Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Today at 23:38

» Hey Doug!
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Today at 21:31

» The UTF Music Playlist
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Today at 19:59

» Unable to participate in Regatta
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Today at 17:39

» Regatta Tasks & No. of 135pt tasks vs Co-op size (Racers)
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Today at 16:35

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Wed 28 Jul - 23:38

» Songs of Township
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 26 Jul - 22:36

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Mon 26 Jul - 14:39

» Township Wiki
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sun 25 Jul - 14:11

» How many here play on Windows?
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elby714 Sun 25 Jul - 0:36

» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 24 Jul - 17:58

» Buying Market Baskets
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Fri 23 Jul - 15:33

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul - 18:52

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby A_Jarvis Wed 21 Jul - 17:52

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul - 16:04

» Image for The Great Gatsby/Golden Ticket
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul - 15:49

» Um...Is My Signature Showing Up?
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul - 14:43

» Disappearing crops
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Tue 20 Jul - 0:04

» Recent Change to Township Wiki
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Mon 19 Jul - 10:57

» Top Contributor
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 17 Jul - 19:00

» HELPER requested / OFFERING help / GP tcash Accumulators Message Board!
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri 16 Jul - 19:01

» Co-Op Ads
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Wakanda Fri 16 Jul - 15:10

» Fire in the river!
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Bobcat Paradise Fri 16 Jul - 2:15

» PC update out
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Thu 15 Jul - 22:44

New topics
» Hey Doug!
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Today at 21:31

» Unable to participate in Regatta
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby catlover88 Today at 17:34

» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Fri 23 Jul - 17:59

» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Fri 23 Jul - 14:10

» Buying Market Baskets
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Thu 22 Jul - 22:02

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul - 18:52

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul - 16:07

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul - 16:04

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!

Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 Empty
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May - 12:32 #1

First topic message reminder :

Have you ever wanted to see your whole Town in one view?
It was already a hot topic on Facebook page and on Playrix's Forum.
As an example: this is an aerial view of Ernie's town - so breathtaking!

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 72212093-1454722661402631-6638078427930820608-o

Show us panorama images of your town.

On this forum your achievement will be Eternal Fame and a loud applause from your fellow Forum members! !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuthorMessage

Jo

Jo

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 May - 0:32 #20

Rocky_Ruud wrote:
.....It also takes me some effort to make such a panorama, although I already have a bit more experience with it.
The ocean water in particular has a lot of color gradient and that is hardly even to get.
But it is the bigger picture and I am glad that is created to your satisfaction!........

Thanks again for all, Rocky Ruud !

[size=48] Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 1f1e9  Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 1f1e6  Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 1f1f3  Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 1f1f0   Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 1f1fa Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 2755Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 2755Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 2755 
[/size]

Last edited by Downton Admin on Wed 20 May - 1:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited by Downton Admin to fix quote ;))
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jun - 16:18 #21

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 Garden10
@Virginia_gardens Here is your Town!
I don't think you are lazy, this was just not high enough on your to do list Wink
And if you take a good look you will notice it took me a while to to start puzzling with the screenshots I took from your Town a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jun - 17:48 #22

Your towns are amazing and beautiful!! I love seeing these panoramas. I'd love to do one, thank you for the tips! I'll report back if I can figure it out Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 8 Jun - 22:40 #23

@just_a_minute wrote:
Your towns are amazing and beautiful!! I love seeing these panoramas. I'd love to do one, thank you for the tips! I'll report back if I can figure it out Smile

Thank you very much just_a_minute
Looking forward to your report and you need any help just let me know. Wink

I still have some panoramicsin store from the old Forum and at least one on my wish-to-do-list.
That last one is the Town of the winner of the Italian event, impressive and exciting to puzzle with.

TS Facebook posted today the option to send a postcard of your town to a friend.
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 Postca10

They created three different postcards where you can add a pic of your fav spot, sign the card and say hi to your friends. Picture frame is just big enough for one screenshot so not suitable for the bigger pictures of this thread;)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun - 1:05 #24

Well, that took an insanely long time.... but I did it! And I am so proud to have a pano of my town to share with you. A few months ago I did a complete redesign of all of my factories and I am loving the uniform look from the pano. Now if they would just give us some new bridge options so my top row of factories can have bridges Smile

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 Final-TS-Pano-Tand-MTownship-copy

And also, what a fun time capsule! I am always changing and redesigning so I love to have this snapshot of how my town looks today. It also gives me ideas on areas I might need to pay some loving attention too.

ETA: Here is the link. I'm not great at posting images! Sorry. https://i.ibb.co/vJs54Pv/Final-TS-Pano-Tand-MTownship-copy.jpg
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun - 6:14 #25

Wow, you've done a fantastic job @just_a_minute thumbs

And what a beautiful town you have  luv

I attempted to do my town on the Playrix forum, but it wasn't very good. Fortunately @Rocky_Ruud did a wonderful full town view for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun - 9:25 #26

Hi @just_a_minute
What a great creation you have made!
The water in our towns is the hardest to equalizable in appearance so that is, a job well don by you.
I wonder which photo program you have used.

And then your Town; I love the 'Venice' style and good to see you choose not to develop all land expansions to create some green zones too.
Yes, we have little options in bridges and I'm still hoping to get some new ideas for them in the discussion here.

Panoramics indeed can created a timeline / timecapsule of our Towns Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun - 17:23 #27

Thanks! 

Rocky Rudd, I have Photoshop. I first tried doing it by hand and it was very hard. So then I used photoshop's photo merge (pano) tool. I took a lot of screen shots because I used my mobile phone (maybe 40). Photoshop couldn't handle merging all of my screen shots at once, but perhaps that is because up in the clouds things move around and cannot be automatically matched? After a few fails, I merged only the town sections in strips, no more than 4 at a time, then merged the sets one at a time. Photoshop did a fantastic job at this. I then added in the cloud sections by hand using the layers tool and masking out unwanted or overlapping portions.

If I were to try again I would do it from my iPad to have fewer screen shots!

I haven't looked into it, but I know there are some scrolling screen shot tools you can use on websites to capture more than just the view in the window. Would be interesting to know if there is something like that game players use to screen shot things like a whole town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun - 19:48 #28

@just_a_minute wrote:
Thanks! 

Rocky Rudd, I have Photoshop. I first tried doing it by hand and it was very hard. So then I used photoshop's photo merge (pano) tool. I took a lot of screen shots because I used my mobile phone (maybe 40). Photoshop couldn't handle merging all of my screen shots at once, but perhaps that is because up in the clouds things move around and cannot be automatically matched? After a few fails, I merged only the town sections in strips, no more than 4 at a time, then merged the sets one at a time. Photoshop did a fantastic job at this. I then added in the cloud sections by hand using the layers tool and masking out unwanted or overlapping portions.

If I were to try again I would do it from my iPad to have fewer screen shots!

I haven't looked into it, but I know there are some scrolling screen shot tools you can use on websites to capture more than just the view in the window. Would be interesting to know if there is something like that game players use to screen shot things like a whole town.

I'm still working with Windows Paint and that is an all-by-hand job incuiding cutting of the little house symbol on every of the about 45 needed screenshots. The five extra shots are to fix the missing links caused by the Towns name label.

Your nice job and the subscriptions you gave me nspires me to invest some(or more;)) time in Photoshop too.
Never too old to learn new stuff, right!?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 14:28 #29

may I ask if you have photoshop on a pc or tablet.
I’m asking because I’m on a tablet, I have photoshop and paint shop pro on my pc that I use for my graphic designs. I never tried to upload them onto my tablet because I thought they would be too heavy.
But if not it would be great to have at least one to use.
Back to top Go down

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 15:46 #30

Rocky_Rudd,

That is a lot of work to do it all by hand! I'm very impressed. I had a very hard time matching up by hand, especially some of the "moving around" in the factories and the things like the hot air balloon. Several of you are pioneers and I really do love seeing your whole towns. It inspired me to try!

Rocky and Cuddz,

I have a pretty serious photography hobby. I have a full version of photoshop on the MacBook and I use it quite often, especially layers and masking so it is worth the Adobe subscription. I mostly shoot landscape and night photography including astro photography. I've done a number of panoramas using photoshop so the photomerge tool was familiar to me. However, I know there are a number of panorama stitching programs that are free, I just don't know which are best.  But it really is just the push of a button after selecting the files. Oh, and like Rocky said I did have to first edit the screen shoots to get rid of the icons and "edit mode" on each capture. However, I was able to create a very short "action" in photoshop that cropped out just the middle with no icons. Then I batch processed the 40 images in a matter of seconds to open --> crop --> save ---> and close. So that is definitely a photoshop perk. I have never used PhotoShop on a tablet, so I'm not sure if it has these same tools.

After seeing my entire town I want to do a little rearranging and it has also inspired me to redo my zoo from the ground up. Since I "retired" after completing all buildings I had a lot of coins and tools so I went on an expansion spree in the zoo to prep. I would really love to see more zoo panoramas if anyone has them Smile

I've been traveling around visiting towns and it really is incredible how we all start with the same thing and end up so different! I'm surprised at the vast number of players (even high level 200+) that don't decorate at all - cram everything into corners, etc. I know we all have different play styles which makes sense, but I sure do love to decorate and babysit my town so it looks tip top Smile But I also HAVE to have things laid out efficiently so I'm not constantly moving all over my town to "work".
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jun - 16:24 #31

I thought I would share two pics of my towns panoramic view. The first was my effort, which took ages and alas did not show very well Sad

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 Img_2059

And then this fabulous creation by Ruud cheers

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 Downto12

There are minor changes to my town since this picture, and as this was for the snow and ice thread on Playrix forum. I have my Christmas decs out, which go into storage until the next time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun - 1:03 #32

Downton, I always loved your contributions to the other forum and feedback on deco! I really loved seeing your whole town. I like the top left section with the sequoias and cherry blossoms. I'm a sucker for pink! Recently I have started using more red and yellow together if it compliments the structure like China deco or stadium. On my zoo redesign it however, it will probably look like it was created by a barbie doll Smile All the pink!

I'm also amazed you have so many little villages of holiday stuff out at once. I think maybe because my houses are more spread out I have had to store all my holiday stuff and even my once beloved island village. 

But the big question I have for you is how do you like going back and forth across your town from fields on the far left to factories on the far right? I think it would drive me nuts not to have them all together, but I do like the look. Very integrated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun - 3:15 #33

Thanks @just_a_minute Very Happy

I try to use the different colour trees, but always end up with more pink than anything else Rolling Eyes Laughing They just seem to fit!

Yes  with my village stuff out, like Easter is a permanent feature in my town. I compromised how much room my housing has. For everything you want to put in your town there is definitely a trade off to be made with something else.

Now a confession. Regarding my crops and factories. I buy a lot of my crops from the market! I know, ridiculous right?! rofl,lol

So apart from wheat, and occasionally using the other crops (mainly for trains and helping neighbours), I don't really have to think about where my fields are, from a practical point of view Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

TheCrow

TheCrow

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun - 18:39 #34

Wow everyone. I've only just started playing the game and your towns look huge. I hope one day I reach at that point. Haha, now it's a small one. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jun - 18:51 #35

We all were where you are now so go hunt and gather all the patience you can find. You have one advantage some of us didn't have when we started: examples of mature towns for guidance, ideas and seeing what not to do according to your personal preferences. Good luck and enjoy your journey of discovery. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Elvengirl

Elvengirl

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun - 17:00 #36

Hi Ruud, to make a panoramic view is a great idea and I love to see the other towns that way!
However, it seems rather difficult to make such a picture. E.g. Playrix‘s edit mode should be on in order not to get the bubbles above the factories. The letters „edit mode“ and all other tools (coins, buttons etc.) have to be deleted from the screenshots. It seems very hard to do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun - 17:27 #37

Hi Elvengirl,

Indeed creating these Panoramic views is not an easy project. But results can be great! Wink 
So you've tried it yourself?
What program are you using to edit the screenshots?
And did you take you take yoyr screenshots from phone or from tablet?

I've read @just_a_minute 's tip to take screenshots from my tablet (thanks for that!) and indeed there are less screenshots needed than working from phone.

Is there anything specific I could help you with?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Elvengirl

Elvengirl

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 12 Jun - 19:38 #38

Ruud, I did not try it yet! But I will, using an ipad. On my PC I have Photoshop Elements and ofcourse Paint. When I get stuck I will send a cry for help to you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next