Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Today at 1:19

» Food, Hobbies, anything else off-topic!
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Today at 0:34

» The UTF Music Playlist
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Yesterday at 23:34

» Next Regatta Season
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 16:19

» Songs of Township
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 22:35

» Delayed Start ROC
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 21:46

» Lucky Coupon, June 19, 2021
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 20:03

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 11:10

» RoC FAQ by T&B and the Leaders of Township /June 15-21
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Arial Heights Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 0:22

» Question about selling houses
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 0:57

» Great Freight (6-14-21)
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:33

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 19:22

» Township Wiki
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Adarsh13 Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 11:46

» Mic's Table
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Thu 10 Jun 2021 - 23:32

» My First Stab....
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Thu 10 Jun 2021 - 1:59

» Transfer My Game
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby sue Wed 9 Jun 2021 - 17:49

» Jungle Quest is here 6/3 (plus share & find lucky towns here)
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 9 Jun 2021 - 1:06

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Lutka48 Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 20:31

» Update is here/IOS
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Fri 4 Jun 2021 - 13:53

» When your contractor subs out to some dude he picked up at Home Depot.
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 21:50

» WTFIT??? The acronym thread
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 18:59

» 50 friends?
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 14:52

» What are your top 3 favorite t.v / telly shows?
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 6:00

» Over 1000 members!
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Campogiro Tue 1 Jun 2021 - 23:16

New topics
» Delayed Start ROC
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 11:30

» Lucky Coupon, June 19, 2021
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 20:03

» Great Freight (6-14-21)
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:09

» Next Regatta Season
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 11:54

» Question about selling houses
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby CaseMoline Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 1:32

» RoC FAQ by T&B and the Leaders of Township /June 15-21
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 21:06

» Transfer My Game
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby sue Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 14:52

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mike Mon 7 Jun 2021 - 14:00

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment Empty
PostTraveler Log - 2nd Installment

And here is my second installment   welcome

July 15th

We arrived at SPLIT via ferry, after a 6-hour crossing of the Adriatic Sea.
SPLIT is the main city of the Dalmatia region, the capital of Split-Dalmatia County and the second most populous city in the country after Zagreb (capital of Croatia). It is an important fishing port on the Adriatic, as well as a major cultural and tourist centre; the old town is an architectural jewel, declared a World Heritage Site in 1979.
The entire city is built around Diocletian's Palace. This fortress was built in the 4th century as a combination of a luxury villa: a summer house and a Roman military camp, and was the site of Emperor Diocletian's retreat.

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 9ac1e910

The palace is not enclosed, so there are no prices or opening hours.Inside there are houses, shops, restaurants and several narrow streets that are worth wandering through.
It has 4 fronts, and each one of them has an access door that leads to a private courtyard: the PERISTYLE. The doors are: SILVER, GOLD, IRON and AENEA doors.

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment Ecd22810
PERISTYLE

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 27809810
GOLDEN DOOR

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment Dd82c910
IRON DOOR

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 308eaa10
SILVER DOOR

The truth is that, beyond being considered a World Heritage Site, we did not find it as beautiful as it is described, and we preferred to continue our walk through the old part of the city which, compared to Dubrovnik, it was quite disappointing.

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 43b04610
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment C3370f10
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment Cdbb6610

The day came to an end, and after dinner, we went to bed looking forward to what awaited us the next day: a boat trip to the BLUE CAVE and the Island of HVAR.

flower

16th of July

We got up very early in the morning and headed to the harbour, where we boarded a beautiful boat. The first point of visit was the BLUE LAGOON on the island of BUDIKOVAC

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 3c0c3e10
BUDIKOVAC ISLAND

While I was sunbathing on a deck chair, I felt something near me. I opened my eyes and... WOW... Look what I found...  affraid

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 9c710810

The donkey was looking at me... I was scared to death!!! (I never asked how a donkey got to that island... Shrek wasn't there).

After this break and my close encounter with the donkey, we set off for STINIVA BEACH on VIS ISLAND.

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 51639f10
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment Ea8d1a10
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 46be8910
STINIVA BEACH/VIS ISLAND

The boat anchored 100 metres from the beach (which you can see in the background), where you could swim to. The only detail is that, at that distance, the sea was 12 metres deep. I, of course, took pictures... from the top of the boat.

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 1a816210

Really, an AMAZING place. A beach hidden in the mountains, I have never never seen such a wonder of nature. It captured all my senses.

After a couple of hours of enjoying the beauty of the place, we will return to our last destination: the BLUE CAVE, on BISEVA Island.

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 642ef510

Can you see that little hole in the rock? It is the entrance to the cave.

And at the order of the ship's captain who told us: "keep your heads down", we entered the cave, OMG!!!! Look at this.... My eyes were not able to take in so much beauty...

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment C91de210

BLUE CAVE (it looks blue due to the effect of the light penetrating through the chinks in the rocks).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wp7Z1srKF2NqMGSVDVXdJkedYS9Ujkxl/view?usp=drivesdk

And finally we arrive at our last destination: the island of HVAR, located in the Adriatic Sea.

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 6e0cf610
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment De93cc10
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 49483010
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment Df601c10

HVAR, in addition to the harbour and the coastal area, also has a Historic Centre.

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment D340a910
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 0d12c110
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 7c1a8b10

And from here we return to SPLIT, where, after a well-deserved dinner and a good rest, we prepare for our last day. Destination: KLIS Fortress (MEEREEN in Game of Thrones, for those who watched the series).  

flower

July 17th

We get up early and after a 20 minutes taxi ride, we arrive at the Klis Fortress.
Klis Fortress is a medieval fortress located in the village of Klis and is known for its defence against the Ottoman invasion of Europe in the 16th century

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 3b9a6310
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 272fbf10

And there I was re-encountered with my natural "little windows", which allowed me to take these pics.

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 55d7f510
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 467b3010

From here, we went to the city of TROGIR.
Trogir is a historic town and port on the Adriatic coast, located 27 km west of Split. The town is built on a small island (approx. 1 km²) situated between the mainland and the island of Ciovo.
The city centre has been a Unesco World Heritage Site since 1997

Traveler Log - 2nd Installment D7821110
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 1174ed10
Traveler Log - 2nd Installment 36002010
TROGIR/OLD TOWN

And Croatia came to an end. We said a sad goodbye to that wonderful country, especially Dubrovnik.  Crying
But our journey was just beginning, and our next destination was  VENICE....
And there we go!!!!

Thank you thanks

Last edited by Chorilandia on Mon 31 May 2021 - 20:44; edited 8 times in total

Downton Falls Thinks this post is Awesome

Back to top Go down
View user profile