Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Lucky Coupon, June 19, 2021
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Today at 10:45

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Today at 1:19

» Food, Hobbies, anything else off-topic!
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Today at 0:34

» The UTF Music Playlist
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Yesterday at 23:34

» Next Regatta Season
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 16:19

» Songs of Township
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 22:35

» Delayed Start ROC
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 21:46

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 11:10

» RoC FAQ by T&B and the Leaders of Township /June 15-21
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Arial Heights Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 0:22

» Question about selling houses
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 0:57

» Great Freight (6-14-21)
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:33

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 19:22

» Township Wiki
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Adarsh13 Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 11:46

» Mic's Table
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Thu 10 Jun 2021 - 23:32

» My First Stab....
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Thu 10 Jun 2021 - 1:59

» Transfer My Game
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby sue Wed 9 Jun 2021 - 17:49

» Jungle Quest is here 6/3 (plus share & find lucky towns here)
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 9 Jun 2021 - 1:06

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Lutka48 Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 20:31

» Update is here/IOS
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Fri 4 Jun 2021 - 13:53

» When your contractor subs out to some dude he picked up at Home Depot.
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 21:50

» WTFIT??? The acronym thread
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 18:59

» 50 friends?
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 14:52

» What are your top 3 favorite t.v / telly shows?
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 6:00

» Over 1000 members!
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Campogiro Tue 1 Jun 2021 - 23:16

New topics
» Delayed Start ROC
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 11:30

» Lucky Coupon, June 19, 2021
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 20:03

» Great Freight (6-14-21)
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:09

» Next Regatta Season
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 11:54

» Question about selling houses
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby CaseMoline Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 1:32

» RoC FAQ by T&B and the Leaders of Township /June 15-21
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 21:06

» Transfer My Game
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby sue Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 14:52

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
Traveler Log - 1st Installment I_icon_minitimeby Mike Mon 7 Jun 2021 - 14:00

Traveler Log - 1st Installment

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

Traveler Log - 1st Installment Empty
PostTraveler Log - 1st Installment

hi

Traveling is one of the most rewarding experiences in life. Not only does it allow you to discover new places, but also to get to know different idiosyncrasies and cultures.

It is so rewarding that, during my travels, I don't play TS!!!!.
And to inaugurate my blog, I will start by telling you about my latest adventure, in July 2019, which started in Croatia and ended in Italy.
To make the most, I start my preparations 6-8 months before I travel, making detailed itineraries that I try to stick to so I don't waste time, and renting in advance the apartments/hotels where I'm going to stay.

Within Europe, and whenever possible, I choose to travel by train, as flying is very time-consuming: arriving 4 hours early at the airport for check-in, immigration and customs. Nothing better than a train, which also gives me the experience of being able to enjoy the beauty of the journey through the window.

Then, come on! Join me on my journey. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

FROM CROATIA to ITALY
We arrived at Dubrovnik on July 12nd, after many hours of travelling.

Dubrovnik is situated in the south of Croatia, on the coast of the Adriatic Sea.
We stayed in a flat which we chose for only one reason: THE VIEW THROUGH THIS WINDOW:

Traveler Log - 1st Installment 61e3a010

From there we had a magnificent view of the location where many scenes from GAME OF TRHONES were filmed, and it was only a few minutes away from the "old town" of Dubrovnik.

Traveler Log - 1st Installment 22753b10

It was already getting dark but, despite our tiredness, nothing stopped us from going out to explore the city.

Traveler Log - 1st Installment 26a0f710

Jesuit staircase/“Walk of shame” GoT

The next day, we got up early, as we had a trip to BOSNIA. Bosnia borders Croatia, Serbia and Montenegro; its capital is Sarajevo. Unlike Croatia, it is not part of the European Union.

There we visited two beautiful places: Kravice Waterfall and Mostar Bridge.
The historic town of Mostar, spanning a deep valley of the Neretva River, developed in the 15th and 16th centuries as an Ottoman frontier town and during the Austro-Hungarian period in the 19th and 20th centuries. Mostar has long been known for its old Turkish houses and Old Bridge, Stari Most, after which it is named. In the 1990s conflict, however, most of the historic town and the Old Bridge, were destroyed. The Old Bridge was recently rebuilt and many of the edifices in the Old Town have been restored or rebuilt with the contribution of an international scientific committee established by UNESCO. The Old Bridge area, with its pre-Ottoman, eastern Ottoman, Mediterranean and western European architectural features, is an outstanding example of a multicultural urban settlement. The reconstructed Old Bridge and Old City of Mostar is a symbol of reconciliation, international co-operation and of the coexistence of diverse cultural, ethnic and religious communities.

Kravice Waterfall

Traveler Log - 1st Installment B4e0b510

Kravice Waterfall are 25 meters high and are so spectacular that they are also called “mini-Niagara falls”. The water becomes steamy as it dramatically falls into the shallow pools.
It is the most beautiful waterfall in the Balkans.

Mostar Bridge
Traveler Log - 1st Installment F3311910

flower

On Sunday 14th, we decided to tour the OLD TOWN of DUBROVNIK.

Traveler Log - 1st Installment D9964710

To tour OLD TOWN, we start by entering the city walls (A).
The city walls are the symbol of Dubrovnik. They were built from the 13th to the 16th century and are considered one of the most beautiful fortification systems in the world. Dubrovnik's 1,940-metre-long fortification system consists of several elements: the main city wall surrounding the city, more than fifteen towers and fortresses, and three city gates: Pile Gate in the west, Ploče Gate in the east and Buža Gate in the north. At their highest point, the walls reach a height of 25 metres.
There are several fortresses that stand out for their size or their beauty. One of the most beautiful fortresses in Croatia is called Minčeta. Standing 80 metres high, Minčeta dominates the city walls on the land side. Other very important fortresses are those by the sea, Bokar and St. John (Sv. Ivan), which house a museum. There are two additional fortresses that are not connected to the city walls:  Lovrijenac Fortress and Revelin Fortress.

Dubrovnik city walls, from Lovrijenac Fortress
Traveler Log - 1st Installment 81c96310

Bokar Fortress
Traveler Log - 1st Installment C1e66610

Minceta Fortress
Traveler Log - 1st Installment 04435210

St. John Fortress

Traveler Log - 1st Installment B5388410

And as we walked along the city walls, l was able to discover small “windows” that allowed me to take magnificent pics.

Traveler Log - 1st Installment D1af2610
Traveler Log - 1st Installment Bee70410

Leaving the city walls, we went to LOVRIJENAC FORTRESS (B), an11th century fortress on a cliff, which we reach by climbing a VERY LONG STAIRWAY (very very long and under a scorching sun).

Lovrijenac Fortress
Traveler Log - 1st Installment 6ea21110

But all that effort was rewarded by the spectacular views from the top.

Traveler Log - 1st Installment Fd5dd010
Traveler Log - 1st Installment 5067e710
Traveler Log - 1st Installment 5f03be10
Traveler Log - 1st Installment 14af5810

Finally, we left the city walls, and went to walk along Stradun Street, the most famous street in Dubrovnik.

Stradun street
Traveler Log - 1st Installment E691cf10

Stradun (or officially ‘Placa’) is the main street in Dubrovnik Old Town. It divides the Old town (part of Dubrovnik built within medieval walls) on two, more or less, equal parts - northern and southern. Stradun is stretched from Pile Gate (western entrance to the old town) to the Old Town’s port. It used to be a channel that divided small island on which Dubrovnik was built from the mainland. Later on, the channel was filled to create the main town’s street.

Most of Dubrovnik's historical and monumental buildings are located on Placa. Along its 300-metre length, there are plenty of sights to see along the way.
Stradun Street has countless shops, cafés and good restaurants. It is ideal for shopping, enjoying a delicious coffee or tasting a typical Croatian dish.
This is why this street is considered the heart of Dubrovnik.

Some of the must-see spots for any visitor to Stradun Street are as follows.

Pile gate

Traveler Log - 1st Installment Fec0ce10

The Pile Gate, crowned by a statue of San Blas, patron saint of the city, is the monument that welcomes you to the historic centre of Dubrovnik. It is an imposing stone structure in the style of medieval architecture.
The gate was built in 1537 to secure the main entrance to the western side of the city.

St. Blas Church
Traveler Log - 1st Installment Ab90e110

The church of San Blas, in honour of the city's patron saint

Onofrio fountain
Traveler Log - 1st Installment 0a85e110

Another key stop. The Onofrio fountain has a circular shape. It was built in the 15th century as a symbol of the new aqueduct. Even today you can still see how the water comes out much cooler than you would expect.

Jesuit Staircase
Traveler Log - 1st Installment 02e7fa10

This is the famous staircase from GOT's "Walk of Shame". It is a baroque style staircase, built in 1738, leading to the Jesuit church of St. Ignatius of Loyola.

Dominican Monastery (view from the top of the city walls)
Traveler Log - 1st Installment 58661510

The Dominican monastery, in the centre of the old city, has a beautiful Gothic-inspired southern portico signed by Bonino de Milano in the 15th century with a beautiful exterior staircase which, evidently, Game of Thrones did not fail to take advantage of.

After this long walk, and being our last day, we decided to have dinner in a restaurant located on the mountains, where we had a delicious grilled octopus.

We went to sleep ready to visit the next city, SPLIT.

To be continued...  Thank you

Last edited by Chorilandia on Mon 31 May 2021 - 20:45; edited 4 times in total

Downton Falls, BlueSkyTown, Mic Miller, Kaytown, Lil Bear and just4fun Thinks this post is Awesome

Back to top Go down
View user profile