Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» The UTF Music Playlist
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 23:37

» Town Design Thread
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Yesterday at 23:23

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Yesterday at 0:19

» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Wed 4 Aug 2021 - 23:30

» Songs of Township
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 4 Aug 2021 - 11:13

» Hey Doug!
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby douglasnorth Tue 3 Aug 2021 - 12:28

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Mon 2 Aug 2021 - 14:34

» Unable to participate in Regatta
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby BlueSkyTown Mon 2 Aug 2021 - 0:59

» Town Visits
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Kevsville Sun 1 Aug 2021 - 22:36

» Regatta Tasks & No. of 135pt tasks vs Co-op size (Racers)
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 31 Jul 2021 - 16:35

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Mon 26 Jul 2021 - 14:39

» Township Wiki
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 14:11

» How many here play on Windows?
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Elby714 Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 0:36

» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Sat 24 Jul 2021 - 17:58

» Buying Market Baskets
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby just4fun Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 15:33

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:52

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:04

» Image for The Great Gatsby/Golden Ticket
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 15:49

» Um...Is My Signature Showing Up?
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 14:43

» Disappearing crops
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 0:04

» Recent Change to Township Wiki
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Mon 19 Jul 2021 - 10:57

» Top Contributor
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 17 Jul 2021 - 19:00

» HELPER requested / OFFERING help / GP tcash Accumulators Message Board!
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 19:01

» Co-Op Ads
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Wakanda Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 15:10

New topics
» Hey Doug!
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Sat 31 Jul 2021 - 21:31

» Unable to participate in Regatta
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby catlover88 Sat 31 Jul 2021 - 17:34

» Random thoughts about commercials, tv shows, etc.
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Michelle Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 17:59

» Beach Adventures (July 27 ~ August 24, 2021)
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Fri 23 Jul 2021 - 14:10

» Buying Market Baskets
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Buckeyes Thu 22 Jul 2021 - 22:02

» Ruler of the Mine 7/26/2021
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Medamana Wed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:52

» Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:07

» Cloud PC for Win10 - Win11 to follow
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Tue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:04

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game

Go down
AuthorMessage

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game Empty
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:07 #1

I am asking for volunteers to write some beginner tutorials for those first starting Township, to add to our forum. I mean some real basics. As if you have just installed the app and are just starting your journey.

I hope we can build some tutorials up here for newcomers  Tutorials for beginners of Township Game 3951035613
Back to top Go down

Chorilandia and just4fun Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Mic Miller

TPro
Mic Miller
TPro

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:46 #2

I suggest we start by compiling a list of beginner questions. Then we can logically order them and work on their answers. (The best questions will come from TS newbies and not the game veterans.)
Back to top Go down

Neighbor Jane and Chorilandia Thinks this post is Awesome

Downton Falls, Medamana, just4fun and Daneborg Agrees with this post

View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2021 - 16:53 #3

@Mic Miller wrote:
I suggest we start by compiling a list of beginner questions. Then we can logically order them and work on their answers. (The best questions will come from TS newbies and not the game veterans.)

A good idea could be to go through anything posted on our forum and the old forum maybe? Could be the start of compiling a list. I am happy to comb through such and start listing it?  Tutorials for beginners of Township Game 3951035613
Back to top Go down

Medamana, Mic Miller, Lil Bear and Daneborg Agrees with this post

View user profile

Daneborg

Daneborg

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2021 - 21:24 #4

The thing I found most baffling was how skimpy The help was from Playrix. I joined a large Co-Op straight off but the members ignored most questions. Then I went to the internet to find answers.

The new beginners need to find us. I didn't understand that I needed an account to access the most current topics and thought what I saw without one was all there was. Having an account has made a big difference.

I'm not a dab hand at navigating the forum yet but it's getting better!
Back to top Go down

just4fun Agrees with this post

View user profile

Daneborg

Daneborg

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2021 - 22:20 #5

My best piece of advice for the brand new player is to build what the game prompts you to and in the suggested order. House of Luck & Marketplace most notably. Use Tcash sparingly if at all. When you open the port don't waste ingots but save for upgrading factories & trains (Academy of Industry). Hoard gems for when you have the Laboratory and can get boosters rather than buy decorations straight off.

Play, ask questions, read ...
Back to top Go down

dnana1, Hope1982 and just4fun Agrees with this post

View user profile

Daneborg

Daneborg

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2021 - 22:46 #6

The Art and Etiquette of asking for Help with Orders. Wink
Back to top Go down

Neighbor Jane Agrees with this post

View user profile

Hope1982

Hope1982

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeTue 20 Jul 2021 - 23:05 #7

My tips for a newbie: *save your tcash in the early stages, DO NOT use it to speed up buildings or land expansions.
*Upgrade your trains as soon as soon as you can, faster is better, as more supplies arrive quicker to grow your town.
*Find a great co-op that matches your game play style, i love my co-op, they're an amazing team!
*when you find a co-op during the regatta, if you can't commit to racing, "be a lifesaver, not an anchor", opt out and help your team as much as you can.
*buy as many animals as you can, more products to produce, which means more xp and coins
*try to upgrade your basic factories first, i.e. sugar, dairy, bread, fabric. Those factories produce items you need to produce other items in factories. Again, faster is better on these types of factories.
Always happy to help 😊
Back to top Go down

Neighbor Jane and Daneborg Thinks this post is Awesome

Gracie and just4fun Agrees with this post

View user profile

Daneborg

Daneborg

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Jul 2021 - 0:09 #8

A tip for upgrading: Balance coin vs experience. Too much coin you are rich with nowhere to spend it & too much experience you level up fast but have no coin to finance it.

Err to the side of coin just a little.
Back to top Go down

dnana1 and just4fun Agrees with this post

View user profile

catlover88

catlover88

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2021 - 15:02 #9

I am fairly new. I am on level 37 and play a lot. I have a few questions on how to advance from here.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on this game but it is taking too much time for my commercial buildings to get finished so I can't build more houses........ you know how that goes.

1. Is there anything I can do to get the supplies I need to get some of these buildings complete? I do work on running my trains on a regular basis. For example: I just got 3 trains back and only one slab in one train.

2. I don't understand how the Academy of Industry works. I do mine and have some ingots but I don't know where and what I should improve first and if that's the best place to use the ingots.

Thanks
Back to top Go down

just4fun Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Matmat

Active
Matmat
Active

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2021 - 17:07 #10

@catlover88 wrote:
I am fairly new. I am on level 37 and play a lot. I have a few questions on how to advance from here.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on this game but it is taking too much time for my commercial buildings to get finished so I can't build more houses........ you know how that goes.

1. Is there anything I can do to get the supplies I need to get some of these buildings complete? I do work on running my trains on a regular basis. For example: I just got 3 trains back and only one slab in one train.

2. I don't understand how the Academy of Industry works. I do mine and have some ingots but I don't know where and what I should improve first and if that's the best place to use the ingots.

Thanks
When you have ingots, upgrade bread, dairy and sugar factories first. This allows faster production of items to both use in other factories, use on requests, zoo and transports. The more help you give, the more clovers you will have for house of luck...which gives building supplies.
Dont give up! In under 2 years I am at level 188 and there were some times it got really frustrating! Also, always choose XP points instead of coins when upgrading.
The people here want you to succeed and keep playing!
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls and Medamana Agrees with this post

View user profile

Matmat

Active
Matmat
Active

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2021 - 17:19 #11

Always check the achievement list. Knock out the ones that take time not money. It's a good way to earn tcash. If you have an open area, build a grid of roads...get credit and delete the roads enough times to get the award. Grow wheat and sell for the award. Participate every opportunity in regattas and events to get materials and boosters. Save barn boosters as much as possible...you will need them. At your level I think I kept at least 6 of many items to help in requests...bread 12. When you do have "spare" tcash, invest in market crates slowly.
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls and Medamana Agrees with this post

View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2021 - 17:25 #12

@catlover88 also check some of the threads in this section of the forum

Township Basics (click me)

and....

Charts/Guides (click me)

And continue to ask questions on the forum. Members will always help however they can  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Matmat

Active
Matmat
Active

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2021 - 17:27 #13

Oh! And helicopters! They are the best! Delete orders that ask for too many items with little pay...constantly send orders! As often as you can. They are a great resource for XP points and coins for beginners
Back to top Go down

Medamana and Daneborg Agrees with this post

View user profile

Daneborg

Daneborg

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeWed 28 Jul 2021 - 23:38 #14

@catlover88 Read the Tips and Tricks from beginning to end: What are your Tips & Tricks in Township? (unofficialtownshipforum.com)

The trains don't always bring what we need when we need it. If you are trying to build a few Community Buildings and/or Zoo Enclosures at the same time the trains will be "muddled". If this is your situation finish them as supplies become available and don't start another until they are finished. Then build one at a time.

Community Buildings should be a priority as they drive your ability to build housing which drives getting fields to plant.

Factories don't need materials - just cash and a place to build them - so don't impact what you get on the trains.
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls and Mic Miller Agrees with this post

View user profile

Daneborg

Daneborg

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug 2021 - 0:51 #15

As far as upgrading factories the jury seems to be hung but I still advise start with coins, experience then coins again. If you do experience only you will find yourself leveling up every other day if you are an active player. There hasn't been time enough to get barn materials, coin or land expansions and you will find yourself painted into a corner. Take time over coin/experience whenever possible.

Been there...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Daneborg

Daneborg

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug 2021 - 1:12 #16

As a preface to any tutorial I'd like to suggest a sticky that advises players that there are different markets & platforms and that the advice may not apply to everyone or even over time.

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP
Back to top Go down

Downton Falls, Mic Miller and Chorilandia Agrees with this post

View user profile

Downton Falls

Admin
Downton Falls
Admin

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game I_icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug 2021 - 14:34 #17

Quote :
As a preface to any tutorial I'd like to suggest a sticky that advises players that there are different markets & platforms and that the advice may not apply to everyone or even over time.

Tutorials for beginners of Township Game ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP

Yes good idea. Thanks @Daneborg  Tutorials for beginners of Township Game 1069687031

Although at first the tutorials really would be extreme basics. I think a tutorial explaining about platforms, the way Playrix runs events these days, and how stuff can change at any given time would be a good idea in itself. This could be a sticky within the forum they are placed. Then maybe add a link to that tutorial at the bottom of all the others. I have noticed unless something is referred to within the thread people are reading it tends to get missed altogether. Even as a sticky  Smile
Back to top Go down

Arial Heights Thinks this post is Awesome

Mic Miller, Chorilandia and Daneborg Agrees with this post

View user profile
Tutorials for beginners of Township Game
Page 1 of 1