Unofficial Township Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


Welcome to UTF. A friendly community full of helpful info for Township players.
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  CalendarCalendar  
Latest topics
» Lucky Coupon, June 19, 2021
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Today at 10:45

» I wish Playrix Would Add/Change:
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Daneborg Today at 1:19

» Food, Hobbies, anything else off-topic!
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Today at 0:34

» The UTF Music Playlist
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Yesterday at 23:34

» Next Regatta Season
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Yesterday at 16:19

» Songs of Township
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 22:35

» Delayed Start ROC
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 21:46

» What are your Tips & Tricks in Township?
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 11:10

» RoC FAQ by T&B and the Leaders of Township /June 15-21
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Arial Heights Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 0:22

» Question about selling houses
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby cemblack Tue 15 Jun 2021 - 0:57

» Great Freight (6-14-21)
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Lil Bear Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 16:33

» NEW DECOR BLOG in the making!!! NEED IDEAS AND INPUT!!!
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Matmat Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 19:22

» Township Wiki
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Adarsh13 Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 11:46

» Mic's Table
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Thu 10 Jun 2021 - 23:32

» My First Stab....
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Thu 10 Jun 2021 - 1:59

» Transfer My Game
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby sue Wed 9 Jun 2021 - 17:49

» Jungle Quest is here 6/3 (plus share & find lucky towns here)
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Wed 9 Jun 2021 - 1:06

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Lutka48 Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 20:31

» Update is here/IOS
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby CodyLyons Fri 4 Jun 2021 - 13:53

» When your contractor subs out to some dude he picked up at Home Depot.
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Mayfield Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 21:50

» WTFIT??? The acronym thread
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Downton Falls Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 18:59

» 50 friends?
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 14:52

» What are your top 3 favorite t.v / telly shows?
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby BKNBLK13 Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 6:00

» Over 1000 members!
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Campogiro Tue 1 Jun 2021 - 23:16

New topics
» Delayed Start ROC
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Rainglaze Thu 17 Jun 2021 - 11:30

» Lucky Coupon, June 19, 2021
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby dnana1 Wed 16 Jun 2021 - 20:03

» Great Freight (6-14-21)
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Mic Miller Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 14:09

» Next Regatta Season
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Darkwood PC Mon 14 Jun 2021 - 11:54

» Question about selling houses
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby CaseMoline Sun 13 Jun 2021 - 1:32

» RoC FAQ by T&B and the Leaders of Township /June 15-21
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Chorilandia Sat 12 Jun 2021 - 21:06

» Transfer My Game
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby sue Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 14:52

» Ruler of the mine 6/7
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeby Mike Mon 7 Jun 2021 - 14:00

PC Crash

Go down
AuthorMessage

Kaytown

Active
Kaytown
Active

Posts : 214
Likes : 87
Join date : 2020-08-02



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2021 - 14:21 #1

Hi everybody, I hope there is someone who can help me out.
On Friday my PC suddenly crashed and I dont know why. 
Since then it doesn't boot anymore. My husband is working on it and is usually really good at such things but today he gave in. He really tried everything possible but without success.

So it seems that we have to buy a new PC  Shocked Sad

My question is: How can I keep my town on Windows 10 when my fb account is already connected
to my Android town? Do I have to contact TSSupport and give them the codes (friendship, coop) or is there another way? As I'm not able to get the data of this beforementioned file, what can I do?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Lil Bear

TC
Lil Bear
TC

Posts : 750
Likes : 240
Join date : 2020-10-11



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2021 - 14:56 #2

@Kaytown wrote:
My question is: How can I keep my town on Windows 10 when my fb account is already connected
to my Android town? Do I have to contact TSSupport and give them the codes (friendship, coop) or is there another way? As I'm not able to get the data of this beforementioned file, what can I do?
@Kaytown OK, congrats on the new PC!  thumbs   Now, after you get it up and running, please add TS from the Windows Store.  Open your FB and login (might not be needed, but just to be sure).  Open TS and do the first few levels.  Get to the point where you can open the cog wheel and add your FB account.  It will ask you which town you want to save.  It will warn you that it will override.  Just make sure to save your established town!  rofl,lol

You can also read this link which has a better explanation than mine, but it is more wordy.
https://township.fandom.com/wiki/Transfer_Township
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kaytown

Active
Kaytown
Active

Posts : 214
Likes : 87
Join date : 2020-08-02



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2021 - 16:09 #3

Thanks for your quick reply  @Lil Bear.
Unfortunately this will probably not work for my Windows town as my Android town is already connected to my fb account.

So I will have to download the game from the windows store, play the tutorial and then contact the Support.

Wish me luck that it will work! My Windows town was quite expensive... PC Crash  2603823199
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Lil Bear

TC
Lil Bear
TC

Posts : 750
Likes : 240
Join date : 2020-10-11



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2021 - 16:16 #4

@Kaytown wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply  @Lil Bear.
Unfortunately this will probably not work for my Windows town as my Android town is already connected to my fb account.

So I will have to download the game from the windows store, play the tutorial and then contact the Support.

Wish me luck that it will work! My Windows town was quite expensive... PC Crash  2603823199
@Kaytown Most people have two FB accounts.  One for the PC game and one for the Android game... Shh(Alternatively, google play for Android and FB for PC.)

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/township/?p=web&l=en&contact=1
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Willow Mist

Active
Willow Mist
Active

Posts : 355
Likes : 159
Join date : 2020-04-23



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2021 - 16:29 #5

Kaytown, I had the same problem. my PC crashed and it was a game that was not connected to anything as I don't do FB. After a while working with support they were able to find, confirm i was the owner of and restore my town. It took about a month as i didn't have as much to confirm that it was mine (and not me trying to steal someone else's town) so hopefully it won't take that long for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kevsville

Active
Kevsville
Active

Posts : 281
Likes : 123
Join date : 2020-10-31



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2021 - 17:03 #6

@Kaytown

I know it’s stable door after the horse has bolted,but I always back up my pc and laptops to a new hard drive.
Then if it’s a software operating system problem and not a hardware one I can just swap the drive.
Not all pc’s are compatible to pre-installed OS’s but sometimes it’s an easy,quick fix.
I play Township on iPad so always backed up to the cloud,no problem to install on a new iDevice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kaytown

Active
Kaytown
Active

Posts : 214
Likes : 87
Join date : 2020-08-02



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2021 - 19:15 #7

@Lil Bear wrote:
@Kaytown wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply  @Lil Bear.
Unfortunately this will probably not work for my Windows town as my Android town is already connected to my fb account.

So I will have to download the game from the windows store, play the tutorial and then contact the Support.

Wish me luck that it will work! My Windows town was quite expensive... PC Crash  2603823199
@Kaytown Most people have two FB accounts.  One for the PC game and one for the Android game... Shh(Alternatively, google play for Android and FB for PC.)

https://playrix.helpshift.com/a/township/?p=web&l=en&contact=1
Yes, I will definetely create a second fb account for my Windows town to avoid this problem  thumbs
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kaytown

Active
Kaytown
Active

Posts : 214
Likes : 87
Join date : 2020-08-02



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2021 - 19:18 #8

@Willow Mist wrote:
Kaytown, I had the same problem. my PC crashed and it was a game that was not connected to anything as I don't do FB. After a while working with support they were able to find, confirm i was the owner of and restore my town. It took about a month as i didn't have as much to confirm that it was mine (and not me trying to steal someone else's town) so hopefully it won't take that long for you.
Thank you @Willow Mist ,Good to know I'm not alone and I pray that it will not take such a lot of time!  Crying
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kaytown

Active
Kaytown
Active

Posts : 214
Likes : 87
Join date : 2020-08-02



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2021 - 19:23 #9

@Kevsville wrote:
@Kaytown

I know it’s stable door after the horse has bolted,but I always back up my pc and laptops to a new hard drive.
Then if it’s a software operating system problem and not a hardware one I can just swap the drive.
Not all pc’s are compatible to pre-installed OS’s but sometimes it’s an easy,quick fix.
I play Township on iPad so always backed up to the cloud,no problem to install on a new iDevice.
I did my backups but it wasn't even possible to reinstall Windows! It seems to be a bigger problem...furtunately I still have my other files to work with, but just not the TS file  Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Chorilandia

TC
Chorilandia
TC

Posts : 902
Likes : 412
Join date : 2020-07-01



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2021 - 19:50 #10

@Kaytown

The exact same thing happened to me as @Willow Mist . And it was TS support that got my town back. I didn't even know my friend code! It was the only time I ever thanked Playrix. You are not alone! hugs




Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kaytown

Active
Kaytown
Active

Posts : 214
Likes : 87
Join date : 2020-08-02



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2021 - 20:27 #11

Thank you  @Chorilandia, thank you all!
My hope is rising that everything will be fine soon.  hugs PC Crash  758628233

I will keep you updated  PC Crash  3196134821
Back to top Go down

Lil Bear Agrees with this post

View user profile

Kevsville

Active
Kevsville
Active

Posts : 281
Likes : 123
Join date : 2020-10-31



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeSun 16 May 2021 - 20:46 #12

@Kaytown wrote:
@Kevsville wrote:
@Kaytown

I know it’s stable door after the horse has bolted,but I always back up my pc and laptops to a new hard drive.
Then if it’s a software operating system problem and not a hardware one I can just swap the drive.
Not all pc’s are compatible to pre-installed OS’s but sometimes it’s an easy,quick fix.
I play Township on iPad so always backed up to the cloud,no problem to install on a new iDevice.
I did my backups but it wasn't even possible to reinstall Windows! It seems to be a bigger problem...furtunately I still have my other files to work with, but just not the TS file  Sad
I should have said that I back up by cloning my current HDD to another drive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kaytown

Active
Kaytown
Active

Posts : 214
Likes : 87
Join date : 2020-08-02



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2021 - 20:15 #13

Hey guys,
just wanted to inform you that I have my town back!!!! Yippee! cheering yay PC Crash  2330028986

My super ingenious husband hadn't given up after all and had put together a new PC for me. When all the programs were finally running again and my data was restored, all I had to do was install Township, play through the tutorial and contact support. With the information I had thankfully written down beforehand, my town was restored in no time by Playwreck. Phew, I am so relieved and happy. Just wanted to share that with you all. dancing banana PC Crash  747291953
Back to top Go down

Willow Mist, Mic Miller, Chorilandia and Lil Bear Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile

Lil Bear

TC
Lil Bear
TC

Posts : 750
Likes : 240
Join date : 2020-10-11



PC Crash  Empty
PC Crash  I_icon_minitimeFri 21 May 2021 - 20:42 #14

Back to top Go down

Kaytown Thinks this post is Awesome

View user profile
PC Crash
Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Unofficial Township Forum :: ~Windows Platform~ :: All things Windows-
Jump to: