Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Hello guys
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MFjones Today at 8:36

» Hello guys
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby MFjones Today at 8:35

» glad to find this group
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby BlueSkyTown Today at 5:30

» "Easy" RoC Wooden League Co-op Question
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Yesterday at 19:10

» Need for seeds is coming soon!
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 19:09

» I wish Township would... and levelling up query
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 16:03

» Are you a Mac player?
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby maycee_shante Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 12:10

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Sunshine and Rainbows Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 5:45

» Disappearing crops
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 2:16

» Diggy's Adventure
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 22:09

» Greet Freight should start tomorrow
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 22:09

» Songs of Township
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 19:04

» Admin and moderators?
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 16:08

» R.O.C. Refresher information
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kami2020 Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 14:02

» If You Could Only Choose Five.....
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 1:51

» My last regatta
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 18:15

» Rev and Ride (Feb., 2021)
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 4:28

» Losing Help Number?
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby okaussie3 Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 18:00

» How many here play on Windows?
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 9:20

» Description on the co-op badges of how to achieve them
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:57

» Guess the Holiday
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:07

» Racing Solo
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 4:01

» This is scheduled to start (for all or test group?) February 19.
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 23 Feb 2021 - 19:58

» ADD ME: Friends on Android - iOS - Kindle
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 22 Feb 2021 - 13:13

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?

Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 Empty
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2020 - 1:23 #1

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys, use this section to share your Best Tips & Tricks with new and seasoned Mayors here  Very Happy

As this section grows we will do our best to organise it to make finding what you're looking for as easy as possible Smile

Thanks @MicMiller for suggesting a special section dedicated to Tips & Tricks! Great idea  thumbs

Please don't start conversations, let's keep this thread strictly on point sharing our tips and tricks! 

Future responses to posts will be removed. Thanks Very Happy

Last edited by Downton Admin on Mon 18 May 2020 - 12:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 Thinks this post is Awesome

Gareth Agrees with this post

View user profile
AuthorMessage

just_a_minute

Active
just_a_minute
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 20:51 #20

For the Industrial Boom event: Go to sleep with all of your factory shelves full of the longest timed items and all of your factory slots full of the "best return" items (there is a list). That will give you a nice head start in the competition. 

For the Super Harvest event: 16 hours before you are going to start the event, plant all of your fields with silk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eiggam

Eiggam

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Jul 2020 - 13:46 #21

Not a very experienced player but with the help of my wonderful co op, snooping on the web and some testing, managed to find some shortcuts... Maybe not everybody has the same ones or disagree with the ones I have but they work for me quite nicely. I am an active daily player.

Tip1 is hoard everything: clovers, mining tools etc

Tip2 is use mining tools rarely, only when some task requires you to and with booster if possible. For example, in double ore event or during regatta, use it with the mining booster. I started competing only the last day of double ore so that I could use only one booster. Mind you I don't have 1000s of tools  rofl,lol

Tip3 clovers can accumulate quickly or slowly depending on your gifting habits. While all of us use them for HOL regatta events or to finish tasks, I like using 50 as soon as I level up - I always get one of the new things I should be able to manufacture. While I was waiting for expansion tools for the island and am now waiting for island to become available, HOL has given me plenty of fish and shrimps, very useful.

Tip4 hoard T Cash and first spend it on hiring Raja. Best to hire for a day, after the day is finished, you will get a 20% discount so you get Raja for 10 days. After that, buy boxes in factories and from Raja. If you don't need products, buy ore. Check the list of max items you can get (https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Goods) and haggle for that. In terms of market, I always end up buying all products from Raja, usually skip only some veggies that I can grow within an hour. 

Tip5 find a generous co op. Before you join, check help counts of members. If they are not at least in double digits, best keep looking

Tip6 target upgrades, e.g. if you are working on Train 2 and I need x bronze, y gold etc and produce that. Barns have limited space so by targeting specific things you are saving space instead of ending up in a situation to get rid of ingots and upgrading what you can to increase barn space. I started upgrading factories, the first 3, them moved to trains, now back to factories. See what you need. If you can send the trains quickly, upgrade them. If you have issues filling them, upgrade factories first, usually the ones that cause bottlenecks. For me, sugar. And diary. But mostly sugar  rofl,lol

Well this ended up long  What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 4294494771
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rainglaze

Rainglaze

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Jul 2020 - 19:41 #22

Helping others with helicoper orders has been a great way to help others earn serious coin...and at the same time, earn enough clover for yourself to take a trip to HOL about every 5 minutes! But I've noticed help requests that make me cringe....copter orders for 6 syrup and 6 bananas or 8 freakin fish etc...stuff that wipes out supply quickly. I suggest you dump orders that give you a bad deal. If you fill those bad deals, you will notice that more bad deals keep popping up. Train your board and dump the bad ones. Fill only orders for over $1000 (higher when you have a booster running) and ones that ask for only one of each thing. I personally think some crop orders for a bunch of wheat or something are okay too.Then your future orders will be more of the same. I can get orders for over $8500 for filling single amounts of items. This happens without a booster. Happy coptering!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2020 - 4:23 #23

I don't really have a tip or trick. But I do have a question which might end up being a tip, so I thought I'd ask here.

Can someone explain the relationship with heli orders and level? I'd like to know if the amount one makes increases because they've leveled up, or because of particular factories with higher paying items or both.

In other words, does one make more from the sale of a couch at 100 than they do at 64, assuming both levels have the same upgrades?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2020 - 4:41 #24

OK, I'll leave a few tips since I'm asking questions. 

1. Save tcash for buying Raji. And buy your ore from him when you have him. You can, then, save your tools for the mining events. And don't spend all your tools on the first mining day, especially if an Ore Galore will be included.
  *If you win a 1 free purchase from Raji perk, if possible, use it on a day you want to hire him for a week. Using that perk will trigger an offer for a discount to rent him, which will save you some tcash.

2. You don't have to build/open everything you're prompted to build. Decide what you want to do in your game before you buy community buildings or open features, as those buildings can't be sold if you change your mind.

3. Build 1 community building at a time. Sometimes the trains won't give you items you need if you have multiple buildings waiting for materials (this includes the zoo).

4. If you don't care about the zoo, don't open it until later. You'll get something from Ernie instead of zoo cards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2020 - 4:46 #25

@Rainglaze wrote:
I can get orders for over $8500 for filling single amounts of items. This happens without a booster. Happy coptering!

Really? Are you a high level player? I never ever get very high coins for crops, which is why I dump them. This is interesting info.

I totally agree with your advice about dumping low paying/low xp orders. Save resources for the higher ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rainglaze

Rainglaze

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2020 - 11:10 #26

Hi Zealous,
Thats a good question. I would think the amount of money you get for filling helicopter orders increases as you level up. I was at level 90ish when i started testing out my theory and was pleased to get $5500 for a single item order without using the booster. I do know that plane and train crates require more to fill them as you level up. But even at a lower level, i found that you can increase the amount of money you receive for filling copter orders if you dump the bad deals. I have a rule for myself not to accept deals for $1 for a piece of jewelry. Now i can get $2 for one piece and $3 for 2 pieces. Perhaps a customer would offer more if i started dumping the $3 offers for jewelry. I havent tested that out. Be picky with which orders you fill and you'll be pleased with how much more coin and cash you receive. Train your helicopter order board!🙂
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2020 - 14:35 #27

Check TS Family FB Group and Forum in the days leading up to an event you haven't played before. Someone somewhere will have posted useful tips, for example, not to upgrade barn if Prof. Verne coming soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rainglaze

Rainglaze

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Jul 2020 - 22:14 #28

Heres a good order with a gold pass.What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 Screen11
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Jul 2020 - 3:29 #29

Good to know. Thanks @Rainglaze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Casey0987

Casey0987

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Aug 2020 - 3:26 #30

Macintosh users tip. I move the Township screen over to the left and open the Notes app on the right. Notes contains helpful info like what my next plane will need, train needs, zoo needs, times for Tcash cost of trains and market, and when my Alexa timer goes off what it was timing (like when a new heilocopter order will appear.) Here is a screenshot of mine. Here is a screenshot.What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 Townsh11What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 Townsh11
Back to top Go down

Rainglaze Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

dnana1

Active
dnana1
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Aug 2020 - 15:33 #31

Boost your trains to level 21 as fast as you can.
Build only 1 community building at a time.
Ignore the zoo. It sucks resources and gives nothing back.
Helicopters are the best way to make coins.  To hasten their return for a refill, send the copter, immediately visit another player's town, immeditely come home, copter will be on the pad.

dancing banana
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Farosinthesun

Farosinthesun

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 3 Sep 2020 - 9:51 #32

@Rainglaze wrote:
To add to the great market box tip, having 200 + boxes is helpful in winning the transport magnate events. If you want a nice lead and want to sleep at night without fear of someone knocking you out of 1st place as you sleep, you need a nice cushion...i like to lead by 1000. I personally couldnt do that without a huge market or large capacity barn for that matter.
But I've also played with strong players who have huge help levels,  are competitive racers and they only have 25 boxes. Their factories stay very busy! So like it was stated before,  it depends on how you play. ...I've gotten lazy so I'm big on market boxes.😊
How many rows in the market do you have for 200 boxes? I'm only on 2 rows at the moment, just bought another 5 today but scrolling goes on forever!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rainglaze

Rainglaze

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 4 Sep 2020 - 19:48 #33

Hi Farosinthesun, to scroll one page is 10 boxes (i think 9 on the first page) ...i have 230 so 23 pages. Ive learned to scroll thru quickly and keep my eyes peeled for exactly what im looking for. It's not so bad. Scrolling thru academy of industry feels more brutal when you are upgrading your islands. 😜
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Eiggam

Eiggam

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 8 Oct 2020 - 23:13 #34

Tip number 54394: when Playrix sends you a message, scroll to the end. They often apologise, they congratulate you on x days playing etc and when you scroll to the end you can get a lovely 🎁

My 100 days playing gift were 3 gold ingots and today I got 3 platinum ingots for 125 days  spent playing this addictive game What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 747291953 cheering yay
Back to top Go down

Chorilandia Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Calliie

Active
Calliie
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2020 - 7:46 #35

The Art of Stocking:
#1 Always stock enough to fill all plane crates
#2 Stock minimum 6 for all items that required 1h to produce in factories.
#3 always ask for 3 helps for planes and trains.

Rationale:
As factories upgrade and items becomes faster to produce items needed by plane will increase. But barn space will have also increased. Tip 2 is helpful for level 70 and below. (Tried and tested by Co Op).
Always check the wikia for goods required by plane as a guide.
Back to top Go down

Eiggam Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Calliie

Active
Calliie
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2020 - 9:40 #36

The Art of Dumping Plane.
1. Plane can be dumped by sending it empty. Do not struggle to fill 3 x 9 sugar + 3 x 6 ice creams planes. There are just too many sugars needed. Save yourself and your neighbours some troubles by just sending the plane immediately away when it lands. Syrups, creams and cheese planes are subjective, if you can fill them all on your own go ahead, if you need help not many will help. And also dump the 3 x 8 cloth planes and 3 x 11 feathers plane. 1 cloth can become 1 shirt, 1 coat etc.

The implication is you reset your running streak of planes sent in the Town Hall. But then you really don't need the streak after like 15 planes ( by memory, too long ago), to collect all the rewards.
Back to top Go down

Neighbor Jane Agrees with this post

View user profile

douglasnorth

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 9 Oct 2020 - 10:38 #37

@Calliie wrote:
The Art of Dumping Plane.
1. Plane can be dumped by sending it empty.
 I used to dump planes using your strategy. Why waste resources on ridiculous quantities? But I recently modified my strategy when I realised I was depriving someone of a few easy clovers. So now I will ask for help on the 3 easiest crates, then send the plane off without wasting any of my own resources. Usually doesn't take very long for someone to fill my afh's.

Doug
Windows laptop, level 60
Back to top Go down

Calliie Thinks this post is Awesome

Neighbor Jane and Vicki Agrees with this post

View user profile

Michelle

Michelle

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2020 - 0:08 #38

Here are a few things that have been working for me. 
BEFORE REGATTA:  
         1.  Stockpile all the mining tools.   don't use any. 
         2. Save your letters and clovers, We are allowed 100 letters and 50 clovers.  So I keep track so as not to go over those limits. 
         3. I try to make sure all animals are ready (for the beginning of feed the animal quest) when we take care of ALL the animals; not just cows and/ or chickens to complete the task. 
         4. Upgrade my barn every chance I get. (When I have enough materials)
         5. I try to get some goods already made; like cotton fabric, silk, paper, cream, sugar., etc. 
         6. Save items that take a while before bed. so they are done when I get up. (or almost done) 
         7. I almost never get the market guy, except at discount and almost only for ore.  ( I just recently started doing this) 

DURING REGATTA : 
         1. Take easy tasks first . Not planes or trains.
         2. Plan ahead for a future task. 
             a. Making a product ; fill all but 1 shelf with task product. 
             b. Send all ships out to same island then leave them alone until I start the task. (I will pull an item if I need to (not task). Peach Island is bit different since it's the quickest .
         3. I still help others regularly, but I've learned to be a bit reserved on what I give away and to who. (yes, there is a reason for being a meanie and not sharing)
         4. HAVE FUN and DON'T STRESS.  Try not too.

RANDOM TIPS:
         1. Only 1 community building at a time.
         2. If I start getting too many of 1 type of tool, I will sell just enough to be 1 or 2 under what I need. The trains will start bringing different tools. 
              2a. Upgrading zoo stuff helps to up materials sometimes. 
         3. I think the mint and the jewelry store is a waste of time and resources. (I will build the jewelry store later If I find I REALLY NEED IT). 
         4. I try to be as organized and as consistent as I can be or as well as the game will allow.  
         5. FOR NEW PEOPLE AT LOWER LEVELS, BUY LAND, BUY LAND, BUY LAND!!  I wish I would have done that.  I was constantly running out of room. Right now I'm at level ummm, no idea,  64 I think.  and have all the community buildings done that I can have for the moment.
Back to top Go down

Mic Miller Thinks this post is Awesome

Neighbor Jane Agrees with this post

View user profile
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next