Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Delay in the regatta
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Yesterday at 22:59

» COVID-Let’s talk about it!
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Yesterday at 22:51

» Msg to Members feature in Co-Op
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Yesterday at 16:49

» Another Update
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Yesterday at 14:11

» Top Contributor
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 3:34

» Township Funnies!
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 14:49

» The UTF Music Playlist
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 19 Sep 2021 - 10:43

» The UTF Comedy Sketch Corner
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 19:33

» Regatta 135 point Task Charts
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Fri 17 Sep 2021 - 18:13

» Songs of Township
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 22:17

» Factory Regatta Tasks & Factory Upgrades
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Thu 16 Sep 2021 - 20:57

» Day at the Beach tasks
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 17:56

» Playing the market
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 8:45

» Co-Op Ads
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Nerico Sat 11 Sep 2021 - 23:45

» Questions about Community buildings
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 11 Sep 2021 - 18:27

» Say Hello!
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 6 Sep 2021 - 10:45

» Mic's Table
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sun 5 Sep 2021 - 11:37

» Next Regatta Season
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 10:22

» Post pictures of your town to be shown on our Twitter & Instagram page! :)
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Thu 2 Sep 2021 - 4:53

» PC update out
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby NonaBelle Wed 1 Sep 2021 - 3:11

» Ernie is back at the Helipad
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 26 Aug 2021 - 19:04

» Quotes Do you have any quotes that identifies you?
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 18:18

» Weird decoration - looks like a hut with a light beacon
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 11:59

» T&B Race of Champions Prep Chart 2021
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Wed 25 Aug 2021 - 10:28

New topics
» Msg to Members feature in Co-Op
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Yesterday at 16:12

» COVID-Let’s talk about it!
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Gracie Yesterday at 14:18

» Delay in the regatta
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 12:29

» Another Update
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 22:54

» Regatta 135 point Task Charts
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 20:10

» Playing the market
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Tue 14 Sep 2021 - 15:38

» Day at the Beach tasks
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby Finch's Landin Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 6:12

» Questions about Community buildings
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeby catlover88 Wed 8 Sep 2021 - 1:25

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.

Go down
AuthorMessage

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. Empty
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2021 - 17:59 #1

Does anyone else literally argue with the people in commercials or tv shows or movies giving their 2 cents worth? Here's a few examples of stuff I currently encountered.

1. That commercial where Shaq is telling everyone that the insurance with the general is a legit company. I'm guessing some people somewhere have voiced their doubts that it is an actual insurance company.  My response is WHY are they questioning a guy and a cgi of a person (the general) promoting a certain insurance company and yet apparently no one has thought to question the validity of a talking lizard or a guy who's partner is a cgi ostrich.  I get that the insurance co. names are familiar, but really??  

2. There is a commercial about some bug stuff that kills cockroaches (YAY) anyway the tag line is cockroaches have evolution on their side, you have _____ on yours.  Well, if the miserable little bugs have evolution on their side then eventually they are going to develop an immunity to the product sold in the commercial which would make it useless and your pocketbook empty. 

3. Underwear that I guess soaks up a woman's monthly??  Now that sounds disgusting and gross!  What idiot thought this would be a good idea?  NO, NO, NO.  

4. Avengers movies-  Has anyone ever noticed that Thor has some issues?   Oh, I'm not worthy or I don't know if I am worthy? Really?  You are a god just because you get your butt kicked once in a while during a minor scuff now and again does not mean you're not still a bad a$$. Just grab your hammer do that really cool lightening thing and call it good. 

5. Cooking shows/ tournaments on tv. - apparently sanitation is optional.  Good Lord!  Too many here to get into. 

6. Tv guide info on the tv-  Many times I have looked at the info to see what the current episode is about and it will read something like;   When so and so and whosits become aware of the situation they        and that's it, that's all I get....  I'm like They?  They what?  what did they do? or not do?  And what situation?   I'm so confused, even if I have seen the movie or tv show and I actually know what happens, I'm still confused.

Reality shows (NO. I don't watch them, I think they are stupid) but I have seen an episode or 2 of a couple)  involving people
 hunting for treasure.  That Oak island one where they dug all the place trying to find gold or some treasure (no idea what they were trying to find) that I guess people have been looking for, for hundreds of years,  With as many holes that have been dug on that island someone has bound to have found it by now. I can just picture the entire island resembling swiss cheese.  And another one where some guy did a dive to find some lost coinage that no one had been able to locate for thousands of years and yet he dives down and 2 or 3 steps later he just happens to "find" a coin that leads him to believe he is in the right area. This is right after he tells the audience about ALL the people that have searched that exact area for the lost treasure of Somebody or other and never found anything. 

What are some of your random thoughts about commercials and stuff?

Last edited by Michelle on Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 18:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to correct a typo demon mistake, told you I was slow...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile

just4fun

Active
just4fun
Active

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2021 - 21:12 #2

the candy 1 that says (sorry) not sorry ticks me off kinda like Playrix currently..
they oughta partner up! lol
Back to top Go down

Michelle Agrees with this post

View user profile

Daneborg

Active
Daneborg
Active

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Jul 2021 - 23:28 #3

Umm, a dumb question: Why watch stuff that is irritating?

I cut the cord - TV, Cable, Satellite, Direct TV, Streaming services - did I miss any? - and I'm still in one piece and much more relaxed. The only service I support is Public Broadcasting (streaming) and catch a series every few months - commercial free at no extra charge. My wallet thanks me too.
Back to top Go down

Michelle Agrees with this post

View user profile

douglasnorth

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2021 - 13:21 #4

Car commercials that portray the cars as wild animals or even worse the one where they are three wild teenagers doing their own thing and talking back to the parents.

Commercials that have fine print on the bottom that you couldn't read with a 100 inch tv even if they left it on the screen long enough to read.

Game shows where the contestants don't know how to play the game, especially Jeopardy where few people know how to bet in Final Jeopardy in order to get the best chance of winning.

And on and on. But I thank the inventor of VPN's that allow me to watch British tv from Canada.

I keep telling my wife that the people on tv can't hear her, but then I turn around and shout at them myself LOL

Doug
Windows, level 77
Back to top Go down

Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Jose

Jose

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2021 - 13:26 #5

@Michelle wrote:
Does anyone else literally argue with the people in commercials or tv shows or movies giving their 2 cents worth? Here's a few examples of stuff I currently encountered.

1. That commercial where Shaq is telling everyone that the insurance with the general is a legit company. I'm guessing some people somewhere have voiced their doubts that it is an actual insurance company.  My response is WHY are they questioning a guy and a cgi of a person (the general) promoting a certain insurance company and yet apparently no one has thought to question the validity of a talking lizard or a guy who's partner is a cgi ostrich.  I get that the insurance co. names are familiar, but really??  

2. There is a commercial about some bug stuff that kills cockroaches (YAY) anyway the tag line is cockroaches have evolution on their side, you have _____ on yours.  Well, if the miserable little bugs have evolution on their side then eventually they are going to develop an immunity to the product sold in the commercial which would make it useless and your pocketbook empty. 

3. Underwear that I guess soaks up a woman's monthly??  Now that sounds disgusting and gross!  What idiot thought this would be a good idea?  NO, NO, NO.  

4. Avengers movies-  Has anyone ever noticed that Thor has some issues?   Oh, I'm not worthy or I don't know if I am worthy? Really?  You are a god just because you get your butt kicked once in a while during a minor scuff now and again does not mean you're not still a bad a$$. Just grab your hammer do that really cool lightening thing and call it good. 

5. Cooking shows/ tournaments on tv. - apparently sanitation is optional.  Good Lord!  Too many here to get into. 

6. Tv guide info on the tv-  Many times I have looked at the info to see what the current episode is about and it will read something like;   When so and so and whosits become aware of the situation they        and that's it, that's all I get....  I'm like They?  They what?  what did they do? or not do?  And what situation?   I'm so confused, even if I have seen the movie or tv show and I actually know what happens, I'm still confused.

Reality shows (NO. I don't watch them, I think they are stupid) but I have seen an episode or 2 of a couple)  involving people
 hunting for treasure.  That Oak island one where they dug all the place trying to find gold or some treasure (no idea what they were trying to find) that I guess people have been looking for, for hundreds of years,  With as many holes that have been dug on that island someone has bound to have found it by now. I can just picture the entire island resembling swiss cheese.  And another one where some guy did a dive to find some lost coinage that no one had been able to locate for thousands of years and yet he dives down and 2 or 3 steps later he just happens to "find" a coin that leads him to believe he is in the right area. This is right after he tells the audience about ALL the people that have searched that exact area for the lost treasure of Somebody or other and never found anything.

the underwear has an environmental goal. It’s made of organic cotton, that is with low use of water and pesticides. By using it you can avoid using plastics used in womans monthlys, or of course you can use the cup, thus using rubber.
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls, Gracie and Michelle Agrees with this post

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2021 - 14:55 #6

@Daneborg   Not a dumb question.  and I do like the cooking tourney shows even with some issues. I also like the Avengers movies (at least the ones I've seen). Not all is irritating.  

@Jose   I kinda figured there was a reason for the under-panties, But they still sound really icky. 

@just4fun  that would be the Reese's commercial; which made me think of the one for Haribou Gold gummy bears where the adults have children's voices,  I finally looked up to see the commercial after hearing it for a few months and have regretted it since.  It's just creepy and disturbing; I can never un-see that.
Back to top Go down

Gracie Agrees with this post

View user profile

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2021 - 14:59 #7

@Jose wrote:
@Michelle wrote:

the underwear has an environmental goal. It’s made of organic cotton, that is with low use of water and pesticides. By using it you can avoid using plastics used in womans monthlys, or of course you can use the cup, thus using rubber.

Yep, it saves all of these disposable sanitary products ending up in landfill (or stops them blocking sewers up by women who insist on flushing them down the toilet). Given how many of these disposable products are currently used I think these alternatives are a great idea. The underwear may sound gross or icky Michelle, lol rofl,lol . But they are hygienic (well as hygienic as the person using them). They have layers that not only soak the period up, but lock it in, keeping it away from your skin. Just change them regularly and wash them properly. In fact they are less gross than using some of the standard non eco-friendly alternatives. I say a very clever person thought them up  Smile
Back to top Go down

Gracie Agrees with this post

View user profile

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2021 - 15:12 #8

The most annoying advert on tv for me right now  Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Gracie and Michelle Agrees with this post

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2021 - 15:15 #9

@Downton Falls  ok, point taken, But at 54 years old I might be reasonably close to menopause (maybe) so before too long I won't even have to worry about those things.  Yay.

( I mean not worry about the objects in question not the environment)
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls and Gracie Agrees with this post

View user profile

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2021 - 15:25 #10

@Michelle wrote:
@Downton Falls  ok, point taken, But at 54 years old I might be reasonably close to menopause (maybe) so before too long I won't even have to worry about those things.  Yay.

( I mean not worry about the objects in question not the environment)

Well if I'm honest, the whole things a bit icky for me. So I hope to be reaching that point soon as well Michelle. At which point I shall have a little celebration, lol  Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. Party-blower-smiley-emoticon
Back to top Go down

Gracie and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Gracie

Mod
Gracie
Mod

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2021 - 17:15 #11

One good thing about chemotherapy…it threw me into menopause and my period never returned! Although being nauseous and having hot flashes wasn’t much fun.
TV…my thoughts are more like…1. They actually PAY people to come up with these ideas, and 2. Do they really think that people are that stupid?  
If it has 4 wheels and goes FAST, you have my attention.
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls and Michelle Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Michelle

Active
Michelle
Active

Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc. I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2021 - 17:58 #12

I find the peloton commercial where the guy goes they can't break you a bit entertaining; only because I imagine the conversation with me going more like this-  Step away from the Cheetos and put down the cinnamon roll!  YOU FAT!! pig They can't break you!  BUT I CAN!  GIT YO A$$ BACK ON THAT BIKE and PEDAL!  I can just hear that guy yelling at me.  

There's also a bike or something? that makes the entire room look like you're biking through a beautiful country side or whatever you choose. Knowing me I would be taking a nice leisurely ride and forget where I was at and get off the bike to enjoy the scenery and quite possibly pick some wildflowers. Or stop to smell the flowers.  LOL  Keenan told me, "I can see you doing that too."
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls and Matmat Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile
Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
Page 1 of 1