Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Multiple PC User Accounts & Multiple Towns on One Device
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Yesterday at 21:51

» Pick Talk (for goldpassers)
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Yesterday at 21:25

» COVID-Let’s talk about it!
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Yesterday at 16:12

» Delay in the regatta
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri 24 Sep 2021 - 1:10

» The UTF Music Playlist
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Thu 23 Sep 2021 - 19:05

» Another Update
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Thu 23 Sep 2021 - 16:14

» Dealer coupon - how to use them and max amount you can store.
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Wed 22 Sep 2021 - 23:40

» Locked Co-Op Emblem Frames
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Wed 22 Sep 2021 - 16:04

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 21 Sep 2021 - 23:20

» Township Funnies!
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Tue 21 Sep 2021 - 16:41

» Msg to Members feature in Co-Op
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Mon 20 Sep 2021 - 16:49

» Top Contributor
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Mon 20 Sep 2021 - 3:34

» The UTF Comedy Sketch Corner
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 19:33

» Regatta 135 point Task Charts
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Fri 17 Sep 2021 - 18:13

» Songs of Township
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 22:17

» Factory Regatta Tasks & Factory Upgrades
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 20:57

» Day at the Beach tasks
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 17:56

» Playing the market
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 8:45

» Co-Op Ads
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Nerico Sat 11 Sep 2021 - 23:45

» Questions about Community buildings
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 11 Sep 2021 - 18:27

» Say Hello!
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 6 Sep 2021 - 10:45

» Mic's Table
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sun 5 Sep 2021 - 11:37

» Next Regatta Season
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 10:22

» Post pictures of your town to be shown on our Twitter & Instagram page! :)
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 4:53

New topics
» Multiple PC User Accounts & Multiple Towns on One Device
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Yesterday at 21:17

» Pick Talk (for goldpassers)
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Yesterday at 15:04

» Locked Co-Op Emblem Frames
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 21 Sep 2021 - 20:11

» Msg to Members feature in Co-Op
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Mon 20 Sep 2021 - 16:12

» COVID-Let’s talk about it!
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Gracie Mon 20 Sep 2021 - 14:18

» Delay in the regatta
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Mon 20 Sep 2021 - 12:29

» Another Update
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 22:54

» Regatta 135 point Task Charts
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 20:10

Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments

Go down
AuthorMessage

Thruve

Thruve

Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  Empty
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2020 - 17:17 #1

I think by this point it’s safe to say that Playrix has found a steady, bi-monthly/monthly source of income via the Experiments. The better they make them, the more likely we are to purchase it. Notice now that the last few experiments always include a barn upgrade, however this one includes two! I know this makes many of us very happy.

I have been playing for a few years now and I have noticed a few drawbacks, possibly unrelated to the experiments, however these drawbacks started after the 2nd-3rd event. I’m curious as to whether they are slowly redesigning their game to push ya to purchase the experiments. Again they maybe unrelated but I’ve never had these issues to be as dramatic as they have been for the last few months.

1) Barn upgrade materials. I’m finding the equation for upgrade materials to be more dramatically imbalanced when receiving them via the trains. It’s common now for me to have completed 2/3 necessary materials but only have 5-6 of the 3rd. I’ve never had this issue before.

2) I did find that I’ve been accumulating more Tcash while playing less than when I would play more.

3) Im finding trains to be more dramatic with their requests.

4) I’m finding Helicopter orders to more often require items that I specifically have 0 items of. I may have 4-5 of every single item except for 2-3. Im now finding I need to keep 4-5 of each crop on hand as well to mitigate this.

Anyone else notice that these have been more dramatic over the last few months ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest2

Prior Member
Guest2
Prior Member

Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2020 - 18:41 #2

The one thing I would immediately agree is that trains are asking for (more) big amounts of items, esp. crops. I had thought so myself, but - I think/thought it is related to levelling up.
But to answer all:

1) Barn upgrade materials. - has always been imbalanced for me. Always had to wait in the end for the third. (not in the way that I had 5 - 6 only of the third (if I got that right?), while having like 150 of the others, though)

2) I did find that I’ve been accumulating more Tcash while playing less than when I would play more. - Not here. But I play daily.

3) Im finding trains to be more dramatic with their requests. - yes, but as mentioned, related it to levelling up.

4) I’m finding Helicopter orders to more often require items that I specifically have 0 items of.  - Not here. But I can't remember the last time I had 0 of anything. Smile
Addition: All requests don't ask either only for what I have least of. But: they all ask for the same things, again and again, in my experience. I keep making the same things, and as soon as they are on the shelves, they have to go to helis, trains, planes, events or friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Jul 2020 - 19:33 #3

@Thruve wrote:
I think by this point it’s safe to say that Playrix has found a steady, bi-monthly/monthly source of income via the Experiments.

App publishers offering free apps with in-app offers will seek to get as close as possible to a subscription-based revenue stream. This allows organizational stability, financial flexibility/planning and the opportunity to pursue their passions by growing/expanding their enterprise(s).

I support Playrix through TS because I don't want to play Ghost Towns. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2020 - 16:45 #4

One of the other freemium games I play restructured their big monthly events into a pass reward system a few months ago.  The sentiment on the forum is that collecting pass points is a poor substitute for collecting real task rewards and that it took a lot of the fun and motivation out of the events in that game.

Last week they did also add an actual subscription plan as well.  Unfortunately, they priced it at $20/month, which would be substantially more than most players were spending on that game (or even for other entertainment, like Netflix) and sent most of us reeling in disbelief.  I've often thought I'd be interested in a monthly subscription in games I play a lot, rather than getting nickeled and dimed to death, but $20/month is just too much to spend on any one game, even if it did include double storage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Thruve

Thruve

Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2020 - 15:20 #5

@Mayfield

Are you talking about league of legends and their TFT pass?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments  I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Jul 2020 - 16:17 #6

No, Seaport.  They clearly describe it as a subscription.  It includes use of an extra big ship, free captains (who are used to add to or multiply cargos or crew size), double Warehouse storage capacity, and I forget what all else.  They gave us a free preview for a week or so.

I only mentioned it as an example to reinforce the thinking that freemium game developers are trying to build steady revenue streams other ways, like passes and subscriptions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Playrix: Their new steady source of Income || Experiments
Page 1 of 1