Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Welcome to our discussions section
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Today at 0:15

» Opting out
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby BlueSkyTown Yesterday at 23:51

» Extremely Risky Info - - be most cautious! Use at your own discretion!
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Bobcat Paradise Yesterday at 18:02

» Regatta theme - PREHISTORIC WORLD
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Bobcat Paradise Yesterday at 17:45

» Songs of Township
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Yesterday at 12:57

» What Other Mobile Games Do You Play
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Yesterday at 11:53

» Hawaiian theme sneak peak.
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Yesterday at 10:37

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Yesterday at 2:30

» Mic's Table
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 13 May 2021 - 12:10

» Ruler of the Mine 5.10.21)
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Thu 13 May 2021 - 12:07

» Town Visits
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Wed 12 May 2021 - 22:26

» Need for seeds 5/17
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Wed 12 May 2021 - 22:24

» The UTF Music Playlist
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Mon 10 May 2021 - 20:10

» Two-year milestone gifts
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby EWoolf Mon 10 May 2021 - 18:39

» Golden Ticket (Splats, Town Fair and Pirate Seeds!!!)
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sun 9 May 2021 - 21:46

» Say Hello!
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 9 May 2021 - 18:38

» Prize Wheel
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Sun 9 May 2021 - 2:13

» Township Wiki
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 8 May 2021 - 6:11

» Great freight 5/5
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Mike Fri 7 May 2021 - 11:39

» Character / Customer names - what are they ?
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 7 May 2021 - 10:05

» Township Recipe Book by T&B
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 6 May 2021 - 18:33

» To solo or not to solo?
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 6 May 2021 - 8:43

» How many here play on Windows?
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Wed 5 May 2021 - 14:20

» Update coming?
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Wed 5 May 2021 - 13:55

Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping

Go down
AuthorMessage

CaseMoline

CaseMoline

Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping Empty
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2020 - 21:59 #1

Ok so, I'm surfing around looking for the same things all of us look for....that is every last tip, trick and tidbit we can find (ok....not us...we don't find anything....Google actually finds it....but we, WE take the GLORY!)

Ok so , I'm surfing around and I found this statement and was hoping someone could offer some clarification.

"We delay the start of racing for 1hr 15min so that we will be grouped in a race with less competitive teams."
Quote.  Quote

Thank you
I love you all  bounce <----{ {
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2020 - 2:29 #2

When the regattas first started some of us found that by delaying the start we would be up against other coops that weren’t rushing as much to finish. 
The competitive coops would appear to be paying to win in some cases, or they would make it impossible to finish in the top 3 if you wanted to.

However, since then Playrix changed the rules apparently, and it now seems it doesn’t matter.
The delayed start isn’t supposed to make any difference now.
But...some agree with that whilst others say it is still better to delay starting.

My personal experience is that it has changed and a delayed start has no effect.
But I guess each coop has to make their own decision.

geek
Back to top Go down

douglasnorth

Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2020 - 3:24 #3

If it's not based on filling up a race with co-ops in the order that they start racing (starting a new group every 15 co-ops), the algorithm for placing co-ops in a group would have to know how many co-ops were going to be racing. Then you could determine how many groups of 15 there were going to be and assign co-ops accordingly, such as first to Group A, second to Group B, third to Group C, fourth to Group A, and so on. Does Playrix really care enough about delayed start to set up a complicated algorithm?

Delayed start can also be linked to the theory that the winner of a race that ends in a tie is based on how long it took the team to get there and not the time they finished.

Both of these theories are almost unproveable without a lot of cooperation/coordination between a large number of co-ops, so not going to happen. LOL

So, until proven otherwise, I will continue to believe in the benefits of a delayed start (and the Tooth Fairy).

Doug
Windows, lvl 45
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping I_icon_minitimeMon 29 Jun 2020 - 4:53 #4

There are a few threads in the old forum regarding the changing of the rules at the time they changed.
Nevada posted how a tie would work with a start on time coop and a delayed start coop.
HERE

Clearly the delayed start lost because they finished later, despite doing their tasks in less time. This was confirmed by Anna Petrova

geek
Back to top Go down
Question about Seasonal Regatta team grouping
Page 1 of 1