Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Hello guys
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Today at 9:42

» Regatta Enchanting Oasis theme and seasonal tasks
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Today at 9:37

» Hello guys
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby MFjones Today at 8:35

» glad to find this group
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby BlueSkyTown Today at 5:30

» "Easy" RoC Wooden League Co-op Question
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Yesterday at 19:10

» Need for seeds is coming soon!
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 19:09

» I wish Township would... and levelling up query
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Light of the World~Emily Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 16:03

» Are you a Mac player?
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby maycee_shante Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 12:10

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Sunshine and Rainbows Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 5:45

» Disappearing crops
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Fri 5 Mar 2021 - 2:16

» Diggy's Adventure
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 22:09

» Greet Freight should start tomorrow
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Thu 4 Mar 2021 - 22:09

» Songs of Township
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 19:04

» Admin and moderators?
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 16:08

» R.O.C. Refresher information
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Kami2020 Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 14:02

» If You Could Only Choose Five.....
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Wed 3 Mar 2021 - 1:51

» My last regatta
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 18:15

» Rev and Ride (Feb., 2021)
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 4:28

» Losing Help Number?
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby okaussie3 Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 18:00

» How many here play on Windows?
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Kaytown Sat 27 Feb 2021 - 9:20

» Description on the co-op badges of how to achieve them
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:57

» Guess the Holiday
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Fri 26 Feb 2021 - 12:07

» Racing Solo
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Wed 24 Feb 2021 - 4:01

» This is scheduled to start (for all or test group?) February 19.
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Tue 23 Feb 2021 - 19:58

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?

Go down
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? Empty
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2020 - 1:23 #1

Hi guys, use this section to share your Best Tips & Tricks with new and seasoned Mayors here  Very Happy

As this section grows we will do our best to organise it to make finding what you're looking for as easy as possible Smile

Thanks @MicMiller for suggesting a special section dedicated to Tips & Tricks! Great idea  thumbs

Please don't start conversations, let's keep this thread strictly on point sharing our tips and tricks! 

Future responses to posts will be removed. Thanks Very Happy

Last edited by Downton Admin on Mon 18 May 2020 - 12:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

BKNBLK13 Thinks this post is Awesome

Gareth Agrees with this post

View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2020 - 2:14 #2

Sometimes you can do something for years before a Notion asks: "There has got to be a better way." It happened to me while upgrading my tea factory. I had smelt hundreds of ingots in preparation for its arrival and am presently blitz smelting to upgrade this new factory to the level of my other factories (44 & 45). I was visiting the Academy of Industry and scrolling down so many times I worried about an allergy flare up with redundancy. But Notion had a suggestion: "See if there is a shortcut." So I opened the factory window and touched the Level Star. Another window opened showing the AoI's section for this factory. No more be bopping and scrolling! The Notion started to say: "See if it..." I cut it off, finished Level 20 and threw silver ore into the furnaces for the next upgrade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2020 - 4:57 #3

MicMiller wrote:
Sometimes you can do something for years before a Notion asks: "There has got to be a better way." It happened to me while upgrading my tea factory. I had smelt hundreds of ingots in preparation for its arrival and am presently blitz smelting to upgrade this new factory to the level of my other factories (44 & 45). I was visiting the Academy of Industry and scrolling down so many times I worried about an allergy flare up with redundancy. But Notion had a suggestion: "See if there is a shortcut." So I opened the factory window and touched the Level Star. Another window opened showing the AoI's section for this factory. No more be bopping and scrolling! The Notion started to say: "See if it..." I cut it off, finished Level 20 and threw silver ore into the furnaces for the next upgrade.

Yep. When l was upgrading all facs from 2 shelves to 27 (50 % speed) I moved the fact I was working on to an easily accessible spot on it's own to avoid scrolling.
Now am getting each fac I buy up to 27 I use the star of the first train as a shortcut to the bottom of the factories.
Back to top Go down

Neighbor Jane and Vicki Agrees with this post

View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2020 - 16:33 #4

The Bubble Gum Festival is coming. I know from my friends group many don't play because of difficulty or disability. I have won these by using a stylus instead of my finger. If you don't have a stylus, visit YouTube.com and search for how to make a touchscreen stylus. Good luck and happy chewing!
Back to top Go down

Neighbor Jane Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Light of the World~Emily

Active
Light of the World~Emily
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeWed 13 May 2020 - 20:55 #5

The trick a lot of you likely know, but I'll put it here anyway--made my life a million times easier.

Send a heli, visit someone's town, immediately return to your own, and your heli will be back at your pad in less time than if you sat around and waited for it.
Back to top Go down

Neighbor Jane and tinapomaha Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeFri 15 May 2020 - 0:08 #6

I find it is better to stick to one chest (I prefer the center one) for the most Ts. My record haul is T54 for fifty clovers. I just got T48 for 100 clovers. The T20 chests disappeared for awhile during the winter and then returned but now occur less frequently. Of course, YMMV.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2020 - 14:23 #7

There are good reasons for taking screenshots of your town and zoo. Documenting your latest, greatest iteration in case your account is accessed by an intruder may seem like an improbability but it does happen (it happened to me). So map out what you have. Having a record in your photo library will make recovery and inventory taking possible when your Township file is secured.

Another is for look backs of your town's/zoo's progress over the months and years. As your investment of time increases so does the value to your psyche. Like any real urban organism, your town will grow, change in many ways, and mature into something that doesn't resemble what you started with. If you think you will want to take a "walk down memory lane" someday, take periodic screenshots -- especially when you make significant changes.

If I have a regret when it comes to playing Township, it is not taking screenshots from the beginnings of Optimal Prime and having its evolution documented. I do feel fortunate though I had enough time to record everything before my intruder sold/storaged/deleted everything but the community buildings and housing. What a nightmare that was. Only the screenshots made Optimal Prime's rebuilding possible. (This is a town laid out according to professional new town planning standards and optimized for competitive events.)
Back to top Go down

dnana1 and Mattkc67 Agrees with this post

View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeSun 17 May 2020 - 12:44 #8

If you bought the Gold Pass you may be getting a Factory Upgrade soon. Know that you do not have to collect it while the ProfV's Experiment event is ongoing. Consider leaving it on the Rewards progress bar until a high-requirement/desirable factory upgrade presents itself. Also, figure out which of your factories requires the most smelting time before you collect any Factory Upgrade reward at an event's conclusion and the ingot requirements are hidden until the coupon is used.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Honey

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2020 - 4:27 #9

I was in a Co-op with a friend and they were level 70+ and didn't realise you could upgrade your trains, boats and factories at the AOI. This was a long time ago as I remember they were selling their ingots for coins at the Mint affraid

So it may seem obvious, but my tip is start upgrading everything you can at Academy of Industry as early as possible Smile

Oh and if you love decorations create your own Co-op if you don't want to be in a team. You get some lovely decos from the yacht club without spending game cash Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Neighbor Jane Agrees with this post

View user profile

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2020 - 7:42 #10

Well I wouldn’t have realised players wouldn’t realise they could upgrade things.
So that’s a brilliant tip for new players.
Thanks for that Honey

thumbs
Back to top Go down

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2020 - 8:46 #11

Prior to the start of an event, let your gifts from friends float around town (if you can manage to avoid touching them). Collect them after the event begins so as to get the special tools, fuel cans, limited-time products, or whatever else is available for the duration of the event.

Likewise, save up the maximum amount of clovers to, hopefully, win event-related items. Doing so can get you better start than your competition. When event and regatta starts coincide, save the clovers for any HoL tasks until you finish your race.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 8:15 #12

Surprised no-one said it yet.....
Only build one Community Building at a time
Back to top Go down

Farosinthesun and Rainglaze Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 8:26 #13

Job One is barn upgrades. Always. While it will never feel like your barn is big enough for what you need it to store, remember this is a multi-dimensional management game. Do whatever you can, wherever you can and whenever you can to increase your barn's storage capacity. Management control and the ability to increase game strategies and tactics depend on how big your barn is. Think big! Then think "bigger"!
Back to top Go down

dnana1 and Neighbor Jane Agrees with this post

View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2020 - 10:43 #14

Job Two is upgrade your trains — first to max the time reduction (50%) and then to increase the experience (XP). After your trains start returning in halftime mode, start working on Job Three: factory upgrades. Now some will decide to upgrade one factory at a time to -50% Time, but it is better pay equal attention to all your built factories. When a new factory is built, focus on getting it up the same level(s) of your other factories before continuing the factory upgrade rotation. During periods of wait, pray, burn incense and sacrifice fly balls (the baseball kind) that Playrix will someday allow plane and ship upgrades.
Back to top Go down

dnana1 Agrees with this post

View user profile

CaseMoline

CaseMoline

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeThu 21 May 2020 - 8:17 #15

The Double Rewards event is in 6 days; you receive double coins for every plane and helicopter you send off.
I use a "double coins for every helicopter order" booster at the same time so I get double and then double on top of that Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeSat 13 Jun 2020 - 1:10 #16

Not sure if I'd call this a "tip". But I have really loved the feature that allows you to dump huge chunks of your town into your storage, including community buildings, houses, etc. and redecorate your space. While I know you can't keep those things in your storage permenantly, it's great to be able to try out a look in a certain space, especially if you're unsure, and then shift things around, rather than having to have a spot for bigger items that can't be stored on your board, and shift things around. 

I don't know how many times I have built up a scene to see if I would like it, discovered I didn't, and then been able to cancel everything, and have everything go back to normal again. It might sound dumb, but that might be my favorite part. Often, I'm not ready to buid a particular part of my town yet, because i haven't built the buildings I need. But it's very cool to be able to pull a similar building from somewhere else and/or houses, from other places, do up the space to see how it looks and then cancel the changes and not have to put everything back the way I found it, or be annoyed that I spent coins on things I don't need or want to use. 

What is not cool is designing a space and then discovering I hate it, after I already built the buildings. I didn't know about how this feature worked until somewhat recently, so I built a few houses for a section, and then put a deco there and then discovered I hate those houses in that space. So now I'm going to have to go through all the annoyance of looking at them until I get to a point where I can buy what I want and swap them out. I would have greatly appreciated knowing how that feature worked better, earlier in the game. Glad I know now (not a big deal about the houses. At least they weren't high coin houses. Still annoyed though as I would have built something different if I'd have seen it all together ahead of time).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

maycee_shante

maycee_shante

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2020 - 6:55 #17

one of the best tips i learned was regarding storage. as @Mic Miller stated this is multi-dimensional management game. no matter how many barn upgrades you do it never seems like enough. for myself the zoo enclosures take up most of my barn storage because they require high amounts of building materials. use the shelves in your factory as storage. you can use them to hold items while clearing your barn storage. use the academy of industry to add extra shelves and buy additional storage boxes when you can. make you need and any extra sell to make room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeSat 27 Jun 2020 - 3:04 #18

When you can afford buy Market boxes.
But only buy what you think you need.
I have 36 boxes and that’s enough for me, however I know players that have 200+ 
They strategise that having all those boxes means they can usually buy anything they need for Trains, Planes or Helis, leaving Raj free for buying ore or ingots.

Personally my 36 boxes is enough, I use Raj to buy products I can’t make.
I get my ore from the mine and am constantly smelting.

So it all depends on how you play your game.

geek
Back to top Go down

Rainglaze

Rainglaze

What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? I_icon_minitimeFri 17 Jul 2020 - 20:09 #19

To add to the great market box tip, having 200 + boxes is helpful in winning the transport magnate events. If you want a nice lead and want to sleep at night without fear of someone knocking you out of 1st place as you sleep, you need a nice cushion...i like to lead by 1000. I personally couldnt do that without a huge market or large capacity barn for that matter.
But I've also played with strong players who have huge help levels, are competitive racers and they only have 25 boxes. Their factories stay very busy! So like it was stated before, it depends on how you play. ...I've gotten lazy so I'm big on market boxes.😊
Back to top Go down

Farosinthesun Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile
What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next