Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Diggy's Adventure
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Today at 5:43

» Songs of Township
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Yesterday at 19:04

» Disappearing crops
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Yesterday at 18:06

» Admin and moderators?
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Yesterday at 16:08

» R.O.C. Refresher information
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Kami2020 Yesterday at 14:02

» Are you a Mac player?
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Yesterday at 13:14

» If You Could Only Choose Five.....
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Yesterday at 1:51

» My last regatta
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 18:15

» Rev and Ride (Feb., 2021)
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 4:28

» Losing Help Number?
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby okaussie3 Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 18:00

» How many here play on Windows?
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 9:20

» Description on the co-op badges of how to achieve them
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:57

» Guess the Holiday
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:07

» Racing Solo
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 4:01

» This is scheduled to start (for all or test group?) February 19.
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 23 Feb 2021 - 19:58

» ADD ME: Friends on Android - iOS - Kindle
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 22 Feb 2021 - 13:13

» Random Township Dreams...
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Sat 20 Feb 2021 - 12:27

» Land expansion
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 19 Feb 2021 - 7:17

» Co-Op Ads
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 19 Feb 2021 - 3:21

» Snow Ride (Feb., 2021)
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Thu 18 Feb 2021 - 17:02

» Jungle Regatta 135 points task
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Wed 17 Feb 2021 - 10:04

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 18:41

» Township Wiki
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Tue 16 Feb 2021 - 12:28

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Mon 15 Feb 2021 - 17:09

Asking for Helicopter Help...?

Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Eagle.One

Member
Eagle.One
Member

Posts : 31
Likes : 22
Join date : 2020-04-28



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 15:13 #1

Hi All, 

I haven’t been active in the game for awhile and jumped back in this morning only to find that some players are able to ask for help with their helicopter orders. I, unfortunately, either do not have the capability or I just haven’t figured out what to do. 

Is this a permanent thing? Limited to something with gameplay? I love the idea and wish I could get it working in my town. 

Any input is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!! 🌷
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

Posts : 190
Likes : 86
Join date : 2020-04-23



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 15:39 #2

This is a perk from the Professor Verne Event. Those who bought the gold pass and completed tasks giving them the number of points required to get this perk can use it.

Not permanent but will be available to those who get it for another 32 days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eagle.One

Member
Eagle.One
Member

Posts : 31
Likes : 22
Join date : 2020-04-28



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 18:35 #3

Thank you! 

What a great perk! I don’t buy the gold pass so I won’t be able to enjoy it (but I can benefit by getting clovers from a new source!!!) — to be honest I’m not even actively doing Professor this time around. The event has become overdone, the skin is for a building we’ve already received a skin for, and the prizes aren’t really prizes... the co-op stickers are worthless for solo co-ops (me) and even the t-cash is a bit of a joke since there’s never any new event decorations anymore. I don’t want to put up with doing all the tasks I’ve come to dislike to get whatever the final reward is at this point. Opting (permanently?) out of the regatta has really made me realize how much I hate so many tasks. It’s also, coupled with the staleness of every event and the lack of new decos for everything, resulted in my engagement and interest completely dropping off a cliff. I’ve barely opened the game...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Active
Mayfield
Active

Posts : 461
Likes : 181
Join date : 2020-04-22



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 18:41 #4

People have requested this for a long time.  It's nice they found a way to do it, even if only for the event.

I was surprised tho that they don't seem to have put any kind of limit on it, like the 3 per day at the zoo or one crate per train or per plane row.

With copters, the only limit seems to one one open help at a time.  We can request again as soon as that one is filled and sent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

Posts : 432
Likes : 93
Join date : 2020-04-22



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 19:41 #5

@Mayfield wrote:
People have requested this for a long time.  It's nice they found a way to do it, even if only for the event.

I was surprised tho that they don't seem to have put any kind of limit on it, like the 3 per day at the zoo or one crate per train or per plane row.

With copters, the only limit seems to one one open help at a time.  We can request again as soon as that one is filled and sent.

True, and I agree but remember that notion of being careful what we ask for .....

Having not bought the GP this time, I am loving the extra source of clover.  However I doubt this perk will be quite as nice next time round. If Playrix continue with their current policy of bait and switch I will have to find something else to keep my fingers out of mischief
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Active
dnana1
Active

Posts : 428
Likes : 206
Join date : 2020-04-22



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 21:16 #6

The copter help needs work, it wont let you pick what you want to ask for, it automatically asks for all of the goods.  I needed 1 out of 6 items to send a big money order and had to wait until all 6 items were filled by others to send it.  I know it helps a lot of others but it slows me down!  Now I know to choose more wisely!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

avatar

Active
Zealous
Active

Posts : 256
Likes : 113
Join date : 2020-04-24



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 22:36 #7

@dnana1 wrote:
The copter help needs work, it wont let you pick what you want to ask for, it automatically asks for all of the goods.  I needed 1 out of 6 items to send a big money order and had to wait until all 6 items were filled by others to send it.  I know it helps a lot of others but it slows me down!  Now I know to choose more wisely!

Are you sure you had to wait? I didn't have to wait to send mine, even though all the items weren't given. If you did, there's something wrong in your game. Or, I'm experiencing a good glitch. I suspect the former.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

Posts : 190
Likes : 86
Join date : 2020-04-23



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 23:10 #8

I also wish you could pick which items to ask for the help in filling.  But, I didn't have to wait for all items to be filled before sending the order if I had it in inventory.

On a side note, I have had no help requests show up for helicopter help. But then I'm back to the same old problem I have every Prof Verne event... very few order requests even showing up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Active
dnana1
Active

Posts : 428
Likes : 206
Join date : 2020-04-22



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 23:13 #9

You cant send helicopters unless they are full.  I had 5 of the 6 items I needed in my barn and asked for help to get the last 1 but I wasnt allowed to pick which one I wanted someone else to fill.  I did not know that the game would light up all 6 as needing help.  Could I have filled the other 5 from my barn so that only the one I needed was left for someone else? Thats not usually the way copters work but I will try it and see.

Ok, i just asked for copter help.  The 3 items are 1 ball, 1 truck, and 1 heels.  I have the ball and truck.  After I asked for help, there are exclamation points on all items and I cannot fill any of them.  If someone fills the heels first, i can send the copter, but if someone fills the ball and truck first, I still have to wait for the heels, right?


Last edited by dnana1 on Fri 17 Jul 2020 - 23:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Active
Mayfield
Active

Posts : 461
Likes : 181
Join date : 2020-04-22



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 23:19 #10

Well, we can't usually ask for copter help at all, so there us no usual here.  I think the copter order area is just too small to try to flag just one item.  Even on a full size iPad, the individual order items are pretty small, smaller than usual.

There's no harm in letting other people fill items we could have filled ourselves.  It's helping everyone rebuild their clover stash.  One item on a copter order is probably an easier way to earn a clover than anything else.

Also, we do still have the option of filling the items ourselves, just like with plane or train crates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Active
dnana1
Active

Posts : 428
Likes : 206
Join date : 2020-04-22



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 23:23 #11

@Mayfield wrote:
Well, we can't usually ask for copter help at all, so there us no usual here.  I think the copter order area is just too small to try to flag just one item.  Even on a full size iPad, the individual order items are pretty small, smaller than usual.

There's no harm in letting other people fill items we could have filled ourselves.  It's helping everyone rebuild their clover stash.  One item on a copter order is probably an easier way to earn a clover than anything else.

Also, we do still have the option of filling the items ourselves, just like with plane or train crates.

I do understand all of that, Im just trying to figure out how this helps me.  Copters are supposed to be fast and this is way slow!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HavaDrPepper

Active
HavaDrPepper
Active

Posts : 190
Likes : 86
Join date : 2020-04-23



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2020 - 0:28 #12

@dnana1 wrote:
@Mayfield wrote:
Well, we can't usually ask for copter help at all, so there us no usual here.  I think the copter order area is just too small to try to flag just one item.  Even on a full size iPad, the individual order items are pretty small, smaller than usual.

There's no harm in letting other people fill items we could have filled ourselves.  It's helping everyone rebuild their clover stash.  One item on a copter order is probably an easier way to earn a clover than anything else.

Also, we do still have the option of filling the items ourselves, just like with plane or train crates.

I do understand all of that, Im just trying to figure out how this helps me.  Copters are supposed to be fast and this is way slow!

I do what I do for train items, I start making it in the factory and flag for help.  If I get the item made before anyone helps, I fill the order and send the train off.  If somebody fills it, my item can just go in the barn for when I'll need it in the future.  

Either way I have to wait and if someone can fill the item, I'll gladly send them a clover.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Active
Mayfield
Active

Posts : 461
Likes : 181
Join date : 2020-04-22



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2020 - 0:40 #13

@dnana1 wrote:


I do understand all of that, Im just trying to figure out how this helps me.  Copters are supposed to be fast and this is way slow!

Maybe your coop and friends weren't playing today.  In my coop, those Copter orders were getting filled in a minute or two.

I don't see how it is slower than asking for one item.  As soon as the one you needed is filled, you fill the rest and send it off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

avatar

Active
Zealous
Active

Posts : 256
Likes : 113
Join date : 2020-04-24



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2020 - 2:11 #14

@HavaDrPepper wrote:
I also wish you could pick which items to ask for the help in filling.  But, I didn't have to wait for all items to be filled before sending the order if I had it in inventory.

On a side note, I have had no help requests show up for helicopter help. But then I'm back to the same old problem I have every Prof Verne event... very few order requests even showing up.

I've also had very few show up. But it didn't start until today. I'm having a problem of having to get out, clear cache and go back into game to get updated views. But my list isn't showing up like it was before I got the heli help feature. And I appear to be the only one making requests, even though I know several friends got the gold pass (I see their heli has changed). 

It could be that they haven't made the points for it yet. I'm a bit sad to get few requests, except the same ones that have been up all day, for rubber for the zoo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eiggam

Member
Eiggam
Member

Posts : 116
Likes : 74
Join date : 2020-06-30



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2020 - 3:17 #15

I didn't have plums all day so instead of cancelling the order and waiting for 30 minutes, I asked for help. It allows entire coop to share resources - we filled each others orders and got clovers.

A lot of non co op friends joined in and it was all going really quickly.

The end result for me is 1000 TCash more cheering yay and a barn that doesn't even need an upgrade thumbs , all cobwebs removed and around 200 places free!

Trains were a bit of a problem, but you know, you win some, you lose some  rofl,lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

avatar

Active
Zealous
Active

Posts : 256
Likes : 113
Join date : 2020-04-24



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2020 - 3:24 #16

@dnana1 wrote:
You cant send helicopters unless they are full.  I had 5 of the 6 items I needed in my barn and asked for help to get the last 1 but I wasnt allowed to pick which one I wanted someone else to fill.  I did not know that the game would light up all 6 as needing help.  Could I have filled the other 5 from my barn so that only the one I needed was left for someone else? Thats not usually the way copters work but I will try it and see.

Ok, i just asked for copter help.  The 3 items are 1 ball, 1 truck, and 1 heels.  I have the ball and truck.  After I asked for help, there are exclamation points on all items and I cannot fill any of them.  If someone fills the heels first, i can send the copter, but if someone fills the ball and truck first, I still have to wait for the heels, right?
Well, if you don't actually have that item then you would need to wait for someone to give that particular item. But, in your example, if you have all 3 in your inventory, and someone fills 2 of the 3, the heli will go, and it will use the 2 from helpers and the 3rd will be from your inventory. So, you don't  have to wait to send, if all the order can be filled in some way.

I think the display for that feature is a little tricky because it will show a Pic of the helper, but won't show that it's filled, like it would show a crate filled.

I think I understand what you're asking though, and, yes you have to wait, if that item isn't provided to fill the order. But if it is provided, either from your barn or from a helper you can send it.

As far as how it helps you, I guess I don't know your playing style, so maybe it doesn't help you. But for me, I only fill the higher coin orders. So, I might not have every item for my order yet, and asking for help on that order means I would be able to send another order I do have everything to fill. Or maybe, asking for a help on an order I would not normally waste my resources to fill would give me extra coins for that order, while still having my resources for a better paying order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Active
dnana1
Active

Posts : 428
Likes : 206
Join date : 2020-04-22



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2020 - 3:39 #17

Thanks, everyone, I just need to be more patient, im not used to thinking of the copter like the plane or train.  Im not getting any copter requests either, so Im ahead of everyone.  I DO like to give out clovers, I set up helps all the time, just need to think about the copters differently.  Cant do 34 in 20 minutes if I want to help out.   Very Happy
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

avatar

Active
Zealous
Active

Posts : 256
Likes : 113
Join date : 2020-04-24



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2020 - 5:56 #18

@dnana1, very nice that you can clear them all like that. I guess a lot of players can probably do that at a certain point. Myself, I have to choose and wait and dismiss a lot, to manage inventory. So Waiting is always part of my heli process. But, still, I have found that I have to choose differently than I would if I were just managing them like normal, if I want to use a request on one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Active
dnana1
Active

Posts : 428
Likes : 206
Join date : 2020-04-22



Asking for Helicopter Help...? Empty
Asking for Helicopter Help...? I_icon_minitimeSat 18 Jul 2020 - 17:07 #19

@zealous, well, I did it when I first found out about the 'visiting' shortcut and I was VERY excited and there were 2 copter tasks on my regatta board so I went for it.  filled 1 task and 1/2 of the other before I ran out of barn stuff, lol, that was fun but I haven't done it again.  Smile

I wrote this up this am after I had played with the copters a while and finally understood what everyone was saying above.  Someone else asked me about it and I decided to have a way to explain it to my co-op before they all got it and bombarded me with questions.  Putting it up here for the newbies....

All of the items in the copter get requested even if you don't need them, but that means that 1 copter with 6 items can supply 6 clovers, either to 1 person or 6 people or however many help. I tested it this am with my co-op and 1 helper got all 6 clovers, then I set up another one with 4 items and she got all of those, too, there's no limit!!  She got 10 clovers in less than a minute!

If you have all the items except 1 in your barn, you can go ahead and send the copter as soon as that 1 is filled, you do not have to wait for the other items to be filled by someone else, OR you can wait and let more helpers get clovers.  The cool thing is, if you wait, you don't use anything out of your barn, you get copters sent for free and you get the coins!!


The only thing is, you have to remember to click each item that someone filled so that they get the clover.  In the FB group, people are saying that if you send the copter without clicking the items, no clovers are sent.  I did not test this, but so far, that's the only drawback I see!  Asking for Helicopter Help...? Icon_smile


Last edited by dnana1 on Sat 18 Jul 2020 - 17:32; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : extra letters)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asking for Helicopter Help...?
Back to top
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Similar topics
-
» Helicopter and flying disk
» Helicopter!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Township Forum :: ~Discussions and Events ~ :: Township General Game Discussions-
Jump to: