Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Delay in the regatta
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Yesterday at 22:59

» COVID-Let’s talk about it!
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Yesterday at 22:51

» Msg to Members feature in Co-Op
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Yesterday at 16:49

» Another Update
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Yesterday at 14:11

» Top Contributor
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 3:34

» Township Funnies!
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 14:49

» The UTF Music Playlist
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 10:43

» The UTF Comedy Sketch Corner
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 19:33

» Regatta 135 point Task Charts
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Fri 17 Sep 2021 - 18:13

» Songs of Township
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 22:17

» Factory Regatta Tasks & Factory Upgrades
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 20:57

» Day at the Beach tasks
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 17:56

» Playing the market
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 8:45

» Co-Op Ads
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Nerico Sat 11 Sep 2021 - 23:45

» Questions about Community buildings
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 11 Sep 2021 - 18:27

» Say Hello!
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 6 Sep 2021 - 10:45

» Mic's Table
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sun 5 Sep 2021 - 11:37

» Next Regatta Season
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 10:22

» Post pictures of your town to be shown on our Twitter & Instagram page! :)
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 4:53

» PC update out
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby NonaBelle Wed 1 Sep 2021 - 3:11

» Ernie is back at the Helipad
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 19:04

» Quotes Do you have any quotes that identifies you?
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 18:18

» Weird decoration - looks like a hut with a light beacon
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 11:59

» T&B Race of Champions Prep Chart 2021
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 10:28

New topics
» Msg to Members feature in Co-Op
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Yesterday at 16:12

» COVID-Let’s talk about it!
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Gracie Yesterday at 14:18

» Delay in the regatta
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 12:29

» Another Update
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 22:54

» Regatta 135 point Task Charts
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 20:10

» Playing the market
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Tue 14 Sep 2021 - 15:38

» Day at the Beach tasks
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby Finch's Landin Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 6:12

» Questions about Community buildings
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeby catlover88 Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 1:25

Questions about Community buildings

Go down
AuthorMessage

catlover88

catlover88

Questions about Community buildings Empty
Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2021 - 1:25 #1

I am on Level 54. I have played a lot so leveled up really fast. I made the mistake and started several community buildings at one time and some I didn't even want so it took a while to catch up to get those done.

My question is Do they all have to be completed? Some of them I don't really like or want. I would rather pick some that I like. 

I can build them out of order can't I?

Thanks
Back to top Go down

just4fun Agrees with this post

View user profile

Daneborg

Active
Daneborg
Active

Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2021 - 2:03 #2

The community buildings control housing which controls fields to plant and so on.

Best not to skip any, build in order and one at a time. Delivery of building supplies gets all snarled up when more than one is under construction at a time.

Landscape them or tuck them in a corner if you find them unattractive but do build them.
Back to top Go down

dnana1, Neighbor Jane, Chorilandia and just4fun Agrees with this post

View user profile

Kevsville

Active
Kevsville
Active

Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2021 - 19:14 #3

And when you reach I think it’s level 70 you’ll have the dubious pleasure of having to make tools in order advance further.
A monument cock-up by PlayTricks in my opinion.
Nothing should make it harder to progress for people who have shown commitment by making it so far with their town,than unfair barriers.
I was lucky in as much as I had almost all my stuff before the tool store was “invented”
Back to top Go down

Neighbor Jane, Chorilandia and just4fun Agrees with this post

View user profile

dnana1

TC
dnana1
TC

Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2021 - 19:52 #4

The problem with not building them all is that the game doesn't know you didn't build them and will start asking for goods from them at the level it gave them to you.  This means you will either have to chat request for stuff you need or expand your market boxes, which is way more expensive than just building the thing and hiding it.

The only one I'm not building in my level 53 town is the jewelry factory because I do not use ore to make jewelry and I dump Don Pacone and the jeweler the second they appear at the copter pad, unless I have jewelry from the HOL to get rid of.

You will be offered the Tool Exchange at level 60.  Upgrade your trains to level 21 (a MUCH better use of ore than jewelry) as fast as you can to get ready for it because you exchange regular tools for power tools to build all comm bldgs after level 60.  Once you get used to it, and you will because it is absolutely necessary if you want to keep playing, it's not bad.  Here is the wiki page that explains the Tool Exchange.  Learn it, live it, love it.  Smile

https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Tool_Exchange
Back to top Go down

Gracie, Chorilandia, just4fun and Daneborg Agrees with this post

View user profile

Sunshine and Rainbows

Sunshine and Rainbows

Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2021 - 11:48 #5

Hi Catlover

You don't have to complete all the Community buildings...I haven't.

I've been playing for over 3 years. As I progressed, I thought I would see what would happen if I didn't build a couple, namely the hydro dam and fitness centre, which I didn't want to place in my town decor. I also avoided a few ugly houses.

It will work out perfectly okay. I now have a high number of fields and could build a couple more houses to get more fields if I want, but have no problem with tasks. I have completed all town expansions except the last three. 

Completing one building at a time is great advice. Factories are very important as you level up and the only one worth missing is the jewellery factory if you so chose.

Save up mining tools and do Ruler of the Mine regularly to gather more coin and tcash. It's the easiest event for giving you resources to grow your town.  thumbs
Back to top Go down
View user profile

douglasnorth

Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2021 - 13:50 #6

I stopped building factories a while ago. Just buy what I need at the market. Never have trouble with tasks. Once I got 100 fields, I stopped building CB's, don't need any more houses and the extra space in the barn not taken up by building materials comes in handy.

Not much you can do if you make the mistake of trying to build more than one CB at a time. Just concentrate on finishing them one at a time, selling off extra building materials b/c the game tends to send you more of what you already have too much of, and not what you're short of LOL.

Doug
Windows, level 79
Back to top Go down

Gracie Agrees with this post

View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 1:52 #7

@Daneborg wrote:

Landscape them or tuck them in a corner if you find them unattractive but do build them.

I think almost any town we visit will have some edge or corner with CBs and/ or housing all crammed together.  In my town, the ugliest CBs are across the back, against the cliffs. (I realized later these are nearly all automobile themed CBs, mostly with lots of visually jarring black paving.)

I guess it isn't strictly necessary to build every community building, but the extra farm fields are pretty useful especially when you get to crop tasks for things that take too long for multiple plantings.  

I'm not sure it matters if we do the CBs in order or not, the important thing is not to start more than one at a time.  I also stopped buying zoo enclosures because those seemed to affect the parts drop rates.  (I think we've been told they don't, I'm not sure how we could know for sure.)  For me, finishing the last CB felt like a real accomplishment, partly because it let me start back on the zoo.

I disagree with Kevsville, though, about the tool exchange.  What this change did is significantly reduce the number of items accumulating in the barn for the CB.  For example, Level 59 Auto repair shop requires 24+34+35 parts to complete.  The next one, Level 60 Planetarium requires 30+8+5 parts. My first CB under this system was the Flower Shop.  From that one until the last one, I was always able to have the tools needed for a CB by the time I reached that level.  It just requires preparation and planning to know which tools the next CB wants and making useful exchanges.  The table in the wiki Community Buildings page was really useful for this.
https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Community_Buildings#Community_Buildings
Back to top Go down

dnana1, Chorilandia, Lil Bear and Daneborg Agrees with this post

View user profile

Medamana

TC
Medamana
TC

Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 8:39 #8

When I started playing this game a few years ago, I wanted to integrate the CB's and houses into my town design from the start. I didn't want any areas with crowded houses / CB'S. For my town, I've found a way to make that happen. One disadvantage is that many new decorations have to remain in the warehouse for the time being. When I had all the town expansions, I was able to keep one or two areas free for changing decorations and I often redecorate there.
Here are three sample images for integrating the houses into my town design:
Questions about Community buildings Bildsc95
Questions about Community buildings Bildsc97
Questions about Community buildings Bildsc96
Back to top Go down

Mic Miller, Chorilandia, Lil Bear and Daneborg Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Mayfield

Senior
Mayfield
Senior

Questions about Community buildings I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 18:27 #9

@Medamana wrote:
When I started playing this game a few years ago, I wanted to integrate the CB's and houses into my town design from the start. I didn't want any areas with crowded houses / CB'S. For my town, I've found a way to make that happen. One disadvantage is that many new decorations have to remain in the warehouse for the time being. When I had all the town expansions, I was able to keep one or two areas free for changing decorations and I often redecorate there.

I mostly did this, apart from the 6 or 7 CBs I disliked the most.  I'm not creative enough to use buildings and deco to make pictures or some of the fantastical things we see in Lucky towns, so my goal was to build a town that looked like it could be a real town and a nice place to live.  Like yours, all my buildings have street access and all the multi-family housing has some lawn, trees, flowers or fountains to soften the look.

And, yes, there is space for all that plus some left to change out for Halloween, Christmas, etc.  Right now it's a water maze with hodgepodge of fun decor that doesn't really go anywhere else.

That kind of takes us back to the original question of this topic - another reason to buy all the CBs is that population also affects our ability to buy land expansions.
Back to top Go down

dnana1, just4fun and Daneborg Agrees with this post

View user profile
Questions about Community buildings
Page 1 of 1