Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Great Freight event
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Today at 0:59

» Songs of Township
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Today at 0:54

» Greet Freight should start tomorrow
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 18:33

» "Easy" RoC Wooden League Co-op Question
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Kami2020 Yesterday at 17:06

» Hello guys
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby BlueSkyTown Yesterday at 15:40

» Co-Op Ads
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Willow Mist Yesterday at 14:24

» Hello guys
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby MFjones Yesterday at 11:37

» Regatta Enchanting Oasis theme and seasonal tasks
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Yesterday at 9:37

» glad to find this group
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby BlueSkyTown Yesterday at 5:30

» Need for seeds is coming soon!
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 19:09

» I wish Township would... and levelling up query
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 16:03

» Are you a Mac player?
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby maycee_shante Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 12:10

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Sunshine and Rainbows Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 5:45

» Disappearing crops
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 2:16

» Diggy's Adventure
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 22:09

» Admin and moderators?
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 16:08

» R.O.C. Refresher information
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Kami2020 Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 14:02

» If You Could Only Choose Five.....
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 1:51

» My last regatta
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 18:15

» Rev and Ride (Feb., 2021)
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 4:28

» Losing Help Number?
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby okaussie3 Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 18:00

» How many here play on Windows?
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 9:20

» Description on the co-op badges of how to achieve them
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:57

» Guess the Holiday
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:07

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op

Go down
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Darkwood PC

PC_Mod
Darkwood PC
PC_Mod

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op Empty
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2020 - 16:19 #1

This is just somethings that I had wished I knew before I joined my first co-op. I mean other than communicating, which is the first thing that should happen.

Use chat help every 3 hours or as often as you can. 
    You get an achievement for sharing goods with co-op members, after the T-cash awards you get a new icon.
    You/They get clovers for filling the requests. We have gotten to the point where if you don't need anything ask for wheat.

And my mind goes blank... I'll edit and add as I come up with more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Arial Heights

Admin
Arial Heights
Admin

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2020 - 16:33 #2

I wish that I had found the forum or FB groups before I joined my first co-op. I remember feeling totally lost & no one was communicating. This only lasted the first week, and the following week I was ready to go with all of the info I needed. The community is amazing, with as much info and advice as you want. 
Maybe Ernie could have given me a heads up. 🤣
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Darkwood PC

PC_Mod
Darkwood PC
PC_Mod

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2020 - 0:04 #3

If you join a co-op and no one is saying anything. Then you notice all their on-line lights are off.  Leave.

Would be nice if Ernie maybe had you join his co-op for a day or so to teach you the ropes. Good call @Arial Heights

Last edited by Darkwood PC on Wed 10 Jun 2020 - 18:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2020 - 11:35 #4

I remember when they first started coops, I wasn’t going to join one. 
I felt no one would want a stranger in their coop.
My friends list were players I had come across in game by either helping them or they helping me.
I would send a request and hope they accepted.
One of those players reached out to me and invited me to her coop just a few days later and I haven’t looked back.
I’ve made some amazing friends, and have actually met some of them. We got together for a weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 
Some have moved on and I miss them, but our coop still has original members and we have a great rapport, we have fun.

One thing I would say is be very careful when inviting/accepting new members, there have been leaders posted in the old forum, of players joining, starting regatta and leaving, thus causing the demotion of the coop.
Some now don’t allow new members to play in the first week they join in an effort to stop this.

However you run your coop,
Have fun, and communicate

geek
Back to top Go down

Gracie

Mod
Gracie
Mod

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun 2020 - 13:00 #5

We started doing the regatta’s at the request of a new member of our co-op. Knew absolutely nothing, so I began doing some research and found the TS forum. Choose your team wisely. Don’t be afraid to kick/restrict members that are not following your rules, but always offer an explanation as to why.
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Calliie

Active
Calliie
Active

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2020 - 17:55 #6

Never believe the snakeoil salesman that tells you some of us are doing 16 x 135 in a Co op that requires less than 16 x 135. They are usually like 10 x 130 or 10 x 135 Co op or insert whatever number. 

In such Co op, they kind of have the wrong expectations and really takes your extra 16th task as granted. They want to win top 3 but majority are not willing to put in the extra effort and tcash.

If you are doing 15 x 135 really join a 15 x 135 Co op. Your efforts are better appreciated and there is no uneven yoke. (ie having to carry the rest of the teams) and these 135 groups are more willing to trashed tasks that is not productive and they know the algorithm of the task board. 

Sorry if this sounds negative.
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Mayfield

Active
Mayfield
Active

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeWed 30 Sep 2020 - 23:54 #7

The latter part sound pretty accurate.   The teams who want to place top 3 in gold league all understand that means everybody has to buy the extra task and take only 135.  We also learn the importance of keeping the board pretty empty to leave space for new 135 tasks (for teams playing the mobile version of the game).

I haven’t been in a coop with a 16x135 rule where folks didn’t live up to it.  Imo, the blame should go to the leader, tho, not the members who are doing less.  Once one racer under performs and gets away with it, others start thinking that is ok.  The leader needs to decide if 10 tasks over 130 is really the new standard and change the sign, or else tell those people to start doing 16x135, not race, or leave the coop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Darkwood PC

PC_Mod
Darkwood PC
PC_Mod

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Oct 2020 - 4:30 #8

We have a mobile and a pc co-op now.
Both are 16*135.
We do a progression on what we do, warn, restrict, kick.
But it only takes one jumper getting in to drop you a league.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Active
dnana1
Active

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Oct 2020 - 22:39 #9

How much it hurts when a long-time good player decides to leave for a more aggressive co-op when she was one of the voices wanting to keep it relaxed! 

And it hurts when they just bail with no explanation, telling another player privately that she has to take care of some things and will be back, then fills one of your crates so you can see shes in a different co-op.  Why lie?

Ive been bored with my co-op for a long time and I dream about how it would be to be more aggressive and have my tasks actually make a difference, but Im the leader and I like the people I inherited when our previous leader bailed, I dont want to leave them, just wish they cared about doing a good job.  4 people doing 1 task a week isnt fair to the rest of us but they wont let me change anything and I dont want to be a bully.

Last edited by dnana1 on Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 2:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeThu 1 Oct 2020 - 23:32 #10

@dnana1 Try visualizing your ideal co-op and tell your mates where you want to lead them or find your ideal co-op (low probability) or start a new co-op and take along the mates who want the same as you.

Bottom line: This app is engineered for fun (supposed to be, at least) and life is too short — especially during a pandemic.

Good hunting. Smile
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Kami2020

Kami2020

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct 2020 - 0:02 #11

I find it challenging to recruit new players.  We have a very small co op of active and helpful players who play to stay in gold league and go for top three...so 16x135.  We don’t get much interest from our invites.  Are we trying to invite the wrong people?  Most of us left another co op where the leader freaked out. Lol.  What are people doing to attract like minds?  

On another note, being leader can be very challenging at times.  Haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile

dnana1

Active
dnana1
Active

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct 2020 - 1:59 #12

@Mic Miller wrote:
@dnana1 Try visualizing your ideal co-op and tell your mates where you want to lead them or find your ideal co-op (low probability) or start a new co-op and take along the mates who want the same as you.

Bottom line: This app is engineered for fun (supposed to be, at least) and life is too short — especially during a pandemic.

Good hunting. Smile

I know, Mic, and Ive tried to lead them, but they dont want to be lead.  Its my fault, I suppose, I didnt want the job and didnt act like leader until I found the old forum and read all the things leaders do.  By that time, maybe 18 months, status quo inertia had set in.  I dont want to disrupt their lives, I was just adding a story to the pile for anyone who wonders.  Being a leader is not that much different than being a regular member sometimes.   Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Calliie

Active
Calliie
Active

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct 2020 - 7:18 #13

@dnana1, I am sorry that it hurts. But I guess people change. Initially being relaxed was good until they start realising that there are tcash involved in getting to the top. (T cash prizes). So now they want to win.

Personally upsetting the status quo is not good in my opinion. It is still better to join another Co op. But lying well, it is their choice, their lives. 

@Kami2020, trying to recruit for 16x 135 I guess you have to state are your advocating to spend t cash to speed up tasks. It can get expensive. There are so called retirement groups and less competitive sisters groups who state upfront how much you are to spend. OASIS family and GOC family comes to mind. And a lot of people have the mentality that if they have to spend so much they might as well go for GLB and when you have small group it is not ideal.

I am looking for a small group that does 15 ×135. And finished by Friday ( slow & inexpensive). Don't need Facebook.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kami2020

Kami2020

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct 2020 - 12:10 #14

@calliie  good point.  Our group does spend the 10 for the extra task but rarely spends more tcash than we earn by placing in the top three in our league.  Hopefully we will find some more like minded folks along the way and continue to have fun but also be competitive.  

Good luck in your search too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mayfield

Active
Mayfield
Active

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeFri 2 Oct 2020 - 15:40 #15

That’s pretty much how we play too - 16x135 but not much tcash used.  When I race, I rarely spend any tcash other than the 10 for task 16.  Nobody is expected to Use tcash to rush, tho some players will use tcash to speed up a task or two, like speeding up the last train or zoo order.  We never use tcash to rush the board.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

rainyfoxtrot

rainyfoxtrot

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2020 - 22:15 #16

I am in a Co-op that is one I randomly picked a long time ago. I'm sure I have been playing well over a year if not more. My co-op really doesn't talk aside from saying thank you if you send something. At some point I was made a Elder in the co-op but I don't know when as no one told me. I don't care if  people don't race in the co-op. Yet, there is 29 people listed in this co-op and we race against 15 boats.  There where only 4 racers this time around doing tasks. Again I don't mind.... I do my thing and no one says a word.  Keep in mind there was never any "hello, welcome to the co-op.. these are the rules." If I ever waited to know how to do something i went to google and looked it up.  . I like doing the race tasks so I try to do them all. So ! read an article that it's best to trash tasks that low points. So i read how it can be down and I was able to do it.  No one said a word. seriously this is not a chatty co-op that talks.  This race 4 racers made a total of 3055 and my contribution was 1890. Four racers did 23 tasks and I did 14 of the tasks. I wasn't told trashing tasks was a bad thing. I do wish I was in Co-op that talked. I always help if I have what people are looking for.  I will google to see if I am hurting the other players in the co-op  ...sighs...  I'm an old newbie it seems in Township
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Arial Heights

Admin
Arial Heights
Admin

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeMon 5 Oct 2020 - 23:18 #17

@rainyfoxtrot, have you thought about looking around for a Co Op that better suits you? We have Co Op adverts on the Forum, who would welcome you with open arms. 
Another idea would be maybe to use the Interseasonal or Race of Champions week to visit other Co Ops to get a feel of a Co Op rather than make a decision there & then. 
I really hope you find a Co Op that suits you, as you sound like a very interactive & considerate member. 
flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Darkwood PC

PC_Mod
Darkwood PC
PC_Mod

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2020 - 4:26 #18

@rainyfoxtrot wrote:
I'm an old newbie it seems in Township

You are more than welcome to come for a visit. We do 16/135's with anywhere from 2-6 people racing. I wonder off periodically to visit other co-ops. We have a friend that started with us and no has her own coo-op that we wonder to sometimes. 
My town is Golden Bay and the co-op is Stronger Together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

douglasnorth

Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2020 - 22:23 #19

rainyfoxtrot "I will google to see if I am hurting the other players in the co-op"

au contraire, the other players in the co-op are probably hurting you by not helping you and by not helping you get the rewards you deserve. There are co-ops out there that are starving for players like you. post your friend code and see how many friend requests/invitations you get.

Doug
Windows laptop, level 59
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Things I wish I had known about being in a Co-op
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next