Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Opting out
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Yesterday at 22:42

» Town Visits
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Yesterday at 22:20

» Regatta theme - Primeval - upcoming
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Neighbor Jane Yesterday at 20:41

» The UTF Music Playlist
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Yesterday at 20:10

» Two-year milestone gifts
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby EWoolf Yesterday at 18:39

» Ruler of the Mine 5.10.21)
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mike Yesterday at 12:38

» Songs of Township
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Yesterday at 0:02

» Golden Ticket (Splats, Town Fair and Pirate Seeds!!!)
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sun 9 May 2021 - 21:46

» Say Hello!
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Sun 9 May 2021 - 18:38

» Mic's Table
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Sun 9 May 2021 - 14:34

» Need for seeds 5/17
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Sun 9 May 2021 - 12:47

» Prize Wheel
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Sun 9 May 2021 - 2:13

» Township Wiki
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sat 8 May 2021 - 6:11

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Fri 7 May 2021 - 14:04

» Great freight 5/5
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Mike Fri 7 May 2021 - 11:39

» Character / Customer names - what are they ?
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Fri 7 May 2021 - 10:05

» Township Recipe Book by T&B
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Thu 6 May 2021 - 18:33

» Extremely Risky Info - - be most cautious! Use at your own discretion!
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Thu 6 May 2021 - 18:08

» To solo or not to solo?
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 6 May 2021 - 8:43

» How many here play on Windows?
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Wed 5 May 2021 - 14:20

» Update coming?
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Wed 5 May 2021 - 13:55

» Buccaneer Event Suggestions
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Willow Mist Wed 5 May 2021 - 1:42

» Regatta gold level
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Mon 3 May 2021 - 17:37

» Buccaneer - town level 23 - cream and syrup tasks
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 3 May 2021 - 8:12

The professor’s experiments in May

Go down
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Elvengirl

Elvengirl

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 Empty
The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 5 May 2020 - 12:57 #1

First topic message reminder :

Just starting this thread to express my joy that the experiments start tomorrow!
dancing banana dancing banana
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuthorMessage

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 7 May 2020 - 13:35 #20

Downton Admin wrote:
I will hammer my dealer for mining tools. I really want to win a few Mayor events for the Achievements.
Using the Busy Trade booster gets you a bigger hammer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Willow Mist

Active
Willow Mist
Active

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 7 May 2020 - 14:41 #21

I think it's not so nice they upped the points required to finish . . . not that i won't finish but i know some that might be miffed. guess it's a good time to close the forum so there's nowhere to complain? lol lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 7 May 2020 - 17:02 #22

The there were lots of complaints that the experiments were too quick to finish...
So..it means they have listened by making it take longer to finish.
Same old thing...can’t please everyone.
Back to top Go down

Willow Mist

Active
Willow Mist
Active

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2020 - 0:17 #23

they shoulda notta complained . . . thought they were bringing 'bonus tiers' for those people?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2020 - 1:45 #24

Yes, I was not pleased to see those complaints last time (or the time before that) when people finished. Frankly it's always boggled my mind why people would go to a message place to complain that they finished early so there's nothing left for them to do. It's weird, and it doesn't just happen with Verne's event. I've seen comments like that about other events when people have earned the prize early and then complained that it was over too quick. I equate it with virtual signaling.

For me, I don't get done too early so I'm hoping it won't be one of those things were I don't finish at all. On the first one I did finish, but it was the last day. And the the second one I finished early, but it was because I got a few things that helped me get my barn upgraded in time (which I didn't think would happen because I'd just upgraded it right before that event started). Guess we'll see.

Either way, this event is fun and I like having the extra goals to work on, particularly because I'm infuriated with color splash and don't even want to look at it. Smart move of Playrix to have both events at the same time. I don't see anyone talking about that event, and I don't blame them. If that was the only event running I would be checking my game, maybe, once a day to run my trains and send gifts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Willow Mist

Active
Willow Mist
Active

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2020 - 2:38 #25

oh the color splash event is a bad one . . .they want 10 TC to continue . . . not!!

yes, last of verne's events i did the daily events and let the weekly ones stack up, allowing me to double play where the daily and weekly crossed over Smile and ignored the tasks i really don't like so it spread it out for me to enjoy the whole time instead of being done in a week-ish?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

golfattack

golfattack

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2020 - 9:47 #26

could any one tell me please, the first Professors Experiment, we got dealer coupons, use so many and you got 10 days for 36 Ts on the next buy. The Second time around I had 17, so used them, but then had to buy dealer at full price. Now May is the 3rd Experiment and dealer coupons are once again being offered. Are they going to be the same as last time? If so, should we just use them up while we have the dealer for 72 Ts for 10 days, or will using them upset the dealer while you may still have him say for 5 more days? They seem to only be good for people who may only occasionally buy the dealer, where I have him all the time. Any input would be ever grateful. Thank you
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2020 - 10:31 #27

@golfattack wrote:
could any one tell me please, the first Professors Experiment, we got dealer coupons, use so many and you got 10 days for 36 Ts on the next buy. The Second time around I had 17, so used them, but then had to buy dealer at full price. Now May is the 3rd Experiment and dealer coupons are once again being offered. Are they going to be the same as last time? If so, should we just use them up while we have the dealer for 72 Ts for 10 days, or will using them upset the dealer while you may still have him say for 5 more days? They seem to only be good for people who may only occasionally buy the dealer, where I have him all the time. Any input would be ever grateful. Thank you

Using 4 or 5 in quick succession to 'fool' the Dealer into offering a 50% discount was a glitch that was fixed quickly.

For those of us that hire Raja every 10 days the vouchers are of no use (yet,...)
There have been several suggestions for how to make them useful,  though don't know if any have reached the Devs ( https://forum.playrix.com/showthread.php?279697-One-time-dealer-coupons/page3 ).
Personally I am hoarding them for if purchasing the Gold Pass disrupts the helivideo guy for long enough to leave me too short of TC to buy Raja's services.

Edited to add link

Last edited by JayS on Fri 8 May 2020 - 10:57; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

golfattack

golfattack

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2020 - 10:41 #28

Thank you JayS for your quick reply, I had a feeling that was the case, so will just keep them for now. Many thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jo

Jo

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2020 - 13:22 #29

Downton Admin wrote:
Lol, I do love the experiments as well @Elvengirl Very Happy

I have never bought the Gold Pass yet, but even all the free rewards are really generous. I think it's one of the best things Playrix added to Township.

Can't wait for it to start. Who knows I might even try the Pass The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 1069687031

Hi Downtown and all! I wish we could also buy the Gold Pass with the township dollars we earn by playing. I sent an in-game message to Playrix to say so. If you agree with me, could you also ask Playrix for it in your own game? Thank you. Jo
Back to top Go down
View user profile

JayS

Active
JayS
Active

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2020 - 13:47 #30

Jo fr wrote:
Downton Admin wrote:
Lol, I do love the experiments as well @Elvengirl Very Happy

I have never bought the Gold Pass yet, but even all the free rewards are really generous. I think it's one of the best things Playrix added to Township.

Can't wait for it to start. Who knows I might even try the Pass The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 1069687031

Hi Downtown and all!  I wish we could also buy the Gold Pass with the township dollars we earn by playing.  I sent an in-game message to Playrix to say so.  If you agree with me, could you also ask Playrix for it in your own game?  Thank you.  Jo

Salut Jo
As special decor bundle and gold pass are the only things that get this "radine" (miser) spend real money, I fear your pleas will fall on deaf ears. Playrix surely track who spends what when and design the game accordingly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Jo

Jo

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2020 - 14:48 #31

JayS, thanks for your advice. For me, it's not about being stingy but where is the pride of playing well for someone who wins by spending money?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2020 - 21:33 #32

Jo fr wrote:
JayS, thanks for your advice. For me, it's not about being stingy but where is the pride of playing well for someone who wins by spending money?
I agree with all the competitions, some players find the win is what they want however they win it.
But..the prof. experiments are not a pay to win thing.
We don’t win anything we just play our game and get prizes as we go.

I have to agree with JayS, I too fear your wish will fall on deaf ears.
They have to make money somehow, and tbf they give us back way more in prizes than the cost of the pass.
Back to top Go down

Jo

Jo

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 14 May 2020 - 21:54 #33

Cuddz wrote:
Jo fr wrote:
I agree with all the competitions, some players find the win is what they want however they win it.
But..the prof. experiments are not a pay to win thing.
We don’t win anything we just play our game and get prizes as we go.

I have to agree with JayS, I too fear your wish will fall on deaf ears.
They have to make money somehow, and tbf they give us back way more in prizes than the cost of the pass.

I understand, Cuddz  hugging
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2020 - 3:33 #34

For me, I'm not really concerned about spending $$ on the game. I would if I felt like I wanted something. But, as it is, I did spend a little bit a the beginning, when I first started (and it was a good sale too) and haven't since. That's not to say I would never buy the gold pass. But I haven't felt motivated enough to do it. Some of the perks it offers are interesting. But not interesting enough to fork out some coin for them (at least to me).

Now, if they offered a bunch of decos that I really wanted (as in, I, definitely, want to see these items in my town) then I would be more strongly inclined to spend some money. As it is, however, I find that Playrix is quite generous with opportunities for tcash within the game (at least for android; I can't say if it's the same for windows or other platforms), and I haven't come across enough decos I wanted, where I ran out of tcash & felt the need to buy more.

Perhaps when I get higher up in level, and have earned most of the tcash prizes available in the game, then that might change. But, as of right now, I haven't felt the need.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 18 May 2020 - 7:54 #35

Even at higher levels we can still earn tcash the same as in earlier levels. It’s the same through the game.
I only spend tcash in regattas, cos I can be impatient waiting for tasks to renew. 
I will buy decos if I can win them or earn them, cos I’m a deco hoarder. 

I used to ignore the video guy, but I watch now and get 1tcash alternate with coins.
I buy tcash when the offers have a deco with them.
All in all I don’t spend that much...and some months spend more than others.

As for the gold pass I think it is well worth it for the tcash rewards alone as it would cost more to buy the same amount through the game shop.
Back to top Go down

Gracie

Mod
Gracie
Mod

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2020 - 1:39 #36

The Hubbs and I both buy the gold pass and then see who can get their tasks done first. We are both disabled and are home the majority of the time, so we are on Township most of the day. Anxiously awaiting the new ongoing tasks for this week!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Active
Zealous
Active

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2020 - 21:28 #37

Today when I saw the next long term tasks I was in a bit of a panic, seeing that the one for helping your coop with requests was worth 100 points. I don't recall that one being worth that high an amount last time, but either way, I always have to skip it since I don't even have my coop opened. 

I'll still have enough points to finish since I've done all the daily requests (haven't finished all the long ones but I will). But I would prefer Playrix not have the coop ones, at such a high point value. I'm not the only one who didn't do the coop and I know there's a bunch of people who only have 1 person in their coop. 

How does someone fill 50 requests if they have only 1 person? Can you join another coop to fill the request? Is there a way around that? (won't work for me since I didn't even restore it, but I'm just curious).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 20 May 2020 - 21:36 #38

Yes I think the only workaround for those in a single person co-op would be to join another co-op. 

I doubt anyone would do it though. Unless you have a baby town or can find someone to babysit your co-op while you are gone, you would lose your own co-op if you left it unmanned. An empty co-op automatically gets closed  The professor’s experiments in May - Page 2 1f626
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The professor’s experiments in May
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next