Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Lake House Renovations
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Today at 19:42

» Getting Back To Twitter and YouTube
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Today at 19:29

» Sheepishly Asking If Anyone Else Knits or Crochets?
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Arial Heights Today at 18:59

» Need for Seeds (April 5, 2021)
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Today at 17:37

» How many here play on Windows?
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Today at 16:48

» Mic's Table
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 15:12

» Extremely Risky Info - - be most cautious! Use at your own discretion!
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Kami2020 Yesterday at 12:44

» Admin and moderators?
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 16:25

» Teddy & Becky’s Weekly Prep List - April (each week as updated by T&B)
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Wed 7 Apr 2021 - 15:55

» Food, Hobbies, anything else off-topic!
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Wed 7 Apr 2021 - 12:12

» Say Hello!
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Wed 7 Apr 2021 - 9:26

» Township Wiki
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Wed 7 Apr 2021 - 4:55

» Need for Seeds
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 7 Apr 2021 - 4:52

» Co-Op Ads
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Nelly’s Mon 5 Apr 2021 - 22:05

» Songs of Township
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Mon 5 Apr 2021 - 20:26

» Race of Champions (6 April 2021)
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 5 Apr 2021 - 19:37

» How to Unlock Co-op Badges and Crests
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Mon 5 Apr 2021 - 18:04

» No cheaters in Easter Adventure???
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Mon 5 Apr 2021 - 12:41

» TS Reward Guide (T&B)
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Mon 5 Apr 2021 - 2:42

» Cross Stitch Patterns as Design Ideas???
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Sun 4 Apr 2021 - 12:52

» Can I change my township code?
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Fri 2 Apr 2021 - 4:27

» Feed Mill "Distribution"
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Mon 29 Mar 2021 - 17:50

» Bubble Gum Festival (March, 2021)
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Mon 29 Mar 2021 - 17:44

» 50 friends?
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Mon 29 Mar 2021 - 3:46

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!

Go down
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  Empty
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2020 - 12:32 #1

Have you ever wanted to see your whole Town in one view?
It was already a hot topic on Facebook page and on Playrix's Forum.
As an example: this is an aerial view of Ernie's town - so breathtaking!

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  72212093-1454722661402631-6638078427930820608-o

Show us panorama images of your town.

On this forum your achievement will be Eternal Fame and a loud applause from your fellow Forum members! !
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2020 - 13:20 #2

A view on your whole Town, making a photo of it in one click so you can use is as a postcard to send to friends is on the most-requested Wishlist for a long time. If that ever is gonna be available is unsure.
Till then there is an other method although it isn't as easy as 1, 2, 3...
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  71251511

How is it done?
First you collect screenshots of your entire Town.
Each screenshot is intended to be a puzzle piece. So every print has the same 'usable' space.
A comforting thought: if you put the screenshots on top of each other and you always work in the same direction (for example always in rows from right to left), part of the second to last puzzle piece will overlap with the piece you are going to put on it.
Take your screenshots row by row from right to bottom and then slide back to the right and 1 'box' up.
Then repeat these steps until you have also captured the sky and mountains.
What is especially noticeable when you start working in the highest regions of your Town is that the area behind the rock wall of your city is smaller than your city and therefore moves more slowly with the sliding to the right.

Once you have collected all the necessary screenshots, send them to the device containing your photo editing program.
I work with the familiar 'Windows Paint' myself so after making the prints on my phone I save them on 'Drive' to download them later on my PC. But of course you can use other 'cloud' apps and photo editing websites or programs.

After downloading to the PC, make your first puzzle piece by opening the screenshot at the bottom right.
Select the whole picture and 'cut' it. Then enlarge the released white surface to the maximum and paste your picture back and slide it to the bottom right.

Now save this image to 'Panoramic view' or something similar. Then edit the screenshots by using the 'free selection' tool to cut the button at the bottom right by selecting and copying the rest of the image.
Then paste that copied part into file 'Panoramic view' and move it to the first image.
An accurate job to place both parts exactly on top of each other, but the result is worth it.
Continue like this with the other screenshots.

You can simply 'puzzle' a favorite part of your Town or view the whole picture and show us your whole Zoo or Town in one big picture.
It depends on how much time and experience or willingness to learn you have.
But it is definitely worth a try!

And if you show your Towns name and Co-op name and code in your signature(or in this thread) you might been surprised oneday
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2020 - 13:33 #3

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  2359-F4-CE-EFF6-43-EC-A1-BA-4-A6-FE33-C04-C2
The picture in post #2 is my Town. The first Town shown in panoramic view was created by Nevada.
And it was Graylady's Town that was presented this way.

Still looking awesome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jo

Jo

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2020 - 13:49 #4

Great Rocky Ruud!  I would love to show a panoramic view of my city.  However, it seems difficult, especially since I don't have a computer, only this phone.  But I will try!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2020 - 15:51 #5

Jo fr wrote:
Great Rocky Ruud!  I would love to show a panoramic view of my city.  However, it seems difficult, especially since I don't have a computer, only this phone.  But I will try!

Thank you very much, Jo fr,
If you need help, a private message is easily sent Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2020 - 15:57 #6

Dear Graylady,
I could make a new panoramic view of your Town.
But out of respect for Nevada (it would be a challenge to even match her work) and still be able to do something with your Town, I decided to make a Postcard of your Zoo.
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  Zoo_gr10

The Arctic area is beautifully made and it is nice to see that there are special, most wanted decorations at the front of your zoo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2020 - 3:40 #7

I've done this with another game I used to play where we had a "kingdom" so I'm familiar with doing these panoramas. It IS really time consuming (until it's done). But, I'm waiting until more of my stuff is built, before I do it, as I don't want a full size pic of my whole town with gigantic weird gaps. Also, I'm without a computer at the moment, so it's hard to do these with just a kindle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 13:10 #8

@Zealous wrote:
I've done this with another game I used to play where we had a "kingdom" so I'm familiar with doing these panoramas. It IS really time consuming (until it's done). But, I'm waiting until more of my stuff is built, before I do it, as I don't want a full size pic of my whole town with gigantic weird gaps. Also, I'm without a computer at the moment, so it's hard to do these with just a kindle.

Hi Zealous,
Great to hear you already have some experience on creating panoramas.
Looking forward to your Town in that view!
A computer is definitely a great help on this job, so I will train my patience in the mean time Basketball Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  2603823199
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jo

Jo

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 14:03 #9

Rocky Ruud, thank you for your kindness to make a panorama of my town so quickly.  I tried for hours but I never got there, and you did it like snapping your fingers, I can't believe it!  I am so happy to be able to see a complete picture of my city thanks to you.  Thank you very much, Rocky Ruud, you are a great professional!  👍👍💙💙😎😎 
P. S. I do not know how to send to the forum this photo of my town that you sent me by private message.  Could you do it for me (again!), please Rocky Ruud?
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  Teacher-smiley-emoticon
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jo

Jo

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 14:11 #10

I found it!

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  Jo_cas11
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jo

Jo

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 14:33 #11

lol!
Another question : when writing my previous message, I received a notification on my screen. That was :
"A message has been saved. Do you want to recycle it?" 
Please, what does mean "recycle" in this context? Thanks in advance
👍 Question
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 14:41 #12

Jo fr wrote:
lol!
Another question : when writing my previous message, I received a notification on my screen. That was :
👍 Question

Please see this post 'HERE' Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jo

Jo

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 15:13 #13

Thank you Downtown, I should read these handy tips more often   Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  1f600  Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  1f453
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 15:16 #14

Jo fr wrote:
Thank you Downtown, I should read these handy tips more often   Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  1f600  Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  1f453

No problem @Jo fr Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 17:09 #15

Jo fr wrote:
Rocky Ruud, thank you for your kindness to make a panorama of my town so quickly.  I tried for hours but I never got there, and you did it like snapping your fingers, I can't believe it!  I am so happy to be able to see a complete picture of my city thanks to you.  Thank you very much, Rocky Ruud, you are a great professional!  👍👍💙💙😎😎 
P. S. I do not know how to send to the forum this photo of my town that you sent me by private message.  Could you do it for me (again!), please Rocky Ruud?
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  Teacher-smiley-emoticon
Jo fr wrote:
I found it!

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  Jo_cas11

Hi Jo,
It was very nice to be able to help you create an overview of your beautiful city!
You showed your Castle before, but gradually I discovered more fun things you designed.
That mini-castle on the right, the parade of Nessies through the center of your Venetian city.

It also takes me some effort to make such a panorama, although I already have a bit more experience with it.
The ocean water in particular has a lot of color gradient and that is hardly even to get.
But it is the bigger picture and I am glad that is created to your satisfaction!

Nice to see that you found my description of how to place a picture else where on this platform.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 17:27 #16

Jo fr wrote:
lol!
👍 Question

That "recycling" was not really clear to me either.
So after adding a lot of text and pictures, clicked "Yes" ...
All new text and added pictures disappeared ...
I won't be the first and definitely not the last to push the wrong button.

I guess this is a standard text, but I prefer the designers of this Forum software would use something like:
"Do you want to go back to your first saved message?"
or an additional pop up:
"Are you sure you want to go back to your first message? All progress will be destroyed!"

And it will take some time getting used to that pop up with the same question all the time, but I find it annoying and I would like to have the option and to turn it off. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 17:31 #17

Rocky_Ruud wrote:
That "recycling" was not really clear to me either. 
So after adding a lot of text and pictures, clicked "Yes" ... 
All new text and added pictures disappeared ... 
I won't be the first and definitely not the last to push the wrong button.

I guess this is a standard text, but I prefer the designers of this Forum software would use something like: 
"Do you want to go back to your first saved message?" 
or an additional pop up: 
"Are you sure you want to go back to your first message? All progress will be destroyed!" 

And it will take some time getting used to that pop up with the same question all the time, but I find it annoying and I would like to have the option and to turn it off. affraid

Like all forums/websites there will be things people like/dislike with it's mechanics. Naturally buttons we aren't familiar with will cause new forum users the occasional mistakes. As members become more accustomed to how things work here, they will become the norm and you will get used to them Smile

Also it is not a feature of the forum design/Software. No save feature existed. This had to be added via codes. In the long run I think it is better to have a save function. Once people get used to it, it will be very handy. As always if I am able to come up with an improved version I will upgrade it Very Happy

ETA
I have changed the pop up question. Also I have increased the time of no typing to 15 seconds, before auto save kicks in. Hopefully this will be more clear, causing less confusion Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Guest1

Prior Member
Guest1
Prior Member

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 21:07 #18

Thanks for changing the 'Wanna save?“ question!
This is more familiar and recognizable, so less collegea members will get an issue with this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!  I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 21:27 #19

No problem Ruud Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Send a postcard of your Town: the Panoramic view!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next