Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» "Easy" RoC Wooden League Co-op Question
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Today at 13:57

» Need for seeds is coming soon!
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 19:09

» I wish Township would... and levelling up query
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Yesterday at 16:03

» Are you a Mac player?
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby maycee_shante Yesterday at 12:10

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Sunshine and Rainbows Yesterday at 5:45

» Disappearing crops
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Yesterday at 2:16

» Diggy's Adventure
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 22:09

» Greet Freight should start tomorrow
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 22:09

» Songs of Township
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 19:04

» Admin and moderators?
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 16:08

» R.O.C. Refresher information
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Kami2020 Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 14:02

» If You Could Only Choose Five.....
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 1:51

» My last regatta
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 18:15

» Rev and Ride (Feb., 2021)
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 4:28

» Losing Help Number?
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby okaussie3 Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 18:00

» How many here play on Windows?
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 9:20

» Description on the co-op badges of how to achieve them
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:57

» Guess the Holiday
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:07

» Racing Solo
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 4:01

» This is scheduled to start (for all or test group?) February 19.
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 23 Feb 2021 - 19:58

» ADD ME: Friends on Android - iOS - Kindle
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 22 Feb 2021 - 13:13

» Random Township Dreams...
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Sat 20 Feb 2021 - 12:27

» Land expansion
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 19 Feb 2021 - 7:17

» Co-Op Ads
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 19 Feb 2021 - 3:21

I'm only in it for the decorations

Go down
AuthorMessage

CaseMoline

CaseMoline

I'm only in it for the decorations Empty
I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Jun 2020 - 0:24 #1

The coop I am in has had only 6 or 8 players that participated in seasonal regattas. The tasks I feel as easier were plentiful enough that each season I obtained enough tokens to get all the decorations from the yacht club.

A couple of weeks ago we had an influx of players join which made the interseasonal regatta very profitable.
However, now we're in to the new season and these new members are taking most of the tasks. Don't get me wrong, it's wonderful they are so committed and eager. It's just that I'm not in to winning races or league status, I just want the decorations.

My question is:
In your opinion would it be beneficial to my cause to leave and start my on CoOp?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Jun 2020 - 1:37 #2

@CaseMoline wrote:
................My question is:
In your opinion would it be beneficial to my cause to leave and start my on CoOp?
Would this be to remain a solo co-op, or start your own and look at recruiting members?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

CaseMoline

CaseMoline

I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Jun 2020 - 3:43 #3

Honestly, I don't know enough at this point to say.

I mainly just kinda freaked out this morning when I logged on and saw 12 members already doing tasks when before it was around 4 to 6. And the tasks to choose from were growing silk, shipping grapes and mystery boxes.

I thought it great the coop got new members that participated but that was during interseasonal regatta. I didn't realize it would have such an impact on seasonal.

I know the decoration availability is based on what league you are in and right now we're in the golden. So I guess I'll stay and tough it out for now....maybe some newbies will drop off.
It'll be a challenge for sure and it'll make the decorations all that more valuable the harder I have to work for them. (At least that's what I'm telling myself lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Jun 2020 - 5:53 #4

Sounds like adding another racer or two might counterintuitively help.
The number of 135s available depends roughly on how many are  -racing. I don't know details of exactly how many racers needed for a precious extra task but am sure someone round here will.

Meanwhile prepare as thoroughly as you can and seize the mystery tasks -25 yacht club tokens. (Unless you've just started building a factory or unlocking an island).

Also, long tasks like silk should in my opinion be reserved while prepping or dumped once c.half the team has seen and ignored them.

Ultimately, if the majority of the team is more motivated by finishing fast and climbing the greasy glb pole you would be more comfortable in a more relaxed co-op. There are plenty out there.

At the risk of sounding snotty, if prior to the new arrivals you were getting more than your share of easy tasks cos lowest level racer (haven't visited to see), then it may be good for you to race a few weeks with hard-core speedracing co-op as a kind of regatta bootcamp, again there are plenty of training co-ops out there.

If your new teammates are taking all the easy tasks, without the excuse of being new to racing or low level then a polite chat with leader may be worth considering, but can result in pandemonium.

Another strategy would be to take long tasks until almost everyone else finished then really speed through ten+tasks with the board to yourself.

Hope something in there helps. The perfect co-op is like good shoes/comfy undies - rare to get a perfect fit but priceless when you do. Most involve a good deal of compromise.

Edited to add.
Often a big motivation to race hard and finish first is to get the golden sail decor. If that's the case, pitch in shoulder to the wheel and help the newcomers win it. They may calm down afterwards and the party atmosphere for achieving their goals is great fun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

CaseMoline

CaseMoline

I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeWed 3 Jun 2020 - 7:43 #5

Jay,
Your post definitely helps, thank you.
I think what I'll do is let these energetic newbies task to their hearts content. Meanwhile I'll pick and choose whatever will achieve my own personal goal of aquiring tokens for the yacht club decorations.
I've learned today from playing, from Downton and you that what I need to do isn't change my CoOp but to change my strategy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeThu 4 Jun 2020 - 15:34 #6

Hi CaseMoline! I just wanted to share some insight from my side of things. I've been in a few CoOps over the years and I often visit them from time to time, but for the majority of the last year or so I've been in a solo CoOp. I have really enjoyed solo racing because I am competitive and most of my CoOps have always had a few that didn't really put the effort in which made it frustrating to me. I like depending on myself and knocking out all my tasks on the first day. I also like having complete control over which tasks I take/dump. Some downsides: you will never get all the chests in a solo CoOp and you cannot request goods through the CoOp chat. It can also get a little lonely if you've ever enjoyed a friendly, chatty CoOp. 

I don't know how it is for solo CoOps at level 60 but at 100+ it's very stiff competition. In the lower ranked leagues it is fairly easy to move up but I usually have to devote all of my time to the first day of the race. I dump and dump to get the faster 135 tasks but since I am alone I might only have 1-3 135 tasks on the board at a time. In the silver and gold league races, solo CoOps that place 1st-3rd often finish all of their tasks within the first day, maybe even half a day! And everyone buys the extra task. 

So, that just means if you prefer to race at a more leisurely pace and you start the first week of a new season in the wooden league it is a lot of effort to make it to Gold (and the gold decor) by week 4. If you do decide to try out solo racing, I would wait for a season you have already acquired the higher league decorations and then start your solo CoOp mid season. That way you can have more time to work up to Gold before the end of the next season to earn the final reward.

I think this year I may venture back into the bigger CoOp world and try to find a small but mighty CoOp that likes to chat. It's hard finding just the right fit! Don't be afraid to "travel". In my experience any CoOp I was once in has been understanding and will gladly welcome me back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

CaseMoline

CaseMoline

I'm only in it for the decorations I_icon_minitimeFri 5 Jun 2020 - 1:20 #7

Wow!
Thank you so much for the insight. I didn't fully realize the impact solo racing would have, I appreciate your input.
I've decided to stay where I am. This week has proved to be a lot different than what I thought. I've taken tasks I normally would ask our leader to delete and have weirdly had a more relaxed time doing them. 
Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
I'm only in it for the decorations
Page 1 of 1