy of industries tip! All of my factories are at at least 27 (to get max time off) and my 8 most used factories are fully upgraded, as well as trains....and im just now learning that i didnt have to scroll forever!!!! That is the biggest game changing tip i've learned since the hop trick to speed up helicopter orders. Well, i'm actually upgrading my islands for lime and plums so the tip will still come in handy. I enjoy learning new strategies so i am grateful for the tip!
Back to top Go down

Eiggam Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 18:23 #2

Glad you found some useful tips, Rainglaze. As you might guess, I'm one of those types ready and waiting for 5:00am EST every Tuesday.

BTW! You have one of the most beautiful dogs I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rainglaze

Rainglaze

A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 19:53 #3

Haha! I knew without a doubt you are a hard core racer, Mic. I always see you starting events first day too. I used to start 5 am each tuesday..mainly to get first pick of tasks when i was in a large co op. Haha! Plus I was the one who dumped tasks all day to save good tasks for the team....but now that I race alone, I prefer delayed start. Like i said, lazy.

Thanks for the compliment about my puppy. His name is Jack! For years i always adopted the best pets from our local animal shelter...but this time i went for a full bred mini Australian Shepherd. I fell in love with Jack's sire. Saw him on a great breeder's site and had to have a look alike. He's the first puppy i've ever had. Growing up, my family always took in adult strays. So this is a special time getting to raise a pup...we actually got a 2nd one when Jack was house trained at 3 mos. Charlie (short for Charlotte ) is a cutie too. They have been a source of joy during this whole pandemic/stay at home situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 20:12 #4

I thought he was Aussie. I'll bet he's a smarty. Train him well, he's a working dog. We raised German Shepherds and training was paramount. Do it right with your puppies and you will truly enjoy their lives. Good luck! Smile

Hey, you might want to clear out your co-op Inbox once in awhile. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rainglaze

Rainglaze

A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 21:14 #5

Yes, we are working hard to train the pups. They are smart and need to be kept busy and get their energy out. Thank goodness i have had extra time on my hand these past months. I love german shepherds. Grew up with one. Trooper.........why do i need to clear out my co op inbox? Does it get full? Or are you just joking?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 21:30 #6

I sent you congrats for getting CMIV as a co-op invite and since you haven't "declined" it, I can't send again. No joke. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rainglaze

Rainglaze

A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 21:45 #7

Oh! Ok. I will clean out the inbox. 😄Thank you for the congrats. Im proud of that accomplishment. Those mayor events are so competitive. If it wasnt for the transport magnate events, i still wouldnt have CMIV.😜 Congrats to you again too, Mic. You had your CMIV before me and i was drooling for one of my own!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Buckeyes

Buckeyes

A Lazy way to Compete and win I_icon_minitimeThu 3 Sep 2020 - 4:24 #8

Ummm, count me as a newbie, but how does one avoid "hops" when upgrading factories?  A Lazy way to Compete and win 1f62e
Back to top Go down
View user profile
A Lazy way to Compete and win
Page 1 of 1